Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The Covered End----Memories

167891012»

Comments

• Options
    Still owe Kevin a pint or two. Saved me from a kicking once or twice.
  • Options
    Very true.
  • Options
    Next game kev comes over for I'll let you all know. 
    Come and say hello.
  • Options
    _MrDick said:
    _MrDick said:
    Solidgone said:
    he did loose teeth that day not sure about getying stabbed.

Jim took his own life a few years ago RIP
    I was on the same coach as Jim and pretty much all the rest of the Eltham / Weling charlton boys. I don't Remember anyone getting stabbed, but Bob, McGlone got smash on head with a brick , that the bloke was carrying in a plastic bag.  That was one wild day, our first game in the third tier, and what an introduction. 

he did loose teeth that day not sure about getying stabbed.

Jim took his own life a few years ago RIP
    I was on the same coach as Jim and pretty much all the rest of the Eltham / Weling charlton boys. I don't Remember anyone getting stabbed, but Bob, McGlone got smash on head with a brick , that the bloke was carrying in a plastic bag.  That was one wild day, our first game in the third tier, and what an introduction. 

I might be mixing this up when there was a meeting with Coventry at the services. 
    Yes the First day kn the third tier was hectic!
    Definitely Coventry 
    Indeed it was Coventry and Jim was stabbed bad enough that it nearly killed him.
    When he recovered he never used to go to Charlton as much.
    Stopped going altogether years ago.
    He then sadly took his own life. 
    I went to his funeral and there was a good turnout of Charlton to pay there respects.
    RIP Jim.
    Too brave for his own good was Jim. Always remember Chelsea away on Boxing Day 1975(?). Our district line train pulled into Earls Court and Jim wanted to take on about 200 Chelsea on his own. His mates thankfully stoped him 

• Options
    I was on that tube with my Brother Neil . . . I was 14 Neil was 16 . . . We had won I think 2-3 . . . crazy days . . . 
  • Options
    Walking back to Bolton station in the early 80's, we were ambushed by about 50 of their lads. Kevin Hopkins got out a silver Parker pen and the Bolton lads scattered thinking it was a knife. Couldn't run after them because we were too busy laughing ourselves silly.
    I was one of the younger lot at the time and will always remember this but don't remember the silver parker pen tbh.
    We did not have big numbers at this away game  and had a great time back on the train with a few beers and listening to old stories.
    Respect!
  • Options
    Walking back to Bolton station, we were ambushed by about 50 of their lads. Kevin Hopkins got out a silver Parker pen and the Bolton lads scattered thinking it was a knife. Couldn't run after them because we were too busy laughing ourselves silly.
    The size and shape of most of us now we couldn't run even if we wanted to. 
    Maybe you couldn’t porky.
  • Options
    Remember a game with Birmingham around 81-82, we won 1-0.  Anyway some Birmingham fans got into the covered end and in the kerfuffle my mate lost his shoe which was thrown around for a bit until we managed to get it back.
  • Options
    Who can remember travelling by train to Oldham away Nov 1975 from Euston  . . . . We lost 2-0 but with Tottenham @ M City & Chelsea @ Blackpool it was a day no 14 year old will ever forget . . . Jimmy J, Kevin H . . Eltham Middle Park 100 CAFC Max . . . Brilliant  Madness . . .