Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Line of Duty

Comments

• Well, I wasn't expecting that...
  • Nor was I. Excellent 1st episode.
  • Very good
  • Excellent viewing with a stellar cast with twists a plenty great show
  • edited March 2016
    Disappointed with the first new episode .. too frantic, rushed, too 'robocop' (for a foreign audience perhaps),seemed under rehearsed .. but I dare say it will settle down as the story progresses

SORRY: Have deleted most comments as they are potential 'spoilers'
  • I thought it was good. Won't put any spoilers up for those that haven't seen it but lots more to come out (text message, what role will The Caddy play etc), still five episodes to go :0)
  • I wasn't sure about series 2 and found it a tad heavy going ( probably because I'm usually watching with one eye on CL)

But episode 1 of series 3 has really whetted my appetite !
  • with the start of the 3rd series we realised we missed the 2nd, so we watched all 6 episodes last night, now start the 3rd.
  • Yet more excellent drama from the bbc. Intrigued about the text message.
  • Not much competition admittedly but best thing on TV for me at the moment.
  • Sponsored links:

• Don't worry about spoilers..:just watch the bloody One Show.
  • Daniel Mays sat behind a few of us in the North upper for the Orient cup match a few years back. Fantastic actor.
  • Just watched it.
    Set up nicely and that ending !!!

• Series 5 starts tonight. 
    I have loved LOD since it started, well actually I only came to it at Series 2 but have seen all of them now. Really thought this was going to be the last series and everything would be tied up but must admit I am a bit disappointed to hear series 6 has been commissioned and it may not stop there according to one of it's stars Adrian Dunbar in an interview yesterday. Personally I like an ending. 
  • Looking forward to it
  • Rewatching them all at the moment on iplayer- superb stuff.
  • If you’ve not seen them before. Do try to watch series 1-4 first before you get started on the new ones. It’ll be worth it.

• That theme music, makes my hair stand on end.
  • Quite jealous of couple people at work who had never watched it so they have binge watched the first four series over last two weeks. 
  • MrOneLung said:
    Quite jealous of couple people at work who had never watched it so they have binge watched the first four series over last two weeks. 
    I much prefer to wait before wathing series personally. Binge watchinf 4 series and you don't get the cliffhangers as such. 

I agree with Riviera though, 1 more season would have been enough. It's well written and acted, and has been a superb series, but I fear they will overdo it. Unless they are tying up the current plot this series and will do something slightly different next time?
  • Sponsored links:

• enjoy this series .. so many fictional police die though .. on a par with 'civilians' in Midsomer Murders ((:>) 
  • Just finishing series 3, absolutely hooked. Best British drama I think I’ve watched.
  • Just finishing series 3, absolutely hooked. Best British drama I think I’ve watched.
    You're in for a treat season 4
  • Series 4 is so well done. 
  • Completely overlooked this up to now but thought I'd give it a go tonight after listening to an interview with the creator, who also did Bodyguard apparently. But noting what people say there about viewing earlier series first. Trouble is, that's a lot of telly for me to get through. 

What if I record tonight and watch series 4 first?
  • Very well done. I dont want to spoil anything so cant say much more. But i think the 1st series and 4th are the best. 
  • Yep - series 4 was quality.

Season 5 sneak peak before MOTD last night was properly tense. 
  • Completely overlooked this up to now but thought I'd give it a go tonight after listening to an interview with the creator, who also did Bodyguard apparently. But noting what people say there about viewing earlier series first. Trouble is, that's a lot of telly for me to get through. 

Problem with that is that series 4 is even better having watched 1-3  ;)

Each series relies on characters that re-appear from the previous (or earlier) series.  It's *really* worth starting from the first series.  
  • Steven Graham in this series. Can only add value.