Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Meanwhile down at PVR

124»

Comments

• Options
    Welling now 11 points clear but have played 1 game more.

Next week they're away to 2nd place Salisbury, avoid defeat there and they're as good as promoted.
  • Options
    Brilliant day for Welling, went over there on Friday against Chelmsford and they were far too good on the day. No stopping the Wings this year!
  • Options
    That league table makes happy reading. They are not Charlton so no way will they nause it up.
  • Options
    last minute sending off for their centre half ruined it really. Can see them missing him over the next three games. Unnecessary too. Poor game played in a biting, swirling wind. Not being used to that level of football I can't tell if it was a good performance or not. To be honest I couldn't watch that every week. Made hoofball seem attractive.
  • Options
    I went today, seeing as I live in Hastings. Very impressed by the welling left back, even more so when I discovered he is only 17.

Also, I'm certain I saw Peter Varney in the car park before the match ?!!
  • Options
    Well done The Wings. Nice to see a local side doing the business this season.
  • Options
    Looking at the table, Salisbury can now only get a max of 87 points.
    GD +24.

Welling already on 80 points, 5 games to play.
    GD +44

Salisbury v Welling to play on Saturday.

• Options
    edited April 2013
    Top performance from Wings yesterday, the result was never really in any doubt. Good day out all round! Was having such a good laugh with Swerve & son that we missed the sending off!
  • Options
    Looks like a win on Saturday pretty much seals it! Just hope they don't do a Charlton. A defeat at Salisbury and it's a very different picture. Been following the Wings since the 70/80's. John Bartley and all that. CoyW
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Barney Williams is the left back, he only played because the regular player Obo was injured. The third goal, was class ...
  • Options
    meldrew66 said:

Looks like a win on Saturday pretty much seals it! Just hope they don't do a Charlton. A defeat at Salisbury and it's a very different picture. Been following the Wings since the 70/80's. John Bartley and all that. CoyW

John bartley, now he was a player, fat bloke, unplayable and scored for fun and is the clubs record goalscorer. Club legend!
  • Options

I went today, seeing as I live in Hastings. Very impressed by the welling left back, even more so when I discovered he is only 17.

agree, the left back was very impressive, best player on the pitch by a long way.