Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The week that was - 5th March 1983 Charlton 5 Chelsea 2

13»

Comments

• Options
    edited October 2020
    As silly songs go Chelsea must lead the way.

One man went to mow, and the celery one. F****** idiots.
  • Options
    If someone wants to take my video of the Bolton v Charlton 4-1 game in 1983 I think and tidy it up they'd be most welcome. One down on last day of the season before Killer saved us with a brace. Further goals from Gritt and Harris. 
    I would love to see this. I sat in the West stand in front of the directors box and I got Mark Hulyer to sign my programme after the game. He was punching the air at full time and looked mightily relieved.
    Do you remember the Bolton fans dancing at the foot of the West Stand when Moore put them ahead?

They got dogs abuse thereafter. We were standing on that little terracing between the West and the Covered end. Great memories. 
    I don't remember that, but do remember thinking that given the magnitude of the game they had a poor turnout.
  • Options
    Remember it well 👍
  • Options
    joeaddick said:
    I've had the full 90 mins of this game on video since 1983...The information on this thread, with goalscorers/times of goals motivated me to dig through my old videos, and edit it down to highlights.

Enjoy...👍

https://youtu.be/JScdfP-xw6I
    @joeaddick you absolute hero.
  • Options
    801912601 said:
    This was the only home game I missed that season - I Got married at 3.00 that day!! Still married now & have two devoted charlton supporting daughters to be proud of
    I trust they appreciate the sacrifice you made on the way to bringing them into this world.
  • Options
    cafcreds said:

It always makes me shake my head and smile when I read things about Simmo playing for us.
    For today's comparison it would be like Gareth Bale putting on the Red shirt!
    Amazing stuff, htf did he sign for us?!
  • Options
    @joeaddick

Been meaning to say for ages huge thanks for posting the video up.

Been waiting 37 years to see those goals and never thought I would! (Surprisingly, had never seen them anywhere before). Simonsen's first goal was brilliant but maybe not as good as I remembered as I thought he had ran from the half way line and beat about 6 players before scoring!
  • Options
    Still living in London at the time but was playing Saturdays and never saw this. Brilliant. Thank you.
  • Options
    Just 40 years ago this week.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Jesus, 40 years ago. What a game that was.
  • Options
    edited March 2023
    I was definitely there that day because I collected Chelsea goalkeeper Steve Francis' autograph at the players entrance with the greeting "do you know, I've got the same name as you!" And, yes, it was as embarrassing at the time as it sounds writing it here. Mr Francis just shrugged and walked on. Not my finest moment! Lol
  • Options
    cafcreds said:

• Options
    Badger said:
    Think we finished above chelsea this season(correct me if i'm wrong, not sure) also lost previous game we lost at BURNLEY 7-1, we had 2 players sent off but i can't remember both. I think hales for 2 bookings. Johns was in goal.
    2-1 at HT wasn't it.....game at Burnley.
  • Options
    edited March 2023
    Badger said:
    Think we finished above chelsea this season(correct me if i'm wrong, not sure) also lost previous game we lost at BURNLEY 7-1, we had 2 players sent off but i can't remember both. I think hales for 2 bookings. Johns was in goal.
    Think it was Aizlewood and Hales who got sent off. Sure I was at Welling that day asking the guys with radios how we were doing, things certainly nosedived in the second half. A mate had the misfortune to work with a Burnley fan, came into work on Monday to find a can of 7up on his desk.
  • Options
    Burnley got relegated that season. I went to their last game at Crystal Palace (played on the Tuesday after everyone else had finished). Palace stayed up with a 1-0 win. 22,000 att that night. 
  • Options
    Badger said:
    Think it was Aizlewood and Hales who got sent off. Sure I was at Welling that day asking the guys with radios how we were doing, things certainly nosedived in the second half. A mate had the misfortune to work with a Burnley fan, came into work on Monday to find a can of 7up on his desk.
    I was up there Dennis got nicked/clipped around the ear hole for telling a copper that his dog stunck......just like the ref. One of those weird things you never forget. Following season we lost 7-0 at the Goldstone ground on the 1st Oct 1983.....it was my 18th a great day out despite the result.