Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

30 year old maths teacher runs off with 15 year old pupil

Comments

• Options

With his abuse of trust, unlawful sex with a minor, I'd say 4 years, serve two, banned for life with working for kids and a spell on the sex offenders register.
    Of course if she denies any kind of sexual contact, different story. He will go down though. </

You are assuming that there has been some sort of sexual contact, there may have or there may not have.

• Options
    Some remarks on here are a bit strong for my taste. Anyway there have also been cases where the student has been a 15 year old boy, and the teacher a grown woman. Equality suggests that would be viewed by society in exactly the same way, but somehow I think the perspective would be different.
  • Options
    I would see it the same if my 15 yr old son went off with a 30 yr old woman

There is no need for it other than to have sex with a minor

Will never be convinced any other way
  • Options
    seth plum said:

Some remarks on here are a bit strong for my taste. Anyway there have also been cases where the student has been a 15 year old boy, and the teacher a grown woman. Equality suggests that would be viewed by society in exactly the same way, but somehow I think the perspective would be different.

Very true. There's a South Park episode on this topic.

• Options

seth plum said:

Very true. There's a South Park episode on this topic.

Niiccceeee.
  • Options
    Yes. Some of the comments on here are a bit strong. Don't condone what he's done and he has certainly ruined his life (and possibly hers). As others have said, if he had waited until she was 16 nobody could have done anything about it and it probably would have just blown over.
  • Options
    edited September 2012
    seth plum said:

Actually it is the case. A friend of mine is a headmaster in the midlands and a female teacher had an affair with a student and she did time. Wasn't there also recently a case of a female teacher having an affair with a female pupil and she too spent time in jail?

@Rob if she had been 16 it would not have blown over as he would still be committing a criminal offence, because of his position as a teacher.

@legaladdick if she denied sexual relations could the "authorities" make her take a physical examination? Of course, I suppose that would not necessarily prove his involvement just whether she was a virgin or not.

• Options
    edited September 2012
    MattD said:

If he cared for her, he wouldn't have done what he did. He is a selfish peado, exploiting his position. He may believe or try to convince himself he loves her, but you wouldn't do that to somebody you love. It is obvious that a 15 year old girl isn't mature enough for that sort of relationship.

But what makes a 16 year old any more ready to make that call
    I would agree, a 16 year old girl isn't. What you cant discount in this is that this man was her teacher and should have been teaching her maths not seducing her. He abused his position which gave him the opportunity.
  • Options
    @LargeAddick - Yes, I make an assumption that there has been sexual contact because I'm not naive enough to be believe that their 'relationship' is platonic. I'm pretty certain they haven't gone to France on an educational field trip.
  • Options
    PL54 said:

its from the film McVicer (might have been sex case hang him hang him etc)

Wasn't it from Scum ?
    No McVicar. Breakfast Cody.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    What's all this wait till she was 16 nonsense

So you would let your 16 yr old daughter have a relationship with a 30 yr old man

Tell you what I wouldn't if a 30 yr old man went near my 16 yr old daughter it would be me that went to jail and I would go safe in the knowledge that the dirty Bstd at minimum would never walk or talk again
  • Options
    Kap10 said:

seth plum said:

Actually it is the case. A friend of mine is a headmaster in the midlands and a female teacher had an affair with a student and she did time. Wasn't there also recently a case of a female teacher having an affair with a female pupil and she too spent time in jail?

@Rob if she had been 16 it would not have blown over as he would still be committing a criminal offence, because of his position as a teacher.

@legaladdick if she denied sexual relations could the "authorities" make her take a physical examination? Of course, I suppose that would not necessarily prove his involvement just whether she was a virgin or not.

I don't think the authorities could make her undergo a physical examination against her will. In fact, I'm not even sure they should be able to.
  • Options
    Soooo in the uk we call him all kind of names and want to lock him up, but in France it is acceptable?

Have I got that right?
  • Options
    What about a 20 year old shagging a 16 year old?

Would you still string him up/make sure he never walked/talked again, NLA?
  • Options

What about a 20 year old shagging a 16 year old?

Would you still string him up/make sure he never walked/talked again, NLA?

Big difference between that and her 30 year old teacher.
  • Options
    Tragic scenario for all concerned. What possessed him I will never understand. It's not like they were ever going to be able to make a go of it. He's done wrong and fecked up his entire life.
  • Options
    Have a 15 year old daughter. This thread is not comfortable reading. On the one hand I'd want to string the teacher up but mainly I'd put that anger aside because I'd be worried about my daughter returning safely.
  • Options
    @DaveMehmet

Sooooo... String up a 30 year old, but not a 20 year old?

What about 25?
  • Options

@DaveMehmet

Sooooo... String up a 30 year old, but not a 20 year old?

What about 25?

It's not just a question of age though, is it ? A position of trust has been abused.
  • Options
    Agreed

I was more talking more in reference to NLA's comments.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

What's all this wait till she was 16 nonsense

So you would let your 16 yr old daughter have a relationship with a 30 yr old man

Tell you what I wouldn't if a 30 yr old man went near my 16 yr old daughter it would be me that went to jail and I would go safe in the knowledge that the dirty Bstd at minimum would never walk or talk again

• Options
    If a 20 yr old goes near my daughter when she is 16 yep he too is screwed stu

What can a 16 yr old girl have in common with a 20 yr old man

Might just be me but when I was 20 I wernt interested in little girls and at 16 girls physically maybe mature looking but they still are little girls in their swede

I was more interested in the 20 plus bar maid

Once my daughter is 18/20 a man who is ten yrs older wont be a problem as she will be a grown woman and able to make her own choices

Up until then you better be her age or a yr either side max or unfortunately I will not put up with it
  • Options
    Fair enough

I think I'd feel about the same if I had a 16 year old daughter

How about Romeo and Juliet at 13/14?
    You ok with that because they were same age?
  • Options
    I would be ok with them dating but very very very para that it would go further but no younger than that for boys to be near my daughter and I would tell my son the same thing

No need for their head to be filled with boyfriend and girlfriend nonsense befor then and ideally not until 16 or 17
  • Options
    In answer to SE9Addick, no she cannot be forced to take a medical examination. She will be treated as a victim and any forced medical would constitute an assault on her.
  • Options
    I like to think I'm broadminded and always try to look at the facts and consider extenuating circumstances such as did she come on to him etc etc and I can truthfully say I witnessed the reverse of this situation when I was in school when our English Teacher who was a. very fit and b. married, struck up a relationship with a lad in my class after a school skiing trip abroad - I guess he went off piste!! I cannot honestly remember if he was 15 or bordering on 16 years of age but it would have been very close it was O level year so draw your own conclusions there !! She was certainly late 20's early 30's and as far as I recall they ended up together and have remained so to this day.

Basically this one is a no brainer...the teacher has gone through years of training to reach the position and throughout the training would be the constant thread of moral responsibility they have to conduct themselves with to deliver a safe and trusting environment for our children to be educated in. Irrespective of how this has happened, as the responsible adult in this matter he should have demonstrated restraint or removed himself from the situation.

At the moment it would seem the girl is compliant and apart from the obvious unlawful situation she should be safe Thank God... and even after I think of all the funny double entendres and one liners we can all come up with, I just feel sad for the girl who will ultimately suffer in all this and I feel disappointment for him in that he has certainly destroyed his career and ruined his life / marriage and further scarred an already estranged family.

Find them, punish him and if after all that they stay together then a lesson for others who tread the same path... as everyone else on here has already observed - how stupid when she is so close to being 16
  • Options
    hes a f*ckin nonsey wrongen and will get treated like one when he's banged up.
  • Options
    edited September 2012
    madadd said:

Find them, punish him and if after all that they stay together then a lesson for others who tread the same path... as everyone else on here has already observed - how stupid when she is so close to being 16

Not having a pop at you madadd, but this sums up this type of debate for me, focusing on the legal age rather than taking moral responsibility. What if she's 3 weeks from being 16, would it be ok then? Or more to the point, would she any more emotionally ready for what sex means than she was 3 weeks ago? We can pretend we only deal with 'half your age plus seven' all we like, but that won't explain the comments we make in some of the would yas, or indeed about the Crystals (the youngest of which is 18).

This issue is about something that would still be morally wrong whether she was 14, 15, 16 or 17 - the age of the girl makes little difference to her maturity or his obligations, and only really serves to introduce the legal element into it - oh, and of course spark the usual 'paedo' stampede. It's got nothing to do with paedophilia, and to be frank some of us need to watch a bit more Chris Morris.
  • Options
    edited September 2012
  • Options
    I just hope & pray it doesn't end in a suicide pact .. these cases are never as simple as they appear .. e. g. he's a dirty scumbag, she's an innocent sweet little thing .. I am sure this situation is far more complicated than that.