Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Eggert Jonsson Joins on Loan from Wolves

Comments

• position? Have we agreed to pay his bus fare ?
  • Eggert Gunnþór Jónsson (born 18 August 1988) is an Icelandic international footballer who plays predominantly as a midfielder but is also capable of playing as a centre back or in both full back roles
  • Lovely !!! .. a nice big athletic Icelandic lump of a man .. now who does that remind you of ?
  • 6' 2", before anyone asks
  • I like to think I know my football, but have never heard of him. Either good scouting or a poor loan. We shall see.
  • IdleHans said:

6' 2", before anyone asks

LOL

Not on OS

Yet. : - )

• 2004–2005 Fjarðabyggð 22 (5)
    2005–2012 Heart of Midlothian 134 (8)
    2012– Wolverhampton Wanderers 6 (0)
    National team‡
    2004 Iceland U17 7 (0)
    2005–2007 Iceland U19 12 (2)
    2007–2011 Iceland U21 15 (0)
    2007– Iceland 17 (0)
  • Part of Iceland's golden generation, must be a good player!
  • Very versatile defender who has played in both full back positions,centre back and midfield.
    Joined Wolves from Hearts.
  • Just a thought but if he's not good enough for Wolves why is he good enough for us?
  • Sponsored links:

• Just a thought but if he's not good enough for Wolves why is he good enough for us?

Perhaps they dont have an injury crisis and we do

• 6 2" apparently
  • Doesn't matter what position he plays, that has no relevence as to where Powelly will play him :-)
  • I would expect him to play CM instead of Dervite.
  • Yeah but Wolves are not exactly breaking windows with their first team in the division are they? tells me there peripheral players are not that good.
  • IdleHans said:

Just a thought but if he's not good enough for Wolves why is he good enough for us?

Perhaps they dont have an injury crisis and we do

Perhaps they have a Premier League squad and we don't?
  • edited November 2012
    ooo oooo ostergard

one of the two "Danish Internationals" we signed a good few years back. Vigo Jacobson was the other. Pity the headline didnt tell us at the time he was an ICE HOCKEY international !! and you complainnow about lack of info
  • Wolves' first team is much stronger than ours', the table shows that. That's why he's not in their plans but might be in ours - pretty self explanatory IMO.
  • Only 28 day loan again. Bit of a surprise on this one as I thought we didn't need the short term cover here. It would make more sense for a longer term loan, as we have Hollands on the bench (although he sounds a slightly better quality player) already. Are there some further injuries we aren't privy to?
  • Sponsored links:

• 6"2 apparently
  • After the bad luck we have with injurys, we need back up. If he is any good or not, I guess we will find out 28 days later...
  • A wolves fan has described as the worst player he has ever, ever seen.
  • think Hollands will be off in Jan.

Frank 'Leaburn' Nouble hasn't made an appearance yet then?

EVERY player we sign seems to be described by someone on his home club site as 'the worst he's ever seen' .. check out 'cognitive disonance'

back to the seaside I hear

back to the seaside I hear

Yep, shame i really liked him and thought he would make the jump to the championship.
  • Eggy. Decent player, he'll do a job for us.
  • cafctom said:

Wolves' first team is much stronger than ours', the table shows that. That's why he's not in their plans but might be in ours - pretty self explanatory IMO.

yep they're all of 13th compared to our 19th