Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Parking Last Night (Tin Hat On!)

edited August 2012 in General Charlton
I appreciate that the crowd last night was much smaller than for a league game but did anyone have any problems?

Midweek games are difficult for me at the best of times but I normally juggle things around and make the effort, family and work commitments permitting.

Last night I didn't need the worry and stress re parking so didn't bother. I may or may not have been alone in that attitude who knows?

The point is that if there were problems last night with a small crowd what will it be like for the Leicester game and should I simply write it off?

Comments

• Options
    i'm being shot at dawn.
  • Options
    24 hour restrictions in the retail park now. The signs in there state that if you park there for longer than 75 minutes, its a £95 fine.
  • Options
    No problem at all. Parked in a bay at the top of Charlton Lane as usual. Plenty of spaces too.
  • Options
    Couple of traffic wardens seen outside the Oak at 1930, ticketing a car. Though in this case there were signs there stating that bay was suspended whilst the game was taking place (1800 - 2230)
  • Options
    edited August 2012
    Makes me laugh the people who put wheelie bins etc out in the road to stop you from parking.
    I've got a great idea....... let's buy a house near a football ground and then wonder why some folk want to come there and park.....surprise surprise!
    The football ground has been there for decades, long before they bought their house...absolute numpties.
  • Options

24 hour restrictions in the retail park now. The signs in there state that if you park there for longer than 75 minutes, its a £95 fine.

I saw this today, there camera's on the gates. So the first you'll when the bill come's through the door. ; )
  • Options
    Paid £5 to some bloke at one fo those Football matchday car parks just to be on safe side. Only bother with Traffic was getting to game the lights at Kidbrooke changed every ten or so cars a complete joke.
  • Options

Makes me laugh the people who put wheelie bins etc out in the road to stop you from parking.
    I've got a great idea....... let's buy a house near a football ground and then wonder why some folk want to come there and park every.....surprise surprise!
    The football ground has been there for decades before they bought their house...absolute numpties.

I blame Nellie Boswell.

• Options
    edited August 2012
    The former disabled park area in Landsdowne Mews now has huge concrete blocks in place to prevent any access but their did appear to be parking spaces marked out under the repaired badge behind the Cupboard End
  • Options
    Ketman said:

Paid £5 to some bloke at one fo those Football matchday car parks just to be on safe side. Only bother with Traffic was getting to game the lights at Kidbrooke changed every ten or so cars a complete joke.

Yeah that sequence has been changed for some unknown reason , its like it in the mornings as well . agg
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Shag said:

Ketman said:

Yeah that sequence has been changed for some unknown reason , its like it in the mornings as well . agg
    It's the damn Olympic lanes on the main road that's changing the lights patterns. Call TfL and ask them to reset back to the old pattern now the Olympics is over and see how far you get!!
  • Options
    prob because of the Olympics.
  • Options
    went by train, indoors at 1.45am, sweet.
  • Options
    Wife parked normal spot, sign said until 7pm, so she waited there till then. No problems at all.
  • Options
    Parked at 5.45 normal spot, had no issues.
  • Options
    He so wants their to have been problems! LOL
  • Options
    Parked in my usual spot not far from Charlton House. No problem at all.
  • Options
    Parked at 6.50 usual spot down round the scrap yards, restrictions were only up to 5pm. I was the first to park so was a little nervous but plenty more followed and no problems. Same for me next week
  • Options

What retail park? The pc world one?
  • Options

What retail park? The pc world one?
    Yes. Used to also park outside the closed down MFI shop on that park but it is now a Dreamland, so that's a few cars looking elsewhere for spaces

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Jesus so that is £95 I don't have!
  • Options
    Parked as usual in Park View. Saw signs in various streets saying: "*8.30am-7.00pm. For 2 Hours. No return for 3 hours. Except permits." or words to that effect. So if you park after 5.00pm, the 2 hour rule stops at 7.00pm doesn't it. Wouldn't this apply at our next weekday evening match? Didn't notice any dates mentioned (too concerned with getting to The Royal Oak).
  • Options
    I usually park in the area behind Travis Perkins next to the retail park but there are restrictions absolutely everywhere down lower Charlton. After hunting round unsuccessfully for 25 minutes I gave up and went home. Advice re where to park for Hull and Leicester gratefully received.
  • Options
    It was around 6pm when I got there and the Olympic Games restrictions are in place until 7pm
  • Options
    I'd cross the lower road and head up the hill if I were you.
  • Options

Parked as usual in Park View. Saw signs in various streets saying: "*8.30am-7.00pm. For 2 Hours. No return for 3 hours. Except permits." or words to that effect. So if you park after 5.00pm, the 2 hour rule stops at 7.00pm doesn't it. Wouldn't this apply at our next weekday evening match? Didn't notice any dates mentioned (too concerned with getting to The Royal Oak).

You're quite right. You've got 2 hours max so as long as you park after 5.00pm that will take you up to the non-restricted period of 7.00pm.
  • Options
    Bloke next to me last night was telling his mate that he and his wife parked in Woolwich because of the restrictions,then walked from there before realising the restrictions ended at 7. His mate laughed then said "How are you?" He replied "Knackered."
  • Options
    Like 'LenGlover' Midweek games are difficult for me. But i usually make the effort.
    I had no intention of attending last night and didn't.
    The altered parking restrictions concern me too. I have seen the map that was supposed to help and read the comments from folk within this thread, who say they had no problem.
    However i remain unsure of the details of the parking rules and have no desire to have my vehicle clamped, towed or ticketed. Even if it turned out to be wrongly so, by an over-zealous parking warden. I do not want to get involved with all the hassle that would create.
    With that in mind. Despite having a season-ticket, i will not be attending the evening match V Leicester City. I shall attend V Hull City and will book on to The Valley Express.
    I believe that by the time the home match V Crystal Palace comes around. The Olympic restrictions will be gone.
    This post is simply to give my take on the situation. Anyone who wishes to use it to attack me as 'part-time supporter' or even an 'idiot' for not understanding the rules, feel free. I'll not be commenting further.
  • Options
    Daggs said:

Like 'LenGlover' Midweek games are difficult for me. But i usually make the effort.
    I had no intention of attending last night and didn't.
    The altered parking restrictions concern me too. I have seen the map that was supposed to help and read the comments from folk within this thread, who say they had no problem.
    However i remain unsure of the details of the parking rules and have no desire to have my vehicle clamped, towed or ticketed. Even if it turned out to be wrongly so, by an over-zealous parking warden. I do not want to get involved with all the hassle that would create.
    With that in mind. Despite having a season-ticket, i will not be attending the evening match V Leicester City. I shall attend V Hull City and will book on to The Valley Express.
    I believe that by the time the home match V Crystal Palace comes around. The Olympic restrictions will be gone.
    This post is simply to give my take on the situation. Anyone who wishes to use it to attack me as 'part-time supporter' or even an 'idiot' for not understanding the rules, feel free. I'll not be commenting further.

Oooooh get you!

• Options
    Parked right in the middle of Woolwich road, no problem whatsoever.