Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Parking Last Night (Tin Hat On!)

13»

Comments

• Parked on the back roads by the Thames barrier, no problems at all.
    Happy Days
  • Big thanks to all those that didn't bother last night.
    managed to park closer than usual and was home by 10.10
  • got parked closer than normal, home in Welling by 10pm.
  • I cycled past my usual parking spot only to find it was empty !
  • I think the restrictions affected the gate last night. I'm sure a lot of people didn't fancy the train/coach on a Tuesday night. Hopefully Hull will be a lot better .
  • I get the impression that some people were just dying for there to be problems. Odd.
  • edited August 2012
    Off_it said:

I get the impression that some people were just dying for there to be problems. Odd.

You'd have to be mentally deranged to want problems!

It is perfectly understandable for people to be worried and concerned given the restrictions.

I didn't make it anyway because of work deadlines but had I been available the parking problems would have been stressful and worrying.

Football is a relaxation if stress and worry come into the equation then some simply will not bother.
  • Agree with your first point Len - and stand by my point.

You missed a cracker. Proper game of football where we had to be at our best, stay strong AND ride our luck to win. Good entertainment value all round.
  • By the way Len, there were no parking problems, so nothing to worry about there.
  • Took the 486 from Welling trip to the ground was great but the trip back was a nightmare waited 20 minutes for the bus and then it took another 20 minutes to get past the QE hospital into Shooters Hill Road. insted of getting home around 10.10 I finnaly arrived at 10.50. Never again it's back to the car for me.
  • Sponsored links:

• Off_it said:

By the way Len, there were no parking problems, so nothing to worry about there.

My dad couldn't find a space and had to park quite a bit further away than he usually would arriving at 7.15, and the girl that sits behind me had to drop her mum off and try to find a space as she couldn't park in her normal area either. My dad got to the turnstyle at 7.35 and the girl behind me got to her seat as the game kicked off. She's usually there to see the players warm up. Apparently traffic from Dartford was a nightmare.

There was also a tow truck on standby ready and waiting opposite the liberal club for 25 minutes at 6.50pm. Woman got out and was walking along Wellington and the chemist road looking in car windscreens and writing things down on a notepad. I stood there for 1/2 hour waiting for my dad wondering if they were going to issue tickets or move cars.

Not saying there were widespread problems for everyone, but certainly it seemed busier than they anticipated and the people i mention drive to every evening game at the same time.

• Off_it said:

By the way Len, there were no parking problems, so nothing to worry about there.

My dad couldn't find a space and had to park quite a bit further away than he usually would arriving at 7.15, and the girl that sits behind me had to drop her mum off and try to find a space as she couldn't park in her normal area either. My dad got to the turnstyle at 7.35 and the girl behind me got to her seat as the game kicked off. She's usually there to see the players warm up. Apparently traffic from Dartford was a nightmare.

There was also a tow truck on standby ready and waiting opposite the liberal club for 25 minutes at 6.50pm. Woman got out and was walking along Wellington and the chemist road looking in car windscreens and writing things down on a notepad. I stood there for 1/2 hour waiting for my dad wondering if they were going to issue tickets or move cars.

Not saying there were widespread problems for everyone, but certainly it seemed busier than they anticipated and the people i mention drive to every evening game at the same time.

Same for me. Had to park fecking miles away from where we normally park
  • Parking was ok but the traffic on the A2 was so bad I had to leave it early. Anyone know if there was an accident or dodgy lights?
  • I have been told there will be problems on saturday.

The parking restrictions are in force from 8.30 am untill 7pm 7 days a week
    from the 27th July until 9th September

and they cover the top end of charlton lane and charlton church lane all the way to back kidbrooke crossing shooters hill road . cars parked without a permitt will be towed away.

Good money making scheme by Greenwich council

• Here we go again!
  • My wife noticed that the place where we used to park has now got yellow lines, presumably added for the Olympics - I wonder if they'll still be there when it's all over? I will be fecking annoyed if that is the case, as our car was broken into when we used to park in the roads nearer the ground.
  • I dont know if there's anything to stop you gaining access or any warnings about parking because I've not been passed for a while but wickes have relocated next to matalan so there old premises are now vacant