Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Line of Duty

Comments

• Yeah, I'd say neither of them are high ranking enough.
    Fleming was a DC for the first 3 series.
  • From series 4, Hastings was added to the wall later in the episode
    Hargreaves was back on the screen/scene last night too.

• Maybe H is a collective?
  • MrOneLung said:
    Nah - he was struggling to pay the bill..

because he was getting a divorce? There was a shot of him reading divorce papers. 
    I think he is skint as getting divorce and cant afford his bill, rather than not having time to find new place to live.
  • Loved the way they have not even addressed Kate's promotion other than Steve calling her maam
  • MrOneLung said:
    whilst the twist at the end was predictable (me and wife both saying why assume it is the woman that is undercover) my off the wall guess is that they are BOTH undercover from different units and neither of them realise it.
    It was perfectly reasonable to assume it was the woman, that’s what you were meant to believe. Yes it was fairly obvious that was going to be the twist but the viewers were definitely supposed to believe she was undercover. 

Its possjble she is undercover too though. Personally don’t believe that’s the case after last night. 
  • The Caddy is one of the few "deceased" officers whose funeral, memorial or grave we have not yet seen. (He gave a "dying statement", we saw him "shot", but did we actually see him pass away?)

Which makes this piece of publicity all the more interesting... 

• doesn't look like Dot to me.
  • Sponsored links:

• edited April 2019

But what about this publicity shot? One minute Arnott is enjoying some Northern Soul dancing, the next he's getting threatened by Dot Cottan and challenged to a Northern Soul dance-off

• Anyway, I thought Arnott was taking pain-killers for his back, yet here he is giving it large on the dance floor

• Chizz said:
    The Caddy is one of the few "deceased" officers whose funeral, memorial or grave we have not yet seen. (He gave a "dying statement", we saw him "shot", but did we actually see him pass away?)

Which makes this piece of publicity all the more interesting... 

could be for a flashback maybe. 
  • Bag 'o shyte.

Oh. And the guilty party is DCI Fleming.

Is DI Fleming married? Does her maiden name begin with H?
    Fleming is her married name, they had split (series 2 I think) but last night seemed to show they're back together.
    Maybe her maiden name is H?
    I believe it was ‘casually’ dropped in last series that her middle name begins with H, something is telling me it’s Helen
    It can't be her because Dot's dying declaration was to her. I mean, was he really letting her in on the secret she was the dodgy top dog?? 
  • Those stills I posted are from the film SoulBoy. The whole thing is on Youtube and if you wind through to about 20 minutes from the end there really is a Northern Soul dance off between Martin Compston (Arnott) and Craig Parkinson (Dot Cottan).
  • rikofold said:
    Bag 'o shyte.

Oh. And the guilty party is DCI Fleming.

Is DI Fleming married? Does her maiden name begin with H?
    Fleming is her married name, they had split (series 2 I think) but last night seemed to show they're back together.
    Maybe her maiden name is H?
    I believe it was ‘casually’ dropped in last series that her middle name begins with H, something is telling me it’s Helen
    It can't be her because Dot's dying declaration was to her. I mean, was he really letting her in on the secret she was the dodgy top dog?? 
    Who says he knew who the top dog was?
  • Binged season 4 last, so basically watched from the beginning to the start of the new series in a week.
    I've already seen it before but I'm still a bit jealous.
  • Sponsored links:

• Chizz said:
    hawksmoor said:
    Those stills I posted are from the film SoulBoy. The whole thing is on Youtube and if you wind through to about 20 minutes from the end there really is a Northern Soul dance off between Martin Compston (Arnott) and Craig Parkinson (Dot Cottan).
    Thanks for that, Hawksmoor... 

Or... should we call you... H? 
    I think we've established that Hilton was H, so take my photo off the board now, please.
  • Wish I had rewatched it before this series started, or at least season 4 anyway as i was trying to remember what had happened with the likes of Hilton etc...

Such a good show. Best British drama I can remember anyway.
  • haven't seen any of the previous 4 seasons and know I won't ever get round to watching them, but watched the first episode of the new series last night and thought it was pretty good.

the little scouse fella (Stephen Graham?) is a quality actor

• haven't seen any of the previous 4 seasons and know I won't ever get round to watching them, but watched the first episode of the new series last night and thought it was pretty good.

the little scouse fella (Stephen Graham?) is a quality actor

You should really find the time! Without meaning to be rude you will not understand Season 5 IMO without watching previous series. 
  • Agree. Also it feels like we have seen the characters go through so much etc. feel much more connected with them than many other series imo
  • maybe if I went a week without any sleep that might work
  • You don't have to start series 5 now though.

I never saw 1-3, but 4 looked really good.
    So while everyone else started 4, i started from series 1. Took about 4 or 5 weeks to catch up and I watched the final episode of series 4 'live' with everyone else.
  • Agree. Also it feels like we have seen the characters go through so much etc. feel much more connected with them than many other series imo
    Yeah i definitely want Steve to succeed after watching his development through the 4 series. If you watched it now without seeing the others, you'd probably find him to be a busy little know-it-all. 

Yeah i definitely want Steve to succeed after watching his development through the 4 series. If you watched it now without seeing the others, you'd probably find him to be a busy little know-it-all. 

Agreed. It’s gone full circle as that’s how you felt after the first couple of episodes too.