Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

It's snowing ! (Feb 2022 Page 77)

Comments

• I've got six inches in Shooters Hill.
  • 3pm seems to be the magic number here in Gloucestershire.

Visions of grandeur Shooters up near that water tower? :wink:
  • Been snowing over night in Glasgow but only light though. Settled but nothing of any note (So expect people in the South to be "unable to make it into work boss" and half of London to close down when it reaches you later).
  • DRAddick said:

Been snowing over night in Glasgow but only light though. Settled but nothing of any note (So expect people in the South to be "unable to make it into work boss" and half of London to close down when it reaches you later).

So, not enough to cover a salad bar in a Glaswegian restaurant then :-)

What's his name?

What's his name?
    It can't be Elfsborg can it @ricky_otto will know where he lives. All good things Elfs, all good things :wink: .
  • Sponsored links:

• We will get some cold rain in London, probably not even able to call it sleet.
  • Prediction. Starts pissing it down around 11am and turns to wet snow at night for an hour, barely settling.

... and then freeze solid overnight.
  • MrOneLung said:

We will get some cold rain in London, probably not even able to call it sleet.

It will still be enough to screw the trains up!!
  • Jan 17th? They can't tell me whether it's going to snow today, let alone on Jan 17th!

Today is a nowcast event. It's pretty well impossible to be precise on what/when/where. Be warned that, if as anticipated very cold air undercuts the last of the rain, the result will be a lot of ice almost immediately, especially if there is any lying snow/slush. There will be no salt/grit on the roads.
  • Hex said:

Prediction. Starts pissing it down around 11am and turns to wet snow at night for an hour, barely settling.

And this is my worry. I have a 9.40am flight to Malaga tomorrow morning from City. What are my chances?

• Curb_It said:

Hex said:

Prediction. Starts pissing it down around 11am and turns to wet snow at night for an hour, barely settling.

And this is my worry. I have a 9.40am flight to Malaga tomorrow morning from City. What are my chances?

Plan to get to the airport early. Should be OK by then but ..... ;-)
  • Curb_It said:

Hex said:

BBC quoting some flights already being cancelled in anticipation....

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-38594739
  • The rain is pouring down here.
  • Sponsored links:

I'm sure I've told this true story before. In the news studio, the female anchor is speaking to a male weather forecaster who is out on location. She says: "So, last night, you promised me six inches, but there was nothing. What's the prospects today?" At this point, everyone in the studio fell about laughing.
    On a slightly different note I ordered a new shed this week and due to being busy and the size of the shed (12 x 6) I cannot be arsed to put it up myself. Whilst on the phone I asked the young lady "do you offer an erection service" to which she replied "I hear that several times a day sir, which answer would you like"....................great comeback.
    Go for the full hard base option.
  • sam3110 said:

South Eastern were already tweeting yesterday to expect delays and cancellations, fecking shysters

You mean they haven't said that services will start from 1pm tomorrow due to the inclement weather forecast.
  • Hex said:

Curb_It said:

Hex said:

Plan to get to the airport early. Should be OK by then but ..... ;-)
    I should have added @Curb_It that there is the possibility of some sleet/snow around dawn tomorrow. Keep watching the proper forecasts and don't take any notice of apps on mobiles etc.
  • Okay thanks @hex - I must have watched the weather about 10 times yesterday . Do you do this for a living?
  • I don't think we're gonna get much/too bad. This weather is coming from the north and usual it's fizzled out by the time it gets to us...

Its when it comes from the east that the south East get it bad....
  • Curb_It said:

Okay thanks @hex - I must have watched the weather about 10 times yesterday . Do you do this for a living?

Nope ! Just interested by something we know so little about.