Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

CAFC tattoos

12345679»

Comments

• Options
    I need mine touched up, you can probably notice by my profile pic that the red on the banner has completely faded and there's some fading in the sword. Does anyone know how much this would cost? Wondering if it's worth doing or just getting a new one?
  • Options
    £40/50 ish to have it smartened up.

I've been going to `In ink we trust' at the top of Eltham high st. and they quite flexible on pricing.
    I'm just off to Belfast in an hour but when I get back i'll ask what they advise.
  • Options
    Thanks
  • Options
    Got mine done at Ricky and Pinky's parlour in Hong Kong. Used to be quite famous one and packed out with servicemen when they came into port.

Just wished I had given it some actual thought rather than turning up after an afternoon's drinking and decided I wanted something to remind me of living there during the Handover.

How they tattoed me I have no idea, I was steaming.

• Options
    Actually I might have already told this story in this thread... Its too long to read back but if so apologies for repeating myself.
  • Options

I need mine touched up, you can probably notice by my profile pic that the red on the banner has completely faded and there's some fading in the sword. Does anyone know how much this would cost? Wondering if it's worth doing or just getting a new one?

Think your on the wrong forum lol, seriously mines fading a bit would be interested to know how much to 're colour.I got mine done in Thailand so would probably cost more than the actual tattoo
  • Options
    Curb_It said:

Got mine done at Ricky and Pinky's parlour in Hong Kong. Used to be quite famous one and packed out with servicemen when they came into port.

Just wished I had given it some actual thought rather than turning up after an afternoon's drinking and decided I wanted something to remind me of living there during the Handover.

How they tattoed me I have no idea, I was steaming.

What does Tav think of the tattoo of Chris Patten ?
  • Options
    Finally got my dates for 'dotstolines' can not wait

• Options
    Haha that made me chuckle!! Chris Patten and Prince Charles in a headlock. Would have been good.

Forgot to say its just a union jack split in half with HK97.
  • Options

Is it a new one or been around a while, can your tat be put right or is it too wrong to fix, did you say it too them at the time

I find that the good ones have real long waiting lists and this allows the others to take those who really don't want to wait, if anyone is considering getting a piece done and can wait I'd suggest going to a tattoo convention and there's loads through out the year and seeing first hand who can do what and how long their studios have on their waiting list

If you don't mind travelling for a tattoo then I can really recommend Robs tattoos in Bradford top guy and seriously good, in London I would only visit New Wave muswell hill, I ain't saying every where else is rubbish Far from it, just passing on some sound recommendations of places to trust, the artists are bang on the hygiene first class and the people real sincere and professional

Not new, had it for about ten years.

The 'funny' thing is that when I walked out it was pretty much perfect.

The problem is with the letters and that they shrunk soon after. Various tattoo studios have said the same thing in that the tattoo was too small and they did not allow for shrinkage.

Just as well that I had it on my upper arm and not forearm so not staring at it every day. Otherwise I reckon I would have had amputation!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    You'd be amazed at what a great artist could do with a cover up. They could give you the tattoo of your dreams and go straight over the top of the one you hate.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Can't really see it Sadie, we might need an ahem close up...
  • Options
    If you're getting a cover tattoo then make sure you get your head around the fact that it will increase the size of the original tattoo by a considerable size, that you need to allow the artist to have full licence to create the new image once you have agreed on an idea, and make sure that you are ready for a much larger tattoo than you ever considered previous when you went for the original ink
  • Options

If you're getting a cover tattoo then make sure you get your head around the fact that it will increase the size of the original tattoo by a considerable size, that you need to allow the artist to have full licence to create the new image once you have agreed on an idea, and make sure that you are ready for a much larger tattoo than you ever considered previous when you went for the original ink

Not sure I want to go much bigger, the other half hates it as it is, if he had his way he'd cut it off himself lol
  • Options
    Getting them touched up and colour re introduced is one option, however if the ink has started to spread, and fine line work is now bigger and fatter then that may not work

If you are going to cover it up you need to anticipate a tattoo double the size of the one you have
  • Options
    I am a big tattoo fan. Its surprising what you can do these days. Saw this online....Not that I am bald but when I do go that way then I am getting a hair tattoo... Anyone else

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-3061004/Would-HAIR-TATTOO-Balding-men-turning-new-procedure-create-illusion-shaved-head.html
  • Options

I am a big tattoo fan. Its surprising what you can do these days. Saw this online....Not that I am bald but when I do go that way then I am getting a hair tattoo... Anyone else

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-3061004/Would-HAIR-TATTOO-Balding-men-turning-new-procedure-create-illusion-shaved-head.html

I'm up for that, but I might just get a sword with a snake around it instead....
  • Options
    Saw someone yesterday in Whitstable with the England Lions and Addicks above it tattooed on his leg, anyone on here?
  • Options

Saw someone yesterday in Whitstable with the England Lions and Addicks above it tattooed on his leg, anyone on here?

He's now banned on here.
  • Options

He's now banned on here.
    Who?
  • Options

He's now banned on here.
    Who?
    That bastard.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    CAFCsayer said:

If all goes to plan with savings and get holiday paid off in time I'll be getting this in a couple of months time.
    Across my ribs, with the full VFR lyrics as the writing.

@CAFCsayer Having a look at some tattoo threads and this caught my eye - absolutely quality idea.

Did it happen in the end?
  • Options

CAFCsayer said:

If all goes to plan with savings and get holiday paid off in time I'll be getting this in a couple of months time.
    Across my ribs, with the full VFR lyrics as the writing.

@CAFCsayer Having a look at some tattoo threads and this caught my eye - absolutely quality idea.

Did it happen in the end?
    It didn't unfortunately... Didn't get the money together and was at uni. Working full time now though and it's all drawn out and ready, it'll come eventually.
  • Options
    @CAFCsayer done it yet?
  • Options
    @cafc999 had a rather good mid-life crises tat done recently.
  • Options
    @cafc999 had a rather good mid-life crises tat done recently.
    Pic?
  • Options

I think I can see his winky.
    Unusual for a woman to have hairy knockers.
  • Options
    edited May 2019
    My Charlton tatoo is too pathetic to show, but needless to say, when I played football, my nickname was Dettol because that is the symbol it looks like on my arm. I keep meaning to have it improved but I have also grown fond of it as part of me.

My football nickname did evolve into 'Chopper' but I maintain that is more to do with what team mates saw in the dressing room rather than my playing style. That is my story and i'm sticking to it.