Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton v Hull Post Match News, Views & Opinions

123457»

Comments

• Options
    We are a team that has come up from League One with the same team that got us here and I think Powell trusted his players to get him a point or snatch a win near the end. He knows his players better than anyone so he knew what he was doing. We were carved open a few times in the 2nd half but to fix that you bring on another defender and take off an attacking option which inevitably invites more pressure. Definitely a game of 2 halves, Ours in the first and theirs in the second. Overall a well earned point thanks to Hamers instincts who could be an international keeper if he keeps this form up.
  • Options
    Forgot to mention the clever wag who, when the north stand gave it the usual "Oooooo, You're ****" chant when their keeper had a goal kick, replaced the last word with WET! Made me chuckle.
  • Options

RobbieT said:

Bit disappointed with the draw.Think Chris Powell got it wrong today. Don't know why he employed those tactics but we had no width. Thought Jacko and Pritch were largely anonymous. It was a game I feel we could have won and we should have seen Cook and
    Green, IMHO. But to see no subs at all baffled me. Was the goal offside? I didn't think that it was.

First real game that I've been dissapointed with the manager.
    0-0 going nowhere yet he makes makes absolutely no subs. No wingers on the pitch either so we were unlikely ever to create chances.
    Extremely negative tactics .

hmmm - I wonder where i've heard those comments before ????

I've been a "guest" on here for over 3 years. Not a massive looker at the site but even as a non-member got to know those who's opinion I respected. I read last week (your words) that you were leaving the site. I actually plucked up the courage to join on the back of that. I can't stand negativity.
    Anyway, I don't know you personally but please try and be a bit more positive.

Ok then, if it pleases you, i'll p**s off...............the fact that I've been a member on here for 5 yrs, been a season ticket holder since 1992, and go to over 30 games a season means nothing to a Johnny-come-lately like yourself.

No hold on - why don't I stay & you p**s off !!!!!!!

(sorry admin, but some people just get on your tits)

Now I like golfaddick .... and I like Robbie T ...... But which one is best ?

FIGHT !!!
  • Options
    Was happy with a point, Hamer looks very good. LOL at GOLFIE
  • Options
    That was our first 0-0 result in 89 league games
  • Options
    I listened to the game on BBC Radio Humberside. According to the commentator Charlton, especially in midfield, were 'underpowered and very lightweight, the players were too easily shaken off the ball and lacked pace, stamina and were generally overwhelmed by bigger more committed Hull players'. Is this fair comment ?
    The consolation is that we were very good from corners and free kicks, Stephens especially coming in for high praise for his deliveries.
  • Options

I listened to the game on BBC Radio Humberside. According to the commentator Charlton, especially in midfield, were 'underpowered and very lightweight, the players were too easily shaken off the ball and lacked pace, stamina and were generally overwhelmed by bigger more committed Hull players'. Is this fair comment ?
    The consolation is that we were very good from corners and free kicks, Stephens especially coming in for high praise for his deliveries.

that sounds really harsh. they had better players than us yes but it wasn't like we were being pushed around and not competing. we wasn't great but neither were hull.

• Options
    dave85 said:

that sounds really harsh. they had better players than us yes but it wasn't like we were being pushed around and not competing. we wasn't great but neither were hull.

The commentators of course come from Hull !!
  • Options

dave85 said:

The commentators of course come from Hull !!
    Sounds like they should stick to rugby league.
  • Options
    I'm not sure they wer'nt onto something actually. Perhaps a slight exaggeration but definitely onto something.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    towards the end of the game perhaps.To say hull were more commited is incorrect and we had the majority of the first half. if the comments were made summing up the entire 90 mins imo are massively exaggerated.
  • Options
    Sadly, I find myself in agreement to some degree. This was the only game that the Hull commentatotors had seen us play and in this context I find their comments understandable albeit partisan and OTT.
  • Options

RobbieT said:

Bit disappointed with the draw.Think Chris Powell got it wrong today. Don't know why he employed those tactics but we had no width. Thought Jacko and Pritch were largely anonymous. It was a game I feel we could have won and we should have seen Cook and
    Green, IMHO. But to see no subs at all baffled me. Was the goal offside? I didn't think that it was.

0-0 going nowhere yet he makes makes absolutely no subs. No wingers on the pitch either so we were unlikely ever to create chances.

I've been a "guest" on here for over 3 years. Not a massive looker at the site but even as a non-member got to know those who's opinion I respected. I read last week (your words) that you were leaving the site. I actually plucked up the courage to join on the back of that. I can't stand negativity.

Ok then, if it pleases you, i'll p**s off...............the fact that I've been a member on here for 5 yrs, been a season ticket holder since 1992, and go to over 30 games a season means nothing to a Johnny-come-lately like yourself.

Is the right to comment based on length of service here then Golfie ?

• Options
    PL54 said:

RobbieT said:

Is the right to comment based on length of service here then Golfie ?

Careful - he might use his flawed logic on you next

He's got on more 121 buses than me in the last 10 years so I don't have a leg to stand on.
  • Options

Can't be true as last game of 10/11 was 0-0 ( v Hartlepool)
  • Options

Can't be true as last game of 10/11 was 0-0 ( v Hartlepool)

84 games then!
  • Options
    try 49 Nathan!
  • Options

try 49 Nathan!

Whatever it is, it's still long ago
  • Options

3- JJ is a good captain but not a winger

He was playing in the middle behind the forwards.

Powell needs to learn that the people wearing fluorescent bibs are at his disposal
    Are you suggesting he stages some kind of uprising using the Stewards/St Johns Ambulance etc as some kind of mercnary army?

• Options
    edited August 2012
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I agree with the above but it looked to me that CP settled for a point with 20 minutes to go.Surely if he wanted to go for it he woul;d have replaced Jackson with Cook, A little concerned about the full backs in the last 2 games, they don't seem to be able to get forward enough which, perhaps, is restricting the service to the 2 front men, both of whom are playing very well. Particularly impressed with Hamer and Morrison. However overall a reasonable start and no need to panic as we have played tough teams, we need to assess after about 10 games
  • Options
    Agree about the full backs- they are now an important part of our attacking threat. Wiggins has tried but has come up against a decent rb in the last two home games- Did ok against Birmingham though. Away from home there may be more room for them to do this. We have to remmber that we are one of only 5 teams that haven't been beaten yet - Sir Chris clearly wanted to lay some foundations down and nobody can say he hasn't done that.
  • Options
    Wiggins was brilliant at getting forwards against Birmingham. Solly has maybe been a little shaky when up against powerful, quick wingers. On the whole he has held his own though.