Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Michael Slater beaten by spanish police @ madrid city game the other week

Comments

• he was on tag
  • that sort of footage is exactly why i wouldn't follow england away, too much agg

but i'd have to go if it was charlton

get well soon Slater
  • The Spanish police are pretty brutal - I was in Barcelona just after they won the Copa del Roy and the police simply laid into a bunch of celebrating fans in the square at the top of Las Ramblas. The fans were a bit OTT but didn't need being batoned.
  • He's gone proper nawty since coming to london..................
  • Watching the footage again he could have been badly hurt maybee gone down n bashed his head no need for it .hope he takes this further.?
  • Yes, well out of order those police. As for Slater, I think he should have known better than to have been confrontational enough to have got himself pushed to the ground like that. Doesn't condone the police action though. Like I said, out of order by them.
  • Where the feck are Liam and Noel when you want them. They could do with a slap!

Seriously, why do any English fans travel these days. Police are still in the dark ages out there. Hope Slater's ok now.
  • Most of the european police are scumbags and are like a different breed to us. Thank god for the police we have in this Country because they are friendly and do their job properly at the same time. The EU wants our police to be like a different breed!

As for Slater, I am glad he is ok but why on earth did he attend a Man City match when we played Derby away that night!
  • I think when you get knocked down/shoved over violentyly your initial instinct is to try to get up but you realise its no good and you're better off having a little rest. His head only came up off the floor just a few inches.

• my mate had a little rest once, thought he had his head on my foot as i was standing over him but it was a pile of police horse sh*t, wish i had it on camera.
  • Sponsored links:

• edited October 2012
    why on earth did he attend a Man City match when we played Derby away that night!

a bit like running Cadbury .. but you really prefer to eat Thornton's chocolate
  • Well TJ looks like he knows some proper nawty boys and has spanish conections

Coincidence that only MS gets a slap

Proof theres trouble at mill

8+}
  • Spanish old bill are plebs. Not like ours...
  • DiscoCAFC said:

Most of the european police are scumbags and are like a different breed to us. Thank god for the police we have in this Country because they are friendly and do their job properly at the same time. The EU wants our police to be like a different breed!

As for Slater, I am glad he is ok but why on earth did he attend a Man City match when we played Derby away that night!

Look I agree with you in your comparison of European police, but to say that is something to do with "the EU" is the most ridiculous thing on this whole thread. You think the Spanish police were like the Brits before they joined the EU???

• I've been a fair few places with England inc some dodgy corrupt eastern European places where you would expect the ob to be like that.

Nowhere comes close to Spain for absolute scum bag filth ob.

When England went to Madrid in 04 it was much worse than that and in the ground too. I'm pretty sure a woman had her leg broke at that game - they will hit ANYONE. Our FA did f**k all, even with witness statements galore, but went to town on the Spanish about the racist abuse in that game (not to play that down) but both were just as important.

They were also bullies in Barcelona when we played Andorra out there.

A very restrained City support there. Some would have gone through the ob there, like Spurs did in Seville the other year, when they bullied the wrong group inside the ground and got literally battered back out by Spurs and when ob behave like that I take pleasure in fans fighting back.

What saddens me is that without the footage most on here would probably assume they got what they deserved, Scummy English fans abroad etc. When in reality this situation happens time and time again.

I hope Slater follows it through - he's lucky he's got the money to, where as Job Blogs has to just deal with it.
  • Really don't understand all this fake outrage about him being at the bernabeu rather than at Derby.

It's no secret he is a big City fan. He's not involved in our playing or coaching staff and therefore has very little effect on an away day in the Championship

If Charlton got the chance to play Real Madrid then I would take a bloody day off too!
  • DiscoCAFC said:

Most of the european police are scumbags and are like a different breed to us. Thank god for the police we have in this Country because they are friendly and do their job properly at the same time. The EU wants our police to be like a different breed!

Look I agree with you in your comparison of European police, but to say that is something to do with "the EU" is the most ridiculous thing on this whole thread. You think the Spanish police were like the Brits before they joined the EU???

Your missing my point Prague, I am not saying the Spanish police is to do with the EU. I am saying the EU wants to change the way we do our policing in this country.
  • Beckboy said:

Slater will sue the Spanish police for millions and invest it in charlton and the squad what a master stroke ;-))

Pesetas?

Way our lucks going proberly :-)))
  • DiscoCAFC said:

DiscoCAFC said:

Your missing my point Prague, I am not saying the Spanish police is to do with the EU. I am saying the EU wants to change the way we do our policing in this country.
    Well I'm not sure exactly what you are referring to. But I presume you support British police chiefs when they pleaded with these idiot Tory MPs who want to do away with the European arrest warrant, to think again, as it was precisely this warrant that allowed them to find and bring home safely the schoolgirl who ran off with the teacher.

• Odd.
    Fella hardly utters a word about whats going on behinds the scenes at this club,but chooses to use it's website to complain about the treatment of other fans of another club.
  • Sponsored links:

• why is it on the website, its nothing to do with Charlton
  • edited October 2012
    Bang on Carly...so he was at football match in Spain watching his team and got a slap off the local plod. what has that got to do with Charlton??
  • It's nice to hear from him !

• a bit like running Cadbury .. but you really prefer to eat Thornton's chocolate

if you mean Thorntons over Cadburys you have to be kidding me , only Cadburys allowed in this house !!
  • Odd.
    Fella hardly utters a word about whats going on behinds the scenes at this club,but chooses to use it's website to complain about the treatment of other fans of another club.

Yep. Gave him brownie points, and just took them back again.

• edited October 2012

Odd.

Good point
  • Yeah, I questioned that when I saw it on the OS. Leaves a bit of a shitty taste in my mouth - as if he's using the CAFC website as a soapbox to further his own agenda; i.e the UEFA complaint.

Yet when it comes to our own fans wanting a statement regarding the actual club itself.. well, there's nothing to be seen!
  • Hope they raid the Spainish old bills gaff in the early hours, that'll taught 'em!
  • Plaaayer said:

Hope they raid the Spainish old bills gaff in the early hours, that'll taught 'em!

With him In tow and a tv crew at 5am

Still think TJ done it

• Whatever happened to the fellas who got raided/pulled in for questioning early morning with SK? and SKY cameras in tow was it for singing the Lisbie song ? Did they get nicked or not