Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Steve Kavanagh Left The Club

Comments

• Options
    edited July 2012
    I think you'll find covered end is worried about the goings on at the club and his concerns, as will mine , would be eased if we knew a bit more about who owns us and what is going on down there
    Is that gonna happen , unlikely
    But each and everyone deals with things in a different way and clearly things behind the scenes at the valley aren't as smooth as we'd all be hoping for
    Who knows if there is anything any of us can do but I'd rather know that not know but that's just me and possibly covered end
  • Options
    I apologise if I've offended. I just find it incredibly frustrating, that people without any club contacts refuse to accept that there are problems. It's all great on the pitch etc.

No doubt Pompey fans probably thought that a few years ago at Wembley.

Anyway, I've had enough for today.
  • Options
    edited July 2012
    collegeparkaddick

Interesting post. My opinion is that you've touched on an issue that isn't just about Charlton fans but Britain as a whole. As I see it - with the benefit of a bit of distance,perhaps, there are two different kinds of Briton nowadays. In the past Britain was full of people who were ready to stand up and say ' I don't like this, and I'm going to do something about it'. Nowadays there are rather less of them , and an increasing number who are prepared to just defer to power and money. That explains why, four years after we first discovered what the bankers are up to, we still cannot stop them continuing to get up to it. Covered End is one of those few who are still prepared to say, "I have a right to know what's going on, and to do something if what's going on isn't kosher". And I can understand it, if his exasperation with deferential behaviour spills over. I've been biting my own lip, or rather my keyboard, for the last few hours.

Nevertheless, you are right, that if we use up all our energy sniping at each other, that makes it more likely that disaster will befall our club right under our noses. So those of us who are worried, or just of a neurotic nature, need to keep digging, rationally and methodically, and try to present the nearest we can get to facts, to those such as Carly, who are clearly smart people but just need a bit more persuasion before they see the need to get up off their arses.
  • Options

We'll all just stay silent & play dumb then.

What is the point of this?

There is a great deal of turbulence currently with the club -- whether this portends doom or is simply par for the course of a reorganization is clearly the subject of disagreement. (For my part, what I read on here has made it much more difficult to enjoy the preseason showings on the pitch.)

But why is so much of the disagreement expressed with personal digs? This thread, as well as others, is populated with supporters taking shots at other supporters or the expression of desire of recognition should their particular viewpoint prove accurate based on future events.

Repeatedly, contributors have expressed dissatisfaction or a decision to walk away from this forum. I remain a tourist here, but for everyone that does post here: I thoroughly enjoy reading through all the varying opinions and perspectives on CAFC-related events and topics. I cannot understand why these disagreements have turned so bitterly personal for so many and I do not see the point.

I visit this site, in part, to read Covered End's posts -- along with many others who regularly write here. They substantially augment my ability to understand and enjoy the club. I am grateful for them, but find it bizarre that the forum has devolved not because of WUMs but because of differences of opinions amongst regular contributors that have turned increasingly nasty.
    Well said.
  • Options
    I think we are being treated with a lot of disrespect as fans ... We are getting 'legally savvy' press releases that mean zero and lead to further speculation, we have several posters trying to express what info they get to hear from being close to the club greeting even further speculation...

It could be anything, it could be kavanagh is being forced out because he just doesn't see a very clearly obvious fact and he's digging his heals in, showing his ignorance, it could be money men restructuring, it could be that the money's left and every is fighting to make sure they CAN get out without it swallowing people whole...

Or it could be fine ...

We need IMHO to find a way to get some proper answers...

All we are hearing from the club is 'don't panic, trust me'

This season was looking like it was going to be the best in many a year, at the moment the shine is distinctly off and with nonsensical structural changes that don't even make sense happening I am very worried that we could see these issues filtering into the player and coaching staff...

So far nothing negative has come out of the club, big swings with regard% of ownership, CEO no longer on the board... And they say 'don't panic'

Reasonably want can we do to end and force these guys to answer us?
  • Options
    For me the important thing is that CP manages to keep the squad focused on football and that we have a successful season on the pitch. Whatever is happening in the boardroom, no one knows except the owners themselves. It seems like bad news, and its certainly disruptive and concerning, however it's also possible that it may be a genuine restructure for the good of the club. If we can keep up the momentum on the pitch and make it back to the Premiership, the boardroom of the future could be completely different to today's.
  • Options
    I think your best bet Mascot would be to hope that Peter Varney or Kavanagh speak out soon about their grievances as to why they felt the need to leave.
  • Options

For me the important thing is that CP manages to keep the squad focused on football and that we have a successful season on the pitch. Whatever is happening in the boardroom, no one knows except the owners themselves. It seems like bad news, and its certainly disruptive and concerning, however it's also possible that it may be a genuine restructure for the good of the club. If we can keep up the momentum on the pitch and make it back to the Premiership, the boardroom of the future could be completely different to today's.

This is exactly the point... We have no idea what is going on... Very frustrating...

• Options

I think your best bet Mascot would be to hope that Peter Varney or Kavanagh speak out soon about their grievances as to why they felt the need to leave.

Not going to happen, unless they happen to enjoy long drawn out court cases.
  • Options
    Slater says. Fans should stop listening to this ridculous gossip. We will not be rushed into transfers. Nothing from Slater re Kavanagh. Two very small paragraphs in the SLP.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    shirty5 said:

Slater says. Fans should stop listening to this ridculous gossip. We will not be rushed into transfers. Nothing from Slater re Kavanagh. Two very small paragraphs in the SLP.

slater talks shite he is a lapdog for who f--k knows ? ,but varney leaves early doors then kavanagh whos next SCP obviously there are problems upstairs the relationship with the fans and the board has gone and thats all down to the people who are running theclub , SCP said in his speech last game of the season that us the fans have got our charlton back on the pitch maybe which is what we all want ,but upstairs we havent only richard murray left and that is worrying.

• Options
    all the fans want is some honest answers hopefully before the season starts.
  • Options
    The problem I got boogica, is how do you know when you got an honest answer? Their comment in the SLP might be correct or it might be rubbish, how do we know, apart from waiting to see how it turns out.
  • Options
    can someone copy and paste the SLP piece and did someone mention something about the Newshopper as well? again for us exiled addicks a link or sight of both articles would be appreciated.
    Thanks
  • Options
    boogica said:

shirty5 said:

slater talks shite he is a lapdog for who f--k knows ? ,but varney leaves early doors then kavanagh whos next SCP obviously there are problems upstairs the relationship with the fans and the board has gone and thats all down to the people who are running theclub , SCP said in his speech last game of the season that us the fans have got our charlton back on the pitch maybe which is what we all want ,but upstairs we havent only richard murray left and that is worrying.

Seriously, what relationship have they ever had with the fans? They've delivered what we've wanted (promotion and a team that we're proud of) without really engaging with us. Now there are lots of whispers, nothing substantive, about things going on and some of us start to panic. Whether we like it or not Jiminez et al own CAFC and if they think that SK isn't the right person to drive us forward, irrespective of his integrity, then so be it.
  • Options

can someone copy and paste the SLP piece and did someone mention something about the Newshopper as well? again for us exiled addicks a link or sight of both articles would be appreciated.
    Thanks

See my last comment. From the paper this morning

• Options

boogica said:

shirty5 said:

Seriously, what relationship have they ever had with the fans? They've delivered what we've wanted (promotion and a team that we're proud of) without really engaging with us. Now there are lots of whispers, nothing substantive, about things going on and some of us start to panic. Whether we like it or not Jiminez et al own CAFC and if they think that SK isn't the right person to drive us forward, irrespective of his integrity, then so be it.

as ive said before on previous posts time will tell.

• Options
    The problem is the lack of actual knowledge of whether we have any money or not, we don't know who's behind us the people visible clearly don't have that level of funds, and so the secracy behind the real money means we don't know if that or those individuals have left or are there or bloody anything, so chinese whispers is all we have to go on...

I'm gonna call wiki leaks and see if they can dig up some truth ...
  • Options
    increased shareholding for TJ?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    boogica said:

shirty5 said:

What on earth are you talking about?

Nonsense
  • Options
    TEL said:

We'll all just stay silent & play dumb then.

What is the point of this?

There is a great deal of turbulence currently with the club -- whether this portends doom or is simply par for the course of a reorganization is clearly the subject of disagreement. (For my part, what I read on here has made it much more difficult to enjoy the preseason showings on the pitch.)

But why is so much of the disagreement expressed with personal digs? This thread, as well as others, is populated with supporters taking shots at other supporters or the expression of desire of recognition should their particular viewpoint prove accurate based on future events.

Repeatedly, contributors have expressed dissatisfaction or a decision to walk away from this forum. I remain a tourist here, but for everyone that does post here: I thoroughly enjoy reading through all the varying opinions and perspectives on CAFC-related events and topics. I cannot understand why these disagreements have turned so bitterly personal for so many and I do not see the point.

I visit this site, in part, to read Covered End's posts -- along with many others who regularly write here. They substantially augment my ability to understand and enjoy the club. I am grateful for them, but find it bizarre that the forum has devolved not because of WUMs but because of differences of opinions amongst regular contributors that have turned increasingly nasty.
    Well said.
    +1
  • Options
    "slater talks shit" FFS this would be the man as part ofthe Board that got CP the team / squad he wanted a few months back and was part of the TEAM that got us 101 points !!!!!!!

No idea whats happening but im not going to slag off the Board for some GOSSIP on here. When or IF ----THATS if there will be plenty of time to sling shit and mud.

• Options
    Let's get one thing straight if we are as people say in financial difficulties .Chris Powell is Charlton through and through and I'm sure he wouldn't jeapodies the future of Charlton for the sake of selling a couple of players.If that's what it takes to raise funds to pay things
  • Options

boogica said:

shirty5 said:

Slater says. Fans should stop listening to this ridculous gossip. We will not be rushed into transfers.
    Nothing from Slater re Kavanagh. Two very small paragraphs in the SLP.

What on earth are you talking about?

Nonsense</block

why is it nonsense

• Options
    look the board did brilliant last year all im saying is the relationship isnt what it used to be between the board and supporters maybe thats the way the new regime want it be ,but for me that bond was why our club used to be different.
  • Options
    If results continue to go our way on the pitch, as fans do we care what goes on in the boardroom? How productive is it to worry about 1) speculation and 2) things you can't influence?
  • Options
    poxy millwall rag
  • Options
    When people say they have heard from sources at the club, I am presuming people who work there. Well maybe these people who work there have had their comfort blankets taken away. They have always worked under the RM & PV regime, when PV left the first time RM was still in charge.When PV came back with the new owners RM took a back seat and PV was back in situe. Well PV has now gone RM no longer has the power, maybe the sources are a little worried possibly scared as they haven't been in this situation before. The new owners maybe making changes, we have all been in a situation where a new boss comes in makes changes to how we have done things for many years, this can sometimes feel very unnerving and frightning but doesn't always mean things will go tits up.

I'm not saying this is the case but, it could be the reason for negative vibes coming out of the club, I would be more inclined to believe the bad vibed if they were from board members as opposed to employees. As yet I don't think this has been the case becauseIMHO all of the so called sources are employees.