Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Meanwhile down at PVR

Under 12s are now free with an accompanied adult. Making it cheaper for some of you to bring the nippers and support the Wings when the Addicks arent playing or are away in Scotland at some northern outpost.
Special 3 game mini festive ticket for adults is £27 for next 3 games.
Wings are 2nd in the league, have won 8 games on the bounce, smashed a full strength Newport (Who are top of the Blue Square Prem) out of the FA Trophy 2-0 and are at Woking tomorrow in the next round.
Did the double over Bromley the other day (Palace booooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo)

Ah and the bar is now selling Shepherd Neame beers, Hurlimann, Wings Lager (AKA a sheps lager), Thatchers Gold, Spitfire, A Real Ale on pump usually.

Merry Christmas Addicks

Comments

• I used to have a job in a dairy....
  • Nice one Welling - might pop down to Woking later
  • Another Blue Square Premier side sent packing as Wings go into the last 16 in FA Trophy winning 1-0 at Woking today.

Wings have now won 9 on the spin, 6 League and 3 FA Trophy.
  • And another Conference side sent packing as Bromley beat in form Kidderminster 1-0 today thanks to a first half penalty. Bromley saved a 94th minute penalty as well. Great game.
    Will we see one of out local sides make it to Wembley this season? Bromley, Welling and Dartford all through to the last 16 which is rare

• Will we see one of out local sides make it to Wembley this season? Bromley, Welling and Dartford all through to the last 16 which is rare

wow that's quite something !
  • Maidstone United are still in it their last 32 match was called off on Saturday, also have Sutton United and Chelmsford City in the last 16!!
  • edited December 2012
    For any of you not going to Watford

Wings at home to AFC Hornchurch 3pm on New years Day.

Under 12s with an adult are free to get in and first 50 under 12s will get a christmas present. Wings have won their last 10 games, 7 in league, 3 in FA Trophy.

Manager Jamie Day just won Manager of the Month for the second month running and striker Kiernan Hughes-Mason won Blue Square Bet South player of the month for 5 goals in 4 games.

Wings could go top tomorrow if they win and Salisbury dont win, Pitch reported as being ok for tomorrow and there should be a deal on in the Wings Bar before the game.
  • might have some of that tomorrow, only a couple of hundred yards away and a few new years pints
  • I'll be there! Come on Wings!
  • edited January 2013
    Great to see some Addicks there today, Hornchurch brought about 30 and crowd was nearly 700. Wings won their 11th game on the trot by beating Hornchurch 4-0.
  • Sponsored links:

• Fantastic performance. Well Done
  • Chuffed for Welling, They've won every league game since end of Oct. would be super to see them promoted. I know they had some serious financial probs a couple of seasons ago, could their star players/manager be sold to pay debts?
  • Well done the Wings
  • The big debt was the 6 figures owed (since paid) to HMRC that threatened the existance , other debts seem to be reducing or paid off. What we really need is bums on seats, Today there were Charlton fans in numbers and it was great to see. Unfortunately this season we clash a lot but when the Addicks are away or not playing then their support at Park View Road is massively appreciated.
  • I went down there yesterday and really enjoyed it. Probably the best quality football I've ever seen at Welling.

Jamie Day is doing a top job down there.
  • Good to see Welling doing well. Just checked the Conf. South table. Crazy division, Staines/Hornchurch have played 7 games more than Dorchester (23 v 16). How does that happen? Cups/bad pitches/weather etc?
  • I used to have a job in a dairy....

bet you looked sweet in yer milkmaid's outfit !!
  • I used to have a job in a diary....

A pocket one?
  • Wings on a brilliant run. Good to see.
  • http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aoKfijsqWK8

6 mins 45 seconds in. Decent keeper, maybe worth keeping an eye in the coming months.
  • Sponsored links:

• edited January 2013
    Jake Gallagher, 19 year old midfielder looks well worth keeping an eye on....
  • Jake Gallagher, 19 year old midfielder looks well worth keeping an eye on....

Quality goal from him!

• 3-1 down at half time today. Won 4-3.
  • edited January 2013
    My son tells me a 96th minute winner for the Wings against the bottom Club, Truro, who also had the child killer McCormack in goal for them. And a certain Barry Hayles as a used sub - he must be into his 40s by now!
  • My son tells me a 96th minute winner for the Wings against the bottom Club, Truro, who also had the child killer McCormack in goal for them. And a certain Barry Hayles as a used sub - he must be into his 40s by now!

Not IQ level he aint. Ever heard him speak?
  • My son tells me a 96th minute winner for the Wings against the bottom Club, Truro, who also had the child killer McCormack in goal for them. And a certain Barry Hayles as a used sub - he must be into his 40s by now!

I think Hayles got sent off.
  • Don't shout but went to PVR today as my cousin (over from Australia) wanted to see a non-league match. What a game - it wasn't Hayles that got sent off some much younger guy and he took the best part of 5 mins to leave the pitch. As always great to stand and walk around - beer in the Wings bar was great. I really must make it more often. Real shame home and away matches clash so much.
  • It was the truro player manager that was sent off !!!
  • Quick update

The Wings have won 11 games in the league on the trot, An all time league record. Despite suffering injuries to 2 right backs and 2 strikers the Wings are bang in there in 2nd and if we win the games in hand would go top. Currently 6 points behind with 3 games in hand. So Tuesday is massive...

The Wings are at home on Tuesday to Boreham Wood who are up around the play offs and will have ex Welling wide man Loick Pires playing for them.

It would be great to see a few addicks there to get behind the boys, Kick off 7:45 hopefully there will be some real ale on to go with the lagers and cider from Shepherd Neame that is on offer.

Here are highlights from the 3-2 win on Saturday Vs Dorchester. You can see the Wings are giving a lot on the pitch.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t2T4oluCST8