Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Blur Tickets - Sunday

Comments

• Options
    missed the 1.15 train and got in at 2.40am after getting a nightbus home and a cab from lewisham. when my alarm went off before 6 this morning I actually thought it was a big cruel joke.

great gig. back absolutely killed me all weekend but still managed to dance to blur - his voice sounded stronger than it did at glastonbury. Listened to Sing earlier and it gave me goosebumps.
  • Options
    I am knackered, far too old for it all. Still i enjoyed it all but was there for the Specials as not a huge Blur fan, but had a good time, and managed to get in and served fairly quickly even tho the queues were horrendous.

And to add a bit more magic to the day, my mate bough 4 pints at 20 quid and 3 vodka cranberries (15 quid) and the barmaid walked off in between and forgot to take the money! She did wait there for a little while thinking she would come back. but no! Result.

Glad i left a bit early now Suzi!
  • Options
    we stayed after Blur for a bit to watch the closing ceremony on the screen then Take That came on and the boys wanted to go. so we walked back via the mall, (army security were taking pictures of us as were the only people around!) then they wanted to eat and we had half hour till our train then obviously lost track of time and forgot to go and catch the train! obviously i couldn't run as i could barely walk. It sounds like we had a nightmare, but it was our own fault really.
  • Options
    Enjoyed the music, bumped into a few celebs as well. Have to sy though I thought the organising was a shambles, some of the queues were horrendous.

Also I would like all blankets to be banned from outdoor gigs, don't get me wrong I don't have a problem if people want to sit down but if you do go towards the back, don't plonk yourself right in front of the main stage and then moan that people are standing on you trying to get past. Grrr, rant over!
  • Options
    We got over to London Bridge and watched the final part of the ceremony in the Barrowboy and Banker. Home at 1.
  • Options
    Agree with all the posts. My back & the rest of me is really aching today. It's not just our age. I'm positive it was something to do with standing on the woodchips for 8 hours. I've never ached like that before & I go to at least 5 gigs a year.

Agree, that the bars got absolutely rammed just before The Specials started. Gave up & never tried again.

Blur, Specials, New Order were all very good.

As for the lack of sound, it's a common complaint at Hyde Park. Personally, I can't understand it, but am usually about 20 yards from the front. It's never a problem for me.

Got nearly within touching distance of Damon Albarn last night, when he came to the front of the walkway.
  • Options
    Gutted I couldn't go!
  • Options
    eldavide said:

Specials were class, showed New Order how it's done! What was that rendition of "Love will tear us apart" all about?

New Order were originally Joy Division and decided to carry on after their frontman and songwriter Ian Curtis killed himself but changed their name out of respect. Love will tear us apart is one of the last completed recordings they made. Watch the film Control, it's quality and is about Ian Curtis' struggle with epilepsy and depression
  • Options
    I have only just surfaced into work.

Great day/night. Although i dont like these big events much i had a laugh. Only went up the front for The Specials - tried to climb the barrier but got knocked back - what was that alll about? Managed to sneak a bottle of vodka in down my trousers - geezer scanned me and asked what it was and i said my phone and got in. So no beer queue for me. By the time Blur came on we left (well the half of us that we could find) and went back to the pub and onto my mates house in Deptford.

Highlights were New Order doing Ceremony and Temptation , the whole of The Specials - 6th time in 2 years and they never dissapoint, and getting straight in and not queueing due to us not having bags.

Lowlights are that i no rememebr why i cant be arsed with big crowd, poor sound, poor khazi, shit overpriced bar big gigs.
  • Options
    Thought New Order were good.

Saw Blur at Hyde Park in 2009 and personally thought this wasn't a patch on that. Sound was appalling.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    For anyone who wants an audio recording of Sundays gig......................................

http://www.sendspace.com/file/oknyl3
  • Options
    Really enjoyed New Order and the Specials, neither of whom I'd really liked before. I was queueing when BBC were on so cant comment, and I thought Blur were decent without being consistently great.
  • Options
    edited November 2022
    Just waiting to log in and try for tickets for the gig at Wembley next July. Can’t believe it’s been over 10 years now since this gig…they’ve absolutely flown by.

Edit: £96.25 for standing tickets 🫣
  • Options
    TelMc32 said:
    Just waiting to log in and try for tickets for the gig at Wembley next July. Can’t believe it’s been over 10 years now since this gig…they’ve absolutely flown by.

I like Blur , and could have been tempted, but you know you're getting old when the thought of standing on the pitch for 2 plus hours loses its appeal , i'm sure it will be good though!
  • Options
    TelMc32 said:

I thought pre-sale was tomorrow.

£100 to see blur is nuts, it's a £60 gig. 
  • Options
    PopIcon said:
    TelMc32 said:

I thought pre-sale was tomorrow.

£100 to see blur is nuts, it's a £60 gig. 
    O2 Priority was this morning from 10am. Some cheaper seats (£72) were available, but you’d be up in the gods. I’d have been much happier with the 2012 support bands, but hoping it’ll still be a great night…and much easier to get home these days too 😉
  • Options
    Got ours.

Pulp on the 1st and then Blur on the 8th.

Just waiting for Oasis to re-form now.
  • Options
    Great band, would not want to see them at Wembley though !. I imagine both will also be at Glastonbury, which makes the £335 ticket price, slightly less mental. 
  • Options
    shine166 said:
    Great band, would not want to see them at Wembley though !. I imagine both will also be at Glastonbury, which makes the £335 ticket price, slightly less mental. 
    Problem is getting a tickets for glasto.  I tried on both sale dates last week.  

As stated above, Pulp 1st, Blur 8th, Oasis 16th at Hyde park?  

It really, really, really could happen
  • Options
    BalladMan said:
    shine166 said:

Best way to get glasto tickets, is get 6 ppl to all try for eachother and improve your chances as you're allowed upto 6 tickets per transaction. Everyone that I know who wanted one, got one... we just can't justify the cash atm. Its a grand + per person really.... more if you spend all your time in the SE corner lol.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    shine166 said:
    BalladMan said:
    shine166 said:

Best way to get glasto tickets, is get 6 ppl to all try for eachother and improve your chances as you're allowed upto 6 tickets per transaction. Everyone that I know who wanted one, got one... we just can't justify the cash atm. Its a grand + per person really.... more if you spend all your time in the SE corner lol.
    4 of us tried (thats how big our group are) but no dice.  I have been lucky and have attended 3 glastos (1998, 2005, 2008).  Probably best of the young un's to get a go
  • Options
    Woo hoo

• Options
    2nd date added.  Beggars belief that they could not sell out Hyde Park in 2015, but now 2 nights at Wembley. 
  • Options
    Ha!
    When I saw Blur in 1991 they were the first on stage followed by My Bloody Valentine and The Jesus and Mary Chain. Four bands for about 15 quid. When Blur were on, most people were still milling about, drinking and shouting into each other's earholes.
    I remember that they had a video that started with human excrement and went backwards through the consumption of meat, the slaughterhouse and finished with the cow in the field. 

• Options
    BalladMan said:
    2nd date added.  Beggars belief that they could not sell out Hyde Park in 2015, but now 2 nights at Wembley. 
    I'm confident that reduced tickets will be available on Twickets nearer the time. The second day hasn't even sold out. I paid about 12p for Ian Brown tickets at Brixton a month or so ago. Even for 12p it was over priced, it's the worst IB performance i've seen. Didn't even have live band.

As for an Oasis reunion, i think it will happen, but not this year.
  • Options
    edited November 2022
    PopIcon said:
    BalladMan said:
    I'm confident that reduced tickets will be available on Twickets nearer the time. The second day hasn't even sold out. I paid about 12p for Ian Brown tickets at Brixton a month or so ago. Even for 12p it was over priced, it's the worst IB performance i've seen. Didn't even have live band.

Agree on oasis. 2025-7 time frame (or leave it to 2029 and have 20 years since they bowed out at v festival of all places). 

Ian brown has actually been really good with a band when I have seen him before. He made a massive side step with the no musicians decision as he thought he was Kanye. 
  • Options
    BalladMan said:
    PopIcon said:
    BalladMan said:

Agree on oasis. 2025-7 time frame (or leave it to 2029 and have 20 years since they bowed out at v festival of all places). 

Ian brown has actually been really good with a band when I have seen him before. He made a massive side step with the no musicians decision as he thought he was Kanye. 
    Neither Liam or Noel need the money, they are playing decent size shows. It will need to be a ridiculous pay check (or something else) get them to reform. What rhythm section would they bring? Certainly not Alan White.

Ian Brown's voice has in my opinion always been shite live and I'm lucky enough to have seen the Stone Roses first time round, albeit the Second Coming tour.
    Anyway his solo gig at Brixton was without doubt the worst thing i've ever seen live and that includes every open mic night i have been to. People were leaving half way though. Not a Roses song on the set list either!
  • Options
    PopIcon said:
    BalladMan said:
    PopIcon said:
    BalladMan said:

Neither Liam or Noel need the money, they are playing decent size shows. It will need to be a ridiculous pay check (or something else) get them to reform. What rhythm section would they bring? Certainly not Alan White.

Ian Brown's voice has in my opinion always been shite live and I'm lucky enough to have seen the Stone Roses first time round, albeit the Second Coming tour.
    Anyway his solo gig at Brixton was without doubt the worst thing i've ever seen live and that includes every open mic night i have been to. People were leaving half way though. Not a Roses song on the set list either!
    Noel Gallagher's net worth (can't comment on the accuracy) is widely reported to be about £60m. A one-off concert is not likely to add significantly to that but an Oasis world tour off the back of a new album (him and Liam are still writing great stuff) would net serious amounts of money - perhaps the biggest net value tour in history.

• Options
    bobmunro said:
    PopIcon said:
    BalladMan said:
    PopIcon said:
    BalladMan said:

Noel Gallagher's net worth (can't comment on the accuracy) is widely reported to be about £60m. A one-off concert is not likely to add significantly to that but an Oasis world tour off the back of a new album (him and Liam are still writing great stuff) would net serious amounts of money - perhaps the biggest net value tour in history.

Noel and Liam are both earning very good money individually at the moment, so the question is whether Noel needs the added hassle and indeed pressure of a reunion, when he has an enjoyable life as a solo artist and "acerbic elder statesman of rock". It's still more likely than a Morrisey/Marr reunion though  :D

It's a lot different for the members of Blur, as there are no bad feeling between them. They can get together every now and then, have fun, make shed loads of money, them go their own separate ways for a few years.
  • Options
    Oasis will never reform; you can just stop hoping and forget about it. Liam would do it but Noel just won't. I think it would take him until he's over seventy with apologies and a different attitude from his brother but even then I just can't see it happening.