Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

It's snowing ! (Feb 2022 Page 77)

Comments

• quick snow flurry in Bexleyheath.

Ducktape's way of wreaking vengeance on all who cross him.
  • Pretty big flakes in Soho.
  • Heavy snow here in Hertfordshire.... for about 2 mins
  • snowed all weekend up greenwich
  • Quick hail storm, followed by the biggest clap of thunder I've ever heard then blue sky and sunshine 2 minutes later.

Now back to this horrible hail/sleet again.
    All in the space of 15 minutes.

As if Bermondsey wasn't bad enough already.
  • Oggy Red said:

Never snows down here, just bleddy sunshine.

I had a cheeky break down in Watergate Bay near Padstow a few weeks ago Oggy, Blue skies and sunshine all the way :smile:
    You must have been very lucky then, Mike!

• And Blackheath.

Prince was right. Sometimes is does snow in April.
  • edited April 2016
    5 minutes of snow and a few showers of hail, cue the whole of the South East to be paralysed and news crews feverish excitment on a weather story. Thrilling.
  • Wish it was snowing here. Been too hot for a month now, just relentless heat and humidity night and day. And the well's dry at home so having to buy in water.

Actually after a few minutes of cold weather I think I'd be wanting the Thai weather again! But just a drop in temperature and a couple of major thunderstorms would be most welcome.
  • Sponsored links:

• I presume this means the Southeastern trains will cancelled and delayed this evening....

Yup anyone wanting to use SouthEastern tonight are well and truly screwed.

The officials at SE only need to watch Frozen to panic over snow and put on emergency services!!
  • Was snowing in Stoke about 15 mins ago - now blue sky (rare for Stoke)
  • Good afternoon.
    The scores from the Leysdown commity are as following.

1-30pm, cold, light snow.
    2-30pm, bit of blue sky, cold.
    3-30pm, very dark clouds coming over,
    4-20pm, light snow....looking that it might be heavy.

That concludes the news from Leysdown.

• Blue sky and sunshine in Glasgow.
  • Blue sky and sunshine in Glasgow.

The sun always shines on the righteous.
  • bobmunro said:

Blue sky and sunshine in Glasgow.

Not sure if I should like or LOL, but thanks ;-)

• bobmunro said:

No wonder it snowing on me.
  • bobmunro said:

Hopefully its shitting on Roland then!!
  • Just back from Leeds. Freezing cold and sleet / snow
  • http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/cricket/36141843

Some nice snow at the Oval - I posted it here to stop the Surrey thread being bumped to the top!
  • Sponsored links:

• See the crowd it that video. That's the east terrace next season !
  • I'm so jealous. When I lived there circa 2008 I remember we got a pretty decent dusting at the end of April/beginning of May. It was really pleasant, and just enough to cover everything in powder and make the fields of Norfolk look like a painting.
  • Just dusting down everyone's favourite thread for later today.

Eagerly awaiting reports of sleet in Sidcup.

• Just dusting down everyone's favourite thread for later today.

Eagerly awaiting reports of sleet in Sidcup.

I thought this was going to be about dandruff :wink:
  • edited January 2017
    After listening to the news, it sounds like we're preparing for an event of the 'Day After Tomorrow' proportions!! Mind you, this is the UK where anything more than 2 inches is deemed extremely hopeful and excessive!!
  • edited January 2017
    Anything for an excuse to work at home. Not like the old days when we used to make it in come hell or high water. Just can't get the dedication to the cause these days :open_mouth: .........Now where did I put that tin hat.
  • where anything more than 2 inches is deemed extremely hopeful and excessive!!

Ooer missus
  • I see they have put covers over the pitch instead of using the under soil heating.

Silly me, RD saved some money and didn't finish the job. Now (and particularly next week) may have been the best time to give it a test run out.
  • Prediction. Starts pissing it down around 11am and turns to wet snow at night for an hour, barely settling.
  • After listening to the news, it sounds like we're preparing for an event of the 'Day After Tomorrow' proportions!! Mind you, this is the UK where anything more than 2 inches is deemed extremely hopeful and excessive!!

Polish girl at work isn't too bothered. She says at home, they've got about a metre of snow, its minus 27 and only half the roads are shut.