Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Tony Jiminez; the case for the defence

Comments

• Options
    edited October 2012
    Nothing new here imagined or otherwise as far as i can see, football is always full of rumour and bound to be two sides to every story
  • Options
    Great read Prague, and nice to inject some balance. One observation though would be that failing to inject funds would cost him more than doing so, as would relegation (which would probably follow a failure to hold onto players if you can't afford to strengthen having fallen out with your backer). But then I doubt you think it's about altruism.
  • Options

Most bonkers thread I have ever read on here.

I've gotta agree.

It's gone from people worrying about something thats goin on we have no facts about, to people's minds being put at rest by an imaginary conversation lol
    I also totally agree. I had to read it twice at lunch to make sure I was actually reading what I thought it was.

On a serious note I do think the admin's ought to be careful with this cos I'm obviously not hot on libel law but I suspect this could be dangerously close to crossing the line.

Alternatively we could appoint various forum users to play the roles of our dwindling directors and act out fake board meetings ;P

• Options
    You are spot on Prague.

People guess and speculate then actually believe it themselves.

This present board are here purely for business and we are enjoying the recent success they have bought to the club.

Long may it continue and maybe silence the fools that criticise.
  • Options
    Yes, great work Prague.
  • Options
    mickc said:

You are spot on Prague.

This present board are here purely for business and we are enjoying the recent success they have bought to the club.

I think you may have missed the point that PAs post was a fiction made up by him that you are now believing.

You couldn't make it up. Well actually PA has.
  • Options
    I imagine TJ sounding like Rocky while he says that!
  • Options

mickc said:

You are spot on Prague.

I think you may have missed the point that PAs post was a fiction made up by him that you are now believing.

Why then would he say he's spoken to someone who does know TJ ?

Who's the fall guy here ? You or me..?

• Options
    Whether he has or hasn't Henry, it pretty much hits the nail on the head. If you want to put up a post which is meant to be ironic, you probably need to make sure that the elements of truth in it aren't quite so strong!

:-/
  • Options
    My point entirely, Tel.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

mickc said:

You are spot on Prague.

Knows him how?

• Options
    I rest my case. The irony is painful.
  • Options
    Great post Prague.
  • Options

mickc said:

You are spot on Prague.

Knows him how?

That's for Prague to answer, not me !

• Options
    Surely it would have been alot less confusing and easier to just list the reasons for people to support TJ?
  • Options

I rest my case. The irony is painful.

Not sure you have a case Henry! I love a bit of irony, use it enough myself, but think your pain may be coming from elsewhere!!
  • Options
    the 'someone he spoke to' lurks on here so I reckon we are looking at RM, PV, SK or maybe someone like David White, people who have had/have dealings with TJ. Not gonna be Henry or Rick, in my opinion.
  • Options
    This is the best "I'm gullible" thread I've ever read.
  • Options

the 'someone he spoke to' lurks on here so I reckon we are looking at RM, PV, SK or maybe someone like David White, people who have had/have dealings with TJ. Not gonna be Henry or Rick, in my opinion.

Speculating on speculators!
  • Options
    I despair for the population.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I've been a ponderin' as well. It can't be PV or SK cos they wouldn't like the message. Doesn't quite add up for RM unless he's looking to earn some brownie points from someone else who I don't know either, oh to hell with all this smoke and mirrors stuff, doesn't bring Rick back does it, or PV or SK? The benevolent owners haven't seen fit to thank them for their work or even sack them in a decent manner, so much for Lurkio and The Mysterons. I'm hoping for a good game tomorrow and I'm going to sing my heart out.
  • Options
    edited October 2012
    ???????????

• Options
    Turns out the little speccy lad at hog warts was all made up too. I'd been telling everyone that was a documentary. Thought it was funny, a ginger having two mates.
  • Options

Interesting and valid take on things although it is all "pure speculation" of the type derided when Prague puts the other side of things : - )

And I'm really struggling to work out PAs source as well. Surely as the argument was that as PA only had "old" contacts or none at all this can also be dismissed as "comfort blanket moaning".

What is a shame is that if TJ or even Slater had been half as open and honest (see the reference to the Palace board) as this "fictional" account then he would been given a lot more credit and praise and deservedly so.

However he and MS chose from the start to play every card close to their chest even when there was no need to. If only they had kept that PR man they paraded at the takeover around.

If only we'd kept hold of the VIP director role...
  • Options
    Brilliantly done and probably not far off the truth either would be my guess.

However, this isn't about good guys and bad guys and nobody ever said that TJ and his pals are God-fearing Christians. It's about money and, specifically, about funding the Club's ongoing operating loss/cash flow deficit which is probably running in the £5-10m pa range, before accounting jiggery pokery and transfer activity.

That's big money and it's very clear that something went wrong in the summer, perhaps very wrong. We need to hope TJ has fixed that because if not we're in deep .... I can't see much point in vilifying the man the Club's immediate prospects and perhaps even longer-term future are dependent on.

The good news is that TJ's interests, at least right now, are entirely aligned with those of most fans. He needs success on the field and, ultimately, promotion to the EPL if his investment (or that of his backers) is to be worth zip. Also, we don't need to worry about Baton (I assume that's where the League share is) being leveraged because no Bank is going to lend the Club a bean. All funding needs to be cash equity and that's good.

The risk, of course, is that TJ is spinning plates and that, eventually, he runs out of steam. We have to hope there's some real money involved and hence some sustainability. If TJ gives up then, unlike Richard Murray, he won't risk all to save the Club. He'll simply walk away. We all need to understand that owning a Club like Charlton is more of a liability than an asset. If TJ wants the crowd to sing his name, perhaps we should!!!

By the way, I was struck by the observation about TJ's relationship with SCP. It's understandable that Powell wants to be empowered, but if he were refusing to discuss things with Jimenez or throwing his toys out of the pram when money isn't available, then that's unacceptable I'm afraid, whether he's a Knight of the Realm or Jose Mourinho. I hope it's not true.

• Options
    edited October 2012
    Where's all this stuff re SCP refusing to talk to TJ or throwing his toys out of the window emerging from? It just gets more curious and more suspicious to be honest. We know CP and we know his history. I can see SCP losing his rag, we've seen it for ourselves when he engages the 4th officials, but he just strikes me as the consummate gentleman. He'll calm down and apologise. With TJ, we know we have a man of very different colours and his history hardly inspires. IF CP is refusing to talk to TJ, I'll wager there's a pretty good reason or reasons. Maybe an experienced intermediary would prove useful, someone who has a history of meeting up with and discussing with managers, RM comes to mind for some odd reason.
  • Options
    edited October 2012
  • Options
    edited October 2012
  • Options
    Come on everyone knows this will be Richard Murray briefing Prague he has done for years, at least we know he agrees with Ricks sacking.
  • Options
    TJ and the board spend some money in january or we might go down.