Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

It's snowing ! (Feb 2022 Page 77)

Comments

• Meanwhile we had our second 40+C day today with the mercury tipping 45C at 4pm....send me some snow please.
  • TEL said:

Meanwhile we had our second 40+C day today with the mercury tipping 45C at 4pm....send me some snow please.

Any particular colour?
  • Heavy snow here in Norfolk.
  • Showers starting again in welling. Really strong wind too.
  • Snowing in upper Belvedere.
  • Properly going for it now in Charlton
  • Coming down in Canary Wharf
  • edited January 2017
    Snowing in Fleet Street
  • Sponsored links:

• Bright sunshine in Lancashire, snow on the roads this morning but all main roads gritted and cycled in the ten miles with no incident (except a tree down in Culcheth causing mile long tailbacks)

Worst thing this morning was the 25-30mph winds - getting caught by a gust and blown into traffic wasn't fun
  • Snow this morning at home in Gloucester the roads were mayhem, got to work just north of Bristol and there isn't a drop, the sun is beaming down on us now.
  • snowing outside all three office windows here in Malling
  • Snowing in central London.
  • Snowing now in Orpington.
  • Snowing now in Orpington.

Could you keep me updated on this, i have to go to PRU tonight , Thanks
  • kimbo said:

Snowing now in Orpington.

Could you keep me updated on this, i have to go to PRU tonight , Thanks
    It stopped well before 12noon... I'll be here till 5pm

Went out for my lunch and the sun was out and must surely be melting the snow / ice so cant see any problems
  • Dizzle said:

Any more of the white stuff appearing tonight?

@RogerJohnson
    Ok, any more of the wet white stuff appearing tonight?
    Oooh missus!
  • Sponsored links:

Don't worry, it will stop the minute our lot kick off tomorrow
  • edited January 2017
    At least the weather news is keeping Trump out of the headlines for a while.

Don't worry, it will stop the minute our lot kick off tomorrow
    Which of our kick offs are you referring to?

• How is the snow paranoia getting on?

It's been a beautifully bright and breezy sunny day down here, barely a cloud in the sky.
    Washing drying on the line.

It's the little things in life that bring the greatest pleasures.

;o)

• is that it for the snow now then or are we expecting more tonight/tomorrow

Whenever it snows in the UK people post things like this. They say how travel grounding to a halt and people not being able to school is ridiculous when places like Scandinavia and Canada deal with far worse conditions for months on end.

Did they not get the memo? Are they not in on it?

Of course we could function when there is a light dusting of snow, but it's just one big con and we're all in on it. It's a great excuse to stay at home, put your feet up and do f*** all. Them mugs over on the continent or over in North America just didn't get in on it early enough.

The thing is those countries spend big on support infrastructure to deal with it as it happens every year all over the country.

There is a financial balancing act to be done with budgets (whoever is in power) - and given the relative infrequency of such conditions in the U.K. we do not invest heavily in it.
    You could put up the same picture & substitute England for Vancouver & Canada for Calgary.
  • is that it for the snow now then or are we expecting more tonight/tomorrow

That's all for now folks.
  • Took an hour and a half to get across maidstone this morning. Usually takes 15 minutes. Hope that is it for snow!
  • Pretty much melted here now.

Total carnage this morning though, nearly slipped over TWICE when I was walking the dog.