Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Michael Slater beaten by spanish police @ madrid city game the other week

Comments

• Was in court the day of palace I think
  • Just proves anyone can be in wrong place at the wrong time!
  • Was in court the day of palace I think

thats taken ages

• a bit like running Cadbury .. but you really prefer to eat Thornton's chocolate

if you mean Thorntons over Cadburys you have to be kidding me , only Cadburys allowed in this house !!
    OooAah, that well known fan of all things Chocolate....
  • gotta be honest though, sometimes i go out and see pissed up blokes taking libertys with our OB and i think a slap or a baton round the legs wouldnt go a miss.
  • gotta be honest though, sometimes i go out and see pissed up blokes taking libertys with our OB and i think a slap or a baton round the legs wouldnt go a miss.

I see this as well, I have been to Spain many times and never had any problems with the police, I lived their for a while as well and no problems at all but then again I am the sort to keep my mouth shout instead of confronting the Police by singing songs and giving it large.

I see this as well, I have been to Spain many times and never had any problems with the police, I lived their for a while as well and no problems at all but then again I am the sort to keep my mouth shout instead of confronting the Police by singing songs and giving it large.

Yeah because Michael slater is so vocal and aggressive

Anyone who has been to England abroad will vouch that you don't need to do anything to get a slap

Yeah because Michael slater is so vocal and aggressive

Anyone who has been to England abroad will vouch that you don't need to do anything to get a slap

He was just in the wrong place, it is always best to avoid trouble abroad that is just common sense. Also the police don't just walk around slapping everyone!
  • We was in a hotel bar in Italy for the Footie a group of 20 to 30 england fans the equivilant sized hotel to a premier inn

Men women and children in this 30 from all over the country on official supporters club travel and tickets

Italian OB walk in speak to the bar man he starts to protest and telling people to leave the bar within a matter of mins more OB and bang just hitting people leaving the bar area and into the foyer

We were nicked sent home and didn't get to see the Footie

So yes they do Fact
  • tbf though nla, as much as they are dogs sometimes, it does look like there has already been a few incidents in that footage and Slater is saying something/leaning towards the copper. He's not exactly NF, just be sensible and walk away when it kicks off.
  • Sponsored links:

• tbf though nla, as much as they are dogs sometimes, it does look like there has already been a few incidents in that footage and Slater is saying something/leaning towards the copper. He's not exactly NF, just be sensible and walk away when it kicks off.

This why confront the police? When I was living in Spain a few people I knew got into this fight and loads of police turned up one set of lads just walked away didn't say anything and let it be, the people I knew continued to try and get to the people and question why the police hadn't arrested anyone they got battered. Not ideal but if they left it no more would have happened. NLA you may have had one bad experience with England but in all my time of being abroad I have never seen someone getting attacked for no reason(part from China). Also from my travels the one thing foreign police abousltely hate is pissed up English people shouting and screaming.
  • He did look like he went down easy, do you think he had the wrong studs in?
  • Was sitting queitly having few beers just bit of banter between ourselves we was rounded up bundled in a van driven 10 or so miles away and just dropped off so we had no way of getting back before game the police wernt aggresive just didnt want us near the bars they just dont know how to handle visting fans.
    Now wont go abroad to watch!
    Well not untill charlton play champions league!
  • Football abroad OB are a different breed altogether than at any other time I have been abroad

• Football abroad OB are a different breed altogether than at any other time I have been abroad

Of course they are, it's like police in this country towards Milwall fans. It wasn't long ago we were abroad causing trouble, I doubt the police have forgotten what English clubs were like during the 70's and 80's. Also with the Italian police after Heysel I doubt they have a fan club over their.
  • I'm sympathetic for what happened to him and I really don't care that he supports someone else, but I'm quite pissed off that it's been posted as an article on our official site.
  • Why shouldn't it be on our website? It's doing the rounds on media websites, so it would be a bit odd if we didn't comment on it and at least acknowledge that it was happening.

If you look at the website now, it's not even on the front page. But at least the effort has been made to confirm what happened.
  • because however terrible the situation was for HIM its nothing to do with Charlton
  • does it really matter? its just a bit of writing on a website. hardly handing out leaflets are they.
  • Minutes silence at the next game I heard
  • Sponsored links:

• Why ? Has he changed clubs again & supports Liverpool now?
  • nolly said:

because however terrible the situation was for HIM its nothing to do with Charlton

He's the Charlton chairman, and it is being reported in the press as the "Charlton chairman", not just Michael Slater "Manchester City supporter".

It has become a news story linked to our club, I don't really know why that doesn't make sense to some people.
  • Whatever happened to the fellas who got raided/pulled in for questioning early morning with SK? and SKY cameras in tow was it for singing the Lisbie song ? Did they get nicked or not

All in court last week after being charged mid september after 9 months. Will go to trial next year and they was told it could be as late as next september.

• what a charade
  • cheers SE9 thats unreal
  • SE9 said:

Whatever happened to the fellas who got raided/pulled in for questioning early morning with SK? and SKY cameras in tow was it for singing the Lisbie song ? Did they get nicked or not

All in court last week after being charged mid september after 9 months. Will go to trial next year and they was told it could be as late as next september.

Isn't that almost two years after the event ?
  • Fulham was Jan just gone.
  • Of course this has something to do with our club. Some people love getting their knickers in a twist sometimes.
  • cafctom said:

nolly said:

because however terrible the situation was for HIM its nothing to do with Charlton

He's the Charlton chairman, and it is being reported in the press as the "Charlton chairman", not just Michael Slater "Manchester City supporter".

It has become a news story linked to our club, I don't really know why that doesn't make sense to some people.
    Spot on.

I would find it a bit embarassing if everyone else was reporting the Charlton chairman got clouted by Spanish police thugs and we just tried to sweep it under the carpet.

There is no doubt people at Charlton have been affected by strong handed police/security at football and the fact that this Spanish lot have smacked someone involved within the game rather than someone they thought was a 'drunken Northern Englander' makes a feel good factor that this complaint (and all the others from City fans) won't get ignored by the FA.

• cheers SE9 thats unreal

As are their bail conditions!

Isn't that almost two years after the event ?

It will be over a year and more close to a year and a half when they go to trial.