Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Michael Slater beaten by spanish police @ madrid city game the other week

Comments

• That's why old people aren't welcome at away games.
  • cafctom said:

So you have the support a club to be the chairman now?

And for those speculating - he was at the game last night.

It helps, and City weren't playing last night.

I honestly don't think it makes a great deal of difference. Being a supporter or not being a supporter doesn't necessarily equate to how good somebody's business acumen is.

All it does is stop the supporters being cynical about their every move. The bloke's been knocked to the ground by police on the video, is clearly hurt, and I get the sense from SOME posts that all they care about is what pocksy clothes he is wearing and what club business he was on.

Pretty selfish IMO.
  • I saw it last week but didn't recognise the guy as being Slater.
    Plaaayer said:

Poxy

Tsk, some people.
  • Didn't realise it was him as he didn't have his Charlton tie on.
  • LenGlover said:

I told you we are Millwall lite even the Chairman's at it :-)

In all seriousness a dreadful thing to happen and I suggest the Spanish licensed thugs police have picked on the wrong man this time.

I agree with you Len. I am not sure what to make of Michael Slater, and I know some people who'd like to lump him, but if he's ready to speak up and testify, I can only applaud him for that. A lot of people in his situation might skulk away. We all benefit if he uses his status to kick up a fuss. Who amongst us hasn't been treated like, at the least, a second class citizen, for no better reason than that we want to watch some football?

• edited October 2012

Are you dropping a hint there AFKA, have you had a whisper our new owners are from the middle east?

President Ahmadinejad was in the Bugle last night. Probably just a coincidence.
  • Uboat said:

Are you dropping a hint there AFKA, have you had a whisper our new owners are from the middle east?

President Ahmadinejad was in the Bugle last night. Probably just a coincidence.
    Is he doing the refurb?
  • Slater lad
  • Sponsored links:

• he runs the Ahmadinejad Building Contractors (Shooters Hill) Ltd firm.
  • Greenie said:

He went down quicker than Kat Slater.

You saying Kat Slater's a whore?
    Beckboy said:

Slater will sue the Spanish police for millions and invest it in charlton and the squad what a master stroke ;-))

Pesetas?

• Feel for the guy, but it still really rankles with me that our Chairman supports City (or any other club, come to that). I want him to LOVE Charlton and care only about us - even if he follows City on tv etc. Richard Murray wasn't a perfect Chairman but at least we knew he had Charlton running through his veins.

• He supported Wolves when we came to us didn't he?
  • Plaaayer said:

He supported Wolves when we came to us didn't he?

First I've heard of that. Can you trust no-one? Bastard! :-)
  • That was a heck of a clump.
  • Plaaayer said:

He supported Wolves when we came to us didn't he?

'tis true

• Always thought if you cut Murray, he would bleed red. Like proper charlton

:D
  • As long as there is money and its not Palace, dont care who they support
  • Sponsored links:

• Well Ronaldo is not happy in Madrid, maybe three months on loan at our place will show him that he's quite well off at the moment.
  • Have you seen the full video. Way over the top. Not ver nice. BUT in amongst all of this brutality is a little peach. Take note of young Caleb from about .46 seconds.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rp8H0c-L__A&feature=player_embedded
  • lol at the kid gettin dragged by his neck. great spot.
  • LOL, reckon he got a crack over the head of his own.
  • Extended footage on other sites, you never would have guessed he was a lawyer, as after the event laid in the middle of the road as if he had been hit by a ten ton lorry after initially going to get up.
    No doubt the "Business Trip" was put on the company expenses..claim the VAT back.
  • what i thought he looked fine when he was floored? suss
  • Nothing in that video indicates that he tried getting back up.

I wonder if this had been Richard Murray following a Wolves game whether there would be such cynicism?
  • edited October 2012
    Have a look at the You Tube footage, once someone comes over he has a little siesta. There were some poor blokes getting proper battered by the Spanish Police.
  • I think what the old bill done was disgusting no disputing that Tom
  • there was no such trouble at derby that night