Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Cedric Evina

edited September 2012 in General Charlton
Anyone seen his recent tweet??

@cevina3: I don't say this often but wow I am actually fucking pissed off!!! Someone shoot me now please

Comments

• Options
    Is he going to Celtic then?
  • Options
    Not good. I understand his frustration, but not a great move on his part.
  • Options
    Edited!
  • Options
    Well done mate , do you think we're going to bring someone in over the weekend? might be worth him editing / removing his post , club will go mental.
  • Options
    Its obviously about him not playing tomorrow and matthew briggs has probably completed his loan transfer, I do feel sorry for him but obviously chris powell thinks he isn't good enough for the championship
  • Options
    Can see why he's upset. However, if we were mid table it may be worth a gamble but we can afford to get it wrong at the moment.
  • Options
    Can see Evina moving on if he's that unhappy , bet his agents got something lined up already.
  • Options
    Am assuming Briggs has signed??
  • Options
    knickers in a twist over not being picked. undermining management is often a cry of come and get me or get rid of me please as i'm only going to be a negative impact on your already low on confidence squad. man up. i worked 60 hours this week for 300 quid so he gets no sympathy.
  • Options
    don't blame him, travelled up and down the country last season with the squad, not even making the bench most of the time.

All of a sudden, albeit at wiggins expense, a window of opportunity opens up for him to become our regular left back, but doesn't get a chance.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Am assuming Briggs has signed??

Nope

• Options
    You might want to ask for a pay rise dave.....
  • Options

don't blame him, travelled up and down the country last season with the squad, not even making the bench most of the time.

All of a sudden, albeit at wiggins expense, a window of opportunity opens up for him to become our regular left back, but doesn't get a chance.

Spot on , but he doesn't need to go public in that way , doesn't reflect well on the club.

• Options
    Is this genuine or a piss-take? For one reason or another I've actually never seen Evina in the flesh. I missed the Rochdale experience last year as I was away on business. I can't therefore pass an opinion but its clear that. for whatever reason, CP just doesn't rate the guy. I'm inclined to think that he should know a left back when he sees one! If Briggs is a better option and CP is getting tough then that's fine by me. Sorry Cedric. Understand your frustration mate, but time to go methinks. Time now to get tough with Pritch, Hollands................
  • Options
    Totally understand his frustration but not the smartest move on his part
  • Options
    could be pissed off at anything, but putting 2 and 2 together i would be pissed off as well.
  • Options

i didn't get picked for charlton either this weekend because i'm no where near good enough. cp thinks evina is good enough for the bench. this is football and if you don't picked you get on with it. as far as we know he could of been shocking in training all season with a bad attitude. i trust powell.
  • Options
    Can't blame him either, we are playing a player out of position when he is a natural left back who has been waiting over a season for his opportunity, the rare occasion he has played he has looked good I thought, poor of the club to leave him hanging thinking he will get an opportunity when wiggins gets a knock. Then again maybe we are jumping to conclusions and he might be pissed off about something in his personal life, I doubt it though. Play evina, solly and Wilson do not look comfortable at left back
  • Options

You might want to ask for a pay rise dave.....

if you could lend us £34 it would help. ipswich trip killed me. 8-)
  • Options
    dave85 said:

i didn't get picked for charlton either this weekend because i'm no where near good enough. cp thinks evina is good enough for the bench. this is football and if you don't picked you get on with it. as far as we know he could of been shocking in training all season with a bad attitude. i trust powell.
    Well then Powell should have the decency to tell Evina that he doesn't think he's good enough and that he should move on because its unlikely he'll have a future here.
    Otherwise it just seems Powell holding back Evina's career so that he can have cover at lb if there is some sort of sudden injury crises.

Why keep him if you don't want him to play? Let him move on.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

dave85 said:

Well then Powell should have the decency to tell Evina that he doesn't think he's good enough and that he should move on because its unlikely he'll have a future here.
    Otherwise it just seems Powell holding back Evina's career so that he can have cover at lb if there is some sort of sudden injury crises.

Why keep him if you don't want him to play? Let him move on.

maybe powell feels he's still developing. maybe he will get his chance. he's 20 i think and has a year left on his contract. imo he should listen to whats being said and do his best to improve. we don't know why he gets left out. if solly or wilson get a knock then who could be in.
  • Options
    A frustrated lad by all accounts and can't blame him really, though his mentors/agent (whatever) ought to have a quiet helpful word, as this sort of outburst with expletives can only do more harm than good for him. He needs to get his head down, learn from the master in training (SCP - not Wiggins (though he's decent)) and steadily develop.
  • Options
    are we all sure its defiantly about football?
  • Options
    this is really tough on evina. i like evina a lot and i know he does get along really well with the team
  • Options

To be honest, no mate. I've just assumed it is, i'll probably look an idiot now when he starts tomorrow..
  • Options

I'm not convinced he's good enough but I'm on his side with this one and don't blame him. It seems Chris doesn't think he's good enough, and as he appears to be only slightly ahead of slater for the lb position we may as well give him the chance to leave.
    If Chris thinks he's one for the future then he needs to make that clear to him, but I'm not convinced that's the case.
  • Options
    This Briggs better be good then. Really Hard on Ceddy but in Powell we trust.
  • Options
    Unless he's been told he will play in the future when he improves.
  • Options
    As I said on another thread, CP knows hios best team, with three defeats in a row behind him he needs to do something to stop the rot and if he does not think Evina is up to it then he is right to leave him out. However, he needs to woerk with Evina either to get him loan experience so he can step up or let him go so he can pursue his career elsewhere.

I can fully understand the tweet, I have had a similar experience when I told my boss a few uncensored home truths in the heat of the moment.

We often complain that players are not committed to the cause, well it looks like Evina is and I would rather this reaction than, "Ho hum, gonna have a great Saturday in Bliuewater."
  • Options

C'mon, you should know by know that it's the unofficial Charlton Life view that facts are overated.