Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Blur Tickets - Sunday

124»

Comments

• Options
    Seen Blur 3 times, one of the best I have seen live proper gigs 
  • Options
    bobmunro said:
    PopIcon said:
    BalladMan said:
    PopIcon said:
    BalladMan said:
    2nd date added.  Beggars belief that they could not sell out Hyde Park in 2015, but now 2 nights at Wembley. 
    I'm confident that reduced tickets will be available on Twickets nearer the time. The second day hasn't even sold out. I paid about 12p for Ian Brown tickets at Brixton a month or so ago. Even for 12p it was over priced, it's the worst IB performance i've seen. Didn't even have live band.

As for an Oasis reunion, i think it will happen, but not this year.
    Agree on oasis. 2025-7 time frame (or leave it to 2029 and have 20 years since they bowed out at v festival of all places). 

Ian brown has actually been really good with a band when I have seen him before. He made a massive side step with the no musicians decision as he thought he was Kanye. 
    Neither Liam or Noel need the money, they are playing decent size shows. It will need to be a ridiculous pay check (or something else) get them to reform. What rhythm section would they bring? Certainly not Alan White.

Ian Brown's voice has in my opinion always been shite live and I'm lucky enough to have seen the Stone Roses first time round, albeit the Second Coming tour.
    Anyway his solo gig at Brixton was without doubt the worst thing i've ever seen live and that includes every open mic night i have been to. People were leaving half way though. Not a Roses song on the set list either!
    Noel Gallagher's net worth (can't comment on the accuracy) is widely reported to be about £60m. A one-off concert is not likely to add significantly to that but an Oasis world tour off the back of a new album (him and Liam are still writing great stuff) would net serious amounts of money - perhaps the biggest net value tour in history.

Noel is playing Crystal Palace Bowl in the summer, I don't know it's capacity but it has to be 10k+, no doubt he'll be earing a few 100ks off that back of that show. For one low hassle gig.

Liam played Knebworth last year, if he wasn't a multimillionaire already, he would have been after that show. 

They had two belter records, the rest were mediocre. Leave things were they are, we don't really need an Oasis reunion, not yet anyway. I haven't listened to either of their solo records in a long time, only the bits that come up up Radio X. killerandflash said:
    bobmunro said:
    PopIcon said:
    BalladMan said:
    PopIcon said:
    BalladMan said:
    2nd date added.  Beggars belief that they could not sell out Hyde Park in 2015, but now 2 nights at Wembley. 
    I'm confident that reduced tickets will be available on Twickets nearer the time. The second day hasn't even sold out. I paid about 12p for Ian Brown tickets at Brixton a month or so ago. Even for 12p it was over priced, it's the worst IB performance i've seen. Didn't even have live band.

As for an Oasis reunion, i think it will happen, but not this year.
    Agree on oasis. 2025-7 time frame (or leave it to 2029 and have 20 years since they bowed out at v festival of all places). 

Ian brown has actually been really good with a band when I have seen him before. He made a massive side step with the no musicians decision as he thought he was Kanye. 
    Neither Liam or Noel need the money, they are playing decent size shows. It will need to be a ridiculous pay check (or something else) get them to reform. What rhythm section would they bring? Certainly not Alan White.

Ian Brown's voice has in my opinion always been shite live and I'm lucky enough to have seen the Stone Roses first time round, albeit the Second Coming tour.
    Anyway his solo gig at Brixton was without doubt the worst thing i've ever seen live and that includes every open mic night i have been to. People were leaving half way though. Not a Roses song on the set list either!
    Noel Gallagher's net worth (can't comment on the accuracy) is widely reported to be about £60m. A one-off concert is not likely to add significantly to that but an Oasis world tour off the back of a new album (him and Liam are still writing great stuff) would net serious amounts of money - perhaps the biggest net value tour in history.

Noel and Liam are both earning very good money individually at the moment, so the question is whether Noel needs the added hassle and indeed pressure of a reunion, when he has an enjoyable life as a solo artist and "acerbic elder statesman of rock". It's still more likely than a Morrisey/Marr reunion though  :D

It's a lot different for the members of Blur, as there are no bad feeling between them. They can get together every now and then, have fun, make shed loads of money, them go their own separate ways for a few years.
    A Smiths reunion, that's what the world is waiting for. I'd take Talking Heads, Led Zeppelin, Pink Floyd, R.E.M, The Verve and Mansun before an Oasis reunion.