Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Blur Tickets - Sunday

Comments

• Options
    Woolwich.
  • Options
    uumm. Parking might be a problem for that, Maybe a bit to close
  • Options
    edited August 2012

where do you live? best train for us is the really late one to hither green and then a cab, think its about 1am!?

I live in Gravesend. I tend to usually get the train to Meopham (via Bromley south) as it's only 35 min journey, compared with 90mins via dartford (and having to change trains).

Don't mind driving up to outskirts if I can find parking space .....................
    Check on Southeastern's website, they are running extra services. But as you live in Gravesend, can you not use the High Speed service to Ebbsfleet?

Edit, info here: http://www.southeasternrailway.co.uk/london-2012-olympic-games/closing-ceremony/

01:12 Cannon Street to Gillingham is last mainline to Gravesend
  • Options
    Last Victoria to Gravesend is 01.19 but it goes to St Pancras Int.

01:19 London Victoria 01:55London St Pancras Intl Transfer n/a 00h 36
    01:55 London St Pancras Intl 02:20Gravesend Train SOUTH EASTERN TRAINS 00h 25
  • Options
    edited August 2012
    Others from St Pancras to Gravesend :-

D 01:17 St Pancras D 01:55

A 01:42 Gravesend A 01:20

• Options
    nationalrail.co.uk helps as well Tango.

Thanks wilma, cant believe there is a direct train from Cannon street either at 1.26am! blimey.
  • Options
    Cheers for the train info.

This will tell you more about times of events.

http://www.btlondonlive.com/whats-on?searchactive=1&dir=asc&page=1&sortby=eventstart&keyword=&sdate=2012-08-12&hp=1&art=1&submit=Search#events-search

Well chuffed that new order are on stage first, meaning I don't have to get there too early to drivel...........................
  • Options
    Also not on that list but announced by the band are The Bots
    http://www.thebotsband.com/news/08-06-12/headlining-uk-dates-hyde-park
    Seems a bit odd as they aren't British but they've said it on their own website so guess they are on before BBC
  • Options
    Looks like it will likely end around 22.30ish after all, if Blur are starting at 21.05.
    Tango's link suggests there are bands playing before BBC.
    I reckon I'll get there by 14.00.
    More drinking time :-)
  • Options
    This thread feels like it's gone very Charlton stereotype!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

This thread feels like it's gone very Charlton stereotype!

Clever Neil...like what you did there. Stereotype...great Specials track!! ;-)

Just back from holiday and can't wait for this now. And you've all sorted out my train times home too...thanks all :-)
  • Options
    and a not so famous great blur song too!! well done Neil!
  • Options
    Very true Suzi...now all we need to know is whether Neil meant it!! ;-)
  • Options
    Oh ye of little faith Tel!
  • Options

Looks like it will likely end around 22.30ish after all, if Blur are starting at 21.05.

I reckon you're wrong CE, as your Mrs just heard on TV that it is expected to end at midnight :-)
  • Options

Oh ye of little faith Tel!

Always have the faith mate...well done! :-)
  • Options
    http://www.btlondonlive.com/useful-info/opening-and-closing-ceremony-celebration-concert-information-hyde-park

So on here it says blur finish at 11.15 but the event finishes at 12.30.

• Options

I reckon you're wrong CE, as your Mrs just heard on TV that it is expected to end at midnight :-)
    CE see my post above, there is at least one band playing before BBC.

Also on the extra drinking time you are aware it's £5 a pint in there?
  • Options
    Been told this by a mate who knows someone in Blur's camp etc etc

Doors open 12:00
    Bombay Bicycle Club 16:30-17:15
    New Order 17:45-18:45
    The Specials 19:15-20:15
    Blur 21:05
    Close 00.30
  • Options
    Sorry just seen that's the same as Curb_it's link..
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    colthe3rd said:

Needs must :-)
  • Options

colthe3rd said:

Needs must :-)
    Clearly better off than poor people like me. I was going to do my old festival hip flask routine but seeing the walkthrough metal detectors they had when I went there a couple of weeks ago it's not really worth losing a perfectly good hip flask.
  • Options
    edited August 2012
    Have a few jars in the Samuel Smith's pub in Victoria. Always cheap.

Windsor Castle
    Victoria, London
    23 Francis Street
    SW1P 1DN
  • Options
    Good news for anyone going tonight regarding trains. Blur on stage at 9:00pm so should be finished around 11:00. Plenty of time for me to get home.

http://www.btlondonlive.com/hyde-park
  • Options
    Top gig yesterday. Have to say although Blur were great, thought Specials were better. Aching all over this morning, getting a bit too old for this me thinks.
  • Options

Top gig yesterday. Have to say although Blur were great, thought Specials were better. Aching all over this morning, getting a bit too old for this me thinks.

In the same aching/too old boat as you!
    Specials were class, showed New Order how it's done! What was that rendition of "Love will tear us apart" all about?
    Blur were great, some classic album tracks along side the crowd pleasers,and they seemed genuinly happy to be playing together. Glad Damon has stopped his mad shouty angry performance I've seen him do at recent big outdoor gigs.
    Loved it!

• Options
    Had a great day, absolutely shattered at the moment (must stop mixing Strongbow and then bottles of wine!!) and wondering how early i can get away with going and working from home...probably in the next hour!!

Big fan of all four bands and really enjoyed all the sets. Disappointed that I was caught in a horrendous queue for the bar during a fair bit of the Specials set (have to say that we got served really quickly early on and then later though). I might be wrong, but can't remember hearing Ghost Town which was a shame...some great tracks and we loved a family in front of us where a little girl of about 5/6 was singing along to all the songs with her mum...obviously a well brought up kid!

Great to hear New Order finish with Love Will Tear us Apart, BBC's Shuffle and Phil Daniels was excellent/manic doing Park Life.

• Options
    Yes surprised no Ghost Town. Harry Enfield was a scream during Park Life!
  • Options
    eldavide said:

In the same aching/too old boat as you!
    Specials were class, showed New Order how it's done! What was that rendition of "Love will tear us apart" all about?
    Blur were great, some classic album tracks along side the crowd pleasers,and they seemed genuinly happy to be playing together. Glad Damon has stopped his mad shouty angry performance I've seen him do at recent big outdoor gigs.
    Loved it!

I thought New Order (no Hooky low-slung bass - gutted!) and The Specials were very good but disappointed they didn't do 'Regret' and 'Ghost Town' respectively. Blur were ok, the set not quite what I was expecting and they weren't helped by the absolutely terrible sound - it seemed like it took them an hour to get any proper volume up and between every song the crowd by me were singing 'Turn it up, turn it up, turn it up.' That said, Tender, No Distance Left to Run, Parklife and The Universal were quality. Re New Order performing Love Will Tear Us Apart, the band were formed out of Joy Division after JD's lead singer Ian Curtis committed suicide, so it has always been 'their' song, though they refuised to play it for a long time afterwards. Apologies to Lifers who know all this stuff already or if it's already been covered!
  • Options
    Excellent gig. Everyone else pretty much summed it up. The Specials sounded fantastic as usual, also thought the sound quality for Blur was shit for the first half. Can't comment on new order as I deliberately missed them (utter poo IMO).

Until yesterday, I always considered myself to be of average height (6ft) but it seemed that ever guy in front of me was a frigging basketball player, seriously, 6'5 seemed the average............

Absolutely shattered today...........................................