Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

It's snowing ! (Feb 2022 Page 77)

Comments

• Just heard that a tree has come down in Wadhurst, blocking the line between here and Tonbridge.

Thought we had a blow fly buzzing around the lounge but must have been a chain saw across the road !
  • Any more of the white stuff appearing tonight?
  • Any more of the white stuff appearing tonight?

@RogerJohnson
  • Dizzle said:

Any more of the white stuff appearing tonight?

@RogerJohnson
    Ok, any more of the wet white stuff appearing tonight?
  • Dizzle said:

@RogerJohnson
    Well, Mr F has a nasty cold ....
  • 4 1/2 hours sittingbourne to Maidstone and I'm home. Someone had made a snowman at the top of detling hill which cheered me up as I finally made my way down!
  • Melting in Canterbury. Unless we get a lot more and the temperature drops significantly there won't be any left by the morning...

And before anyone says it. I'm a student! You think I've got the central heating on?!
    What? No central heating at the posh uni :-)
    Hahah very good. Student loan only goes so far...
    Buy a jumper.
  • Melting in Canterbury. Unless we get a lot more and the temperature drops significantly there won't be any left by the morning...

And before anyone says it. I'm a student! You think I've got the central heating on?!
    You at UKC? I remember how cold that campus gets! Got a huge duffel coat in my year in halls.

Remember brilliant snow that year, started about 11pm and half the campus turned out for full on snowball wars, then all teamed up along the main pathway at 2am to pelt everyone rolling out of The Venue.
  • That's me just about to leave a cold but non-snowy Glasgow on the Sleeper to Euston. Will we get there or become icebound/ snowbound en route? If you never here from me again, you know the answer...
  • Sponsored links:

• Dizzle said:

@RogerJohnson
    A light dusting is forecast for London around 2am. Virtually all the snow on the roads in Bromley has melted and is still melting now, but zero degrees is forecast for midnight and beyond.

You at UKC? I remember how cold that campus gets! Got a huge duffel coat in my year in halls.

Remember brilliant snow that year, started about 11pm and half the campus turned out for full on snowball wars, then all teamed up along the main pathway at 2am to pelt everyone rolling out of The Venue.
    I am at UKC. Fourth year now so not in campus. I seem to have been the last year before they built decent accommodation that was actually affordable!

I've been waiting for snow each year I've been here and none has come. Now it finally has but barely anyone is here to enjoy it with because germ doesn't start till monday and it'll all be long gone by then. Eliot Hill on an improvised sledge would be quality! Hope we get a decent batch during term, not least because I would never say no to a few cancelled lectures.
  • 4 1/2 hours sittingbourne to Maidstone and I'm home. Someone had made a snowman at the top of detling hill which cheered me up as I finally made my way down!

Grim.

• Curb_It said:

4 1/2 hours sittingbourne to Maidstone and I'm home. Someone had made a snowman at the top of detling hill which cheered me up as I finally made my way down!

Grim.

Any news on your flight?
  • Oakster said:

Plenty of snow coming down here and settling in my village on Kent/Sussex border not too far from Tunbridge Wells.

@thai malaysia addick Where? My in-laws live in Eridge!
    @Oakster so do mine!

• Little bit icy on Chelmsford this morning. Train only half as full as usual. Plenty already started their weekends.
  • Used the 'roads are sheet ice round here' excuse for staying indoors.
  • Sponsored links:

• total damp squib, not snowed in at all - was looking forward to a day at home
  • edited January 2017
    Getting round 2 at about 10-11 if anyone can wait out leaving till then. Won't be safe on the road with snow on already slushy ice.
  • No further snow overnight Cranbrook way. There wasn't much anyway - which was just as well as we had a power cut. Considering I live out in the sticks, seem to have got off lightly, unlike some of you in less remote areas.
  • Just looked out the window and it started snowing in the time that I was catching up with this thread. Great Wakering, Essex.
  • Cycled in to work, no issues between Sidcup and Woolwich. Wind was freezing but thats about it.
  • Snowing heavily up here now . Heading your way
  • There are no street lights, buses and certainly no gritter lorries where we live. So it looks like a day in then. Oh, I forgot about the two pubs.
  • Curb_It said:

All scheduled on time to go! Saves me the torment of tomorrow.

Enjoy it!