Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Eggert Jonsson Joins on Loan from Wolves

Comments

• Excellent signing; Eggert comes with experience and covers mny positions. Looks like he's not wanted and could be got a for fee lower than his bargain buy from Hearts.

Still I'd wish we'd sign Emile Heskey on 50 grand a week, and go for broke.
  • A wolves fan has described as the worst player he has ever, ever seen.

EVERY player we sign seems to be described by someone on his home club site as 'the worst he's ever seen' .. check out 'cognitive disonance'
    They have this season!
  • edited November 2012
    Good signing IMO. Wolves signed a ton of players in the summer and probably can't accommodate them all. He was also signed by the previous regime and the new manager may well want his own players in.
  • A wolves fan has described as the worst player he has ever, ever seen.

EVERY player we sign seems to be described by someone on his home club site as 'the worst he's ever seen' .. check out 'cognitive disonance'
    Yes very true, according to Leicester fans Yan the worst player goiing. But I would guess very few Charlton fans would agree. Lets see if Chris can make silk purses out of the so called pigs ears that have been brought in on loan.

• well funny you should say that. just asked a very good mate who's a wolves fan...

''He's shit. Honestly one of the strangest purchases from big mick''
  • cafctom said:

Wolves' first team is much stronger than ours', the table shows that. That's why he's not in their plans but might be in ours - pretty self explanatory IMO.

yep they're all of 13th compared to our 19th
    And they also have the likes of Jermaine Pennant, Bacary Sako, Kevin Doyle, Sylvain Ebanks-Blake, Stephen Hunt and Jamie O'Hara in their team.

Form aside, their team is miles stronger than ours.
  • Might / might not catch on....

Eggy Eggy Eggy,

Oy Oy Oy.
  • We need numbers so why not. Has a decent pedigree even if these 1 month loans annoy me.
  • Just asked a wolves fan what he's like and he said:

He's shite, loves a backwards and sideways pass
  • Sponsored links:

• edited November 2012
    He's only joined Wolves this year and only played a handful of games. I think we would be better off asking Hearts fans for their opinion (they actually think pretty highly of him).

Its also only a 28 day loan because that's the maximum length the emergency loan window will allow. Think of it as a trial.

Does this mean we have come into some money?
  • Eggy Eggy Eggy

Fried, boiled, scrambled.

Maybe he looked shite in the Premiership last season so stepping down to a level that perhaps he can compete at? We shall see.
  • I've known a lot of Wolves fans in my time, what with growing up 15 miles from Wolverhampton, and I can honestly say they are some the most ill informed football fans I know. I would not take their opinion too seriously tbh.

Like all players, we should rate him on how he plays for us. If Powell wanted him, that's good enough for me.
  • Like Seabourne gives us cover where we need it. Good move by CP.
  • Tbf he has also now added he hasn't had much of a chance

Like any player, I'll wait till my own eyes watch them play
  • Very versatile defender who has played in both full back positions,centre back and midfield.

Expect to see him up front next game then...........................

;-)
  • cafctom said:

cafctom said:

Wolves' first team is much stronger than ours', the table shows that. That's why he's not in their plans but might be in ours - pretty self explanatory IMO.

yep they're all of 13th compared to our 19th
    And they also have the likes of Jermaine Pennant, Bacary Sako, Kevin Doyle, Sylvain Ebanks-Blake, Stephen Hunt and Jamie O'Hara in their team.

Form aside, their team is miles stronger than ours.
    True and every single one of those have been on the slide since they joined Wolves. Maybe O'Hara, though he was far from impressive once paid for, and as for Roger Johnson... With their over paid and very shite prem squad, they barely ever looked prem class and were lucky to stay up in some very poor 'bottom five' years in the prem. There's virtually no players I'd want from the Wolves team, wasting any Charlton resources. We have sensibly paid varying quality footballers. Most will prove themselves to be champ footballers. The Wolves players can find another mental Pompey-like team.

• Disappointed at the lack of egg puns.

As Exiled said lets see how he does for us.
  • Compare our view of Semedo to the wendy's. Players can be different at different clubs as we know to our benefit.
  • edited November 2012
    Eggy eggy eggy oi oi oi .
    Eggy oi
    Eggy oi
    Eggy eggy eggy oi oi oi .

3 league appearances & 2 cup appearances for Wolves. It doesn't matter, what their fans think.

The Hearts fans will have a more informed opinion.
  • Sponsored links:

• Scoham said:

Disappointed at the lack of egg puns.

As Exiled said lets see how he does for us.

I heard he was cracking.
  • What the hell does it matter what he has done elsewhere????,its what he does with us that matters....still does you all good to moan!
  • Once he comes out of his shell, he'll be a good player.
  • edited November 2012

Just asked a wolves fan what he's like and he said:

He's shite, loves a backwards and sideways pass

The anti Stephens brigade will love him to bits then! Welcome Eggert, you've got a clean slate with me plenty of free range passing is what we need.
  • Sounds crap to me - I'm happy to make a judgement without knowing anything about him.
    How many decent Icelandic players have there been at Charlton ?
  • If the oppo fans are to be believed potentially a bit of a yoke but trust in SCP I say!
  • hope a few on here get egg on their face!!!!!
  • Just spoke to ValleyGary about Hulse Kerm Wilson Jonsson and he said he's the worst player he's ever seen wear the shirt. I'll go with that.
  • My son thought we were signing Andy Johnson :-0
  • Cracking signing, although its interesting that the Wolves fans think he is a bit of a yolk