Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

£2bn Paramount Theme park in Kent

Comments

• Options
    DA1DA1
    edited October 2012
    DA9 said:

Butters said:

DA9 said:

DA1 said:

Speaking as someone from Knockhall school, grandad, dad and me born in greenhithe - family all worked at Everards, uncle had the Pier, remeber the Lamb, Challises the bakers, podges paper shop, and played where bluewater is as a kid and it was called "the Ecky" i was gutted when Ingress Park was built.

GET ORF MOI LAND

Didnt stop you living there though fella did it :-)

Must be a dodgy area with you two living there ;-)

It was until DA1 moved out (after the torch burning march on his house)
    LOL - Bloody good it was too. Used to look at the roof of The Abbey out of my front room window thinking "i used to nick the lead off that roof"

As a Greenhithe man through and through it is strange sometimes standing in the Pier and seeing all the newbies and every now and then you spot an old face and just nod at each other in a spooky yokel way.

• Options
    And they let you in at Dartford Grammar?....
  • Options
    edited October 2012
    Meant to be a PM. Oops
  • Options
    Butters said:

And they let you in at Dartford Grammar?....

Yes they did. God knows why.

We obviously know each other mate.Not sure who you are unless i am thick and missed something.
  • Options

The A2 would be less congested if people used it properly. It was widened to 4 lanes but so many use only lanes 3 & 4. You could quite easily overtake all of them in lane 1 at times, however that would be illegal. If more people used the inner lanes the congestion would be reduced.

THIS MAN SPEAKETH THE TRUTH

Drives me absolutely bonkers when I see idiots in lane 3 plodding along at 60

• Options
    The other problem is people who, see that there's a slight bend in the road at the bottom of Pepperhill slam their brakes on, causes tailbacks at Bean as everybody has to do the same to avoid hitting these idiots.
  • Options
    Probably finish off Dreamland at Margate then.
  • Options
    Anyway apart from all the jobs and infrastructure ...
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MPdaPcWyxBc
  • Options
    Badger said:

Probably finish off Dreamland at Margate then.

I think it will make Dreamland even more popular. People visiting this place would normally spend a couple of days in a hotel etc. As Margate is setting itself up as a heritage park, it may well appeal to the visitors taking the short trip down there for the day.
  • Options
    Estuary airport must be nailed on then. Would not want to live in the middle of the two sites.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    This is good news for the people of Kent. Tons of jobs, fingers crossed another Thames crossing. Much better idea than an airport on a marsh
  • Options
    The big thing with an airport going where it's being proposed to go is the volume of birdlife that inhabit the area. I always thought planes and flocks of birds was not good. I've not heard a valid argument against this either.

Expanding Manston would do the trick if a bigger hub is needed in kent
  • Options
    What with Kidbrooke being turned into a "village" and Swanscombe going to be a theme park what next Thamesmead a wild life park ? no silly boy it is already
  • Options
    "Tons of jobs for people in Kent" !!!! where have all you people been for the last decade? tons of jobs for Europe or the latest poor lump of dirt to join up with the United States of Europe probably £4.22 an hour
  • Options
    I get a flutter every time I see the growth of kidnrooke village
  • Options
    Virtual 3D plans have been leaked to the Gravesend Reporter! Amazing!

• Options
    Thought that was the Jills training ground
  • Options
    So do you guys think House prices in Swanscombe will go up or down because of this?
  • Options
    Up
  • Options
    They will go up i'd imagine.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

So do you guys think House prices in Swanscombe will go up or down because of this?

Prices in Dartford and surrounding are already on the up mate. Significantly. The rush from London is on i reckon (ive been predicting it for years incorrectly). We have a train to Paris in 90 minutes, train to the city in 10 minuites, Bluewater, The M25, Dartford town centre is being done up (when they get round to it), this theme park thing and they are even tarting up Gravesend (although you cant put lipstick on a pig).
  • Options

They will prob go up then down then back up again, a bit like the rollercoasters they are going to build.
  • Options
    Prices should go up quite a bit, there'll be a rush of private landlords buying up anything semi decent. They'll be able to get couple hundred or more a night renting to tourists, with a decent wedge renting to all the new staff as a fall back.
  • Options
    Good I'm looking to buy in the next few weeks so would love to make a few bob on a house.
  • Options
    DA1 said:

Prices in Dartford and surrounding are already on the up mate. Significantly. The rush from London is on i reckon (ive been predicting it for years incorrectly). We have a train to Paris in 90 minutes, train to the city in 10 minuites, Bluewater, The M25, Dartford town centre is being done up (when they get round to it), this theme park thing and they are even tarting up Gravesend (although you cant put lipstick on a pig).
    A train into the city in 10 minutes ! Ten minutes. Cobblers.

• Options

DA1 said:

A train into the city in 10 minutes ! Ten minutes. Cobblers.

Ok then 9 minutes.

Ebbsfleet to Stratford

Admittedly its then a 5 minute bus to Liverpool st but it sounded better
  • Options
    Why will they go up? Not saying they won't, I probably don't know enough about this kind of thing, but who would want to live right next to a theme park? It's nice to have one near of course but in the same town? Really?
  • Options
    But there's no way to get from Dartford to Ebbsfleet? You can get the (not very) fast track bus, or you can get the slow/stopping train to Northfleet and then it's a 10 minute walk. Even then it's 15 minutes from Ebbsfleet to St Pancras.

Now from Gravesend it's a lot easier, high speed service direct to St Pancras, 22 minutes.
  • Options
    JaShea99 said:

Why will they go up? Not saying they won't, I probably don't know enough about this kind of thing, but who would want to live right next to a theme park? It's nice to have one near of course but in the same town? Really?

As I said above, private landlords will be interested, which will increase demand in the area, hence causing prices to rise.

• Options
    My new house in Holborough Lakes (Snodland) will hopefully go up as it's only down the road.

I plan to rent it to fat americans for a couple of grand a week in the summer period