Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

fence decision..

Comments

• Options

How big is your lawn? :)

It'll have to fit the Charlton Life lawn size test.
  • Options
    Oh my god ! Lets get back to the train numbers ! Trellis is for girls , I love that comment.
    We need a song about that, trellis in your garden, you got trellis in your garden, trellis in your garden ! You got trellis in your garden .
  • Options
    There u go
  • Options

there you go

just in time for winter... doh
  • Options
    how it looked before
  • Options
    nice job ..
  • Options
    razil said:

There u go

That bit of trellis certainly lets in a bit more light!
  • Options
    is this sarcasm or rare approval from @off_it ?
  • Options
    Has the missus yet said "Hmmm, thanks love but I think it looked better before....."?

Women, eh?
  • Options
    Glad to see you took my concrete advice - shame about the trellis still you can easily remove that and put in proper panels later.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    was always concrete, am a convert
  • Options
    someone has nicked your trampoline.
  • Options
    Dear Lifers ( and the resident fence expert @razil )

As well as our boiler giving up on Boxing day leaving us with no heating or hot water for the xmas period (and still ongoing), our fence also blew down.

Our neighbours got their fence done last year so we got their guys to quote for us, and although it's one panel less and we need no shrubs/bushes removing, it's come in at £880 (they paid £800!).

So, are there any other recommendations on here for people we can ask to quote us, and do you think it is a reasonable quote - £100 a panel?

would you recommend the concrete base and posts? can we make do with wooden? are there pros and cons and massive price differences?

Thanks in advance!

• Options
    Dear Suzi.

Give CMB Landscapes a call - website http://www.cmblandscapes.com/

Chris is a lifelong Addick.
  • Options
    Have you looked online to see how much the panels are? If so could you order the panels yourself and then find someone to put them up?
  • Options
    Presuming it's on flat land (rather than sloped) and therefore quite straightforward, it's a job that could comfortably be completed by a competent DIYer. Like Curb It says, buy the stuff yourself and find someone who's a bit handy to do it for you.

• Options

Dear Lifers ( and the resident fence expert @razil )

As well as our boiler giving up on Boxing day leaving us with no heating or hot water for the xmas period (and still ongoing), our fence also blew down.

Our neighbours got their fence done last year so we got their guys to quote for us, and although it's one panel less and we need no shrubs/bushes removing, it's come in at £880 (they paid £800!).

So, are there any other recommendations on here for people we can ask to quote us, and do you think it is a reasonable quote - £100 a panel?

would you recommend the concrete base and posts? can we make do with wooden? are there pros and cons and massive price differences?

Thanks in advance!

id advise concrete gravel boards and concrete posts but if you are thinking of moving in a couple of years go for a cheaper option

• Options
    Still time for Survey Monkey ;0)
  • Options
    I've looked on DIY websites, but wouldn't know where to start with what would be the best type to use etc, thought it would be simple to get a quote from who did the other side, but with the new boiler cost, I was shocked at how much the quote was.

Thanks @Peter_G‌ I'll give them a call!
  • Options
    Suzi. Lot of dodgy landscapers and builders out there and fencing can be surprisingly expensive (I refused to play their game and did it myself in the end) so I'd suggest maybe contacting someone off https://buywithconfidence.gov.uk/
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Thanks @bournemouth Addick doesn't seem to be anything in my area on there.

I was tempted to buy our own but apparently it is harder than it looks!!
  • Options
    No idea where you live Suzi, but Kenrix, 27 Wickham Lane, Abbey Wood I've always found helpful. They are stockists and will recommend someone to erect it. 020 8311 2831
  • Options
    I'm in Sidcup - thanks @mistrollingin
  • Options
    whatever you decide .. don't sit on it ((:>)
  • Options
    its not that hard to do suze in all honesty,
  • Options

Thanks @bournemouth Addick doesn't seem to be anything in my area on there.

I was tempted to buy our own but apparently it is harder than it looks!!

I have visions of Dec attempting to put up a fence , brilliant. Get the feeling you'd have done most of it Suze.
  • Options
    £800 seems a lot to me I would deffo shop around
  • Options
    I've moved on, to sheds and garages now..
  • Options

Suzi. Lot of dodgy landscapers and builders out there and fencing can be surprisingly expensive (I refused to play their game and did it myself in the end) so I'd suggest maybe contacting someone off https://buywithconfidence.gov.uk/

It hasn't been a "windy winter" (yet ) so panel costs should be reasonable - we paid a fortune to have an 'arris rail and feather board one built last year.
  • Options

apparently it is harder than it looks!!

Filth