Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

CAFC tattoos

Comments

• Options

They look horrible. You do realise one day you will be old !

Great big tat and a Tommy Tippee beaker in the background. The new Modern Man :-)

as the skin starts to sag your tats will look shit,not had any more tats done for thirty years and now most are black blobs all done at good tatooists at the time with non fadeing ink,my arse

• Options
    I'm not so fussed about that, il just get more done in white ink.
  • Options
    Yeah got the call I have been waiting for yesterday

Going in for 6 hr session on the 30th July
  • Options
    dancafc said:

Mine done by Graham

sorry but I just don't get it--Rangers Charlton,unless you have some Scotish conection,defo not for me

• Options
    Drummed into my head as a young kid by my uncle who was northern Irish massive rangers fan
  • Options
    dancafc said:

Drummed into my head as a young kid by my uncle who was northern Irish massive rangers fan

Unfortunately a lot of people do it not for the family/sentimental connection but because of right wing political connections. Each to their own but am not a fan because of the latter reason, well executed tattoo though.
  • Options
    Thank you very much Sadie I'm not into the other stuff that goes with it it's just the club
  • Options
    dancafc said:

Thank you very much Sadie I'm not into the other stuff that goes with it it's just the club

Nor are a lot of people very wrong for people to stereo type IMHO!!!!

• Options

dancafc said:

Unfortunately a lot of people do it not for the family/sentimental connection but because of right wing political connections. Each to their own but am not a fan because of the latter reason, well executed tattoo though.
    Right wing? Or loyalist or maybe because they're a club proud of their British roots. Stereotype away though.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    So aren't all British clubs proud of their British roots ?

Have you got all English & Scottish club tattoos ?
  • Options

dancafc said:

Right wing? Or loyalist or maybe because they're a club proud of their British roots. Stereotype away though.
    I don't think I stereotyped at all there. But please tell me the exact reason why some may think rangers are more patriotic than Celtic or any other Scottish/English clubs?

A stereo type is saying or assuming ALL in a particular group ARE something. I never said that. I said a lot of people etc etc.

A stereo type would be saying "all rangers fans are racists", I never said that.
  • Options
    You never said that correct but you indicated a lot which is more or less stereo typing which ever way you look at it

• Options

You never said that correct but you indicated a lot which is more or less stereo typing which ever way you look at it

Eh... No it's not!

If I say a lot of Charlton supporters are lifers am I stereotyping all Charlton supporters as forum users?

I said there is a connection with right wing political views, which is fact, there are SOME people that have no connections to Scotland at all that choose to follow rangers because they say they are more vocal and open about their lets say...pride of Britain.

• Options

dancafc said:

I don't think I stereotyped at all there. But please tell me the exact reason why some may think rangers are more patriotic than Celtic or any other Scottish/English clubs?

A stereo type is saying or assuming ALL in a particular group ARE something. I never said that. I said a lot of people etc etc.

A stereo type would be saying "all rangers fans are racists", I never said that.
    Okay but personally i dont agree - I would say that saying "a lot of people do it for right wing political connections" is a stereotype, just like if I said "most women are bad drivers" - which I don't believe btw.

Celtic could never be called patriotic to Britain could they. Their anti-britishness is clear to see throughout the club.

Maybe some other Scottish clubs are patriotic but they don't openly display it like Rangers do.

• Options
    I take it that Salmon and his cohorts are not a Rangers fans then.
  • Options

dancafc said:

Okay but personally i dont agree - I would say that saying "a lot of people do it for right wing political connections" is a stereotype, just like if I said "most women are bad drivers" - which I don't believe btw.

Celtic could never be called patriotic to Britain could they. Their anti-britishness is clear to see throughout the club.

Maybe some other Scottish clubs are patriotic but they don't openly display it like Rangers do.

Ok, fair enough, like I said each to their own, I wasn't trying to cause an argument I was saying what I was told by someone who is by their own admission a BNP voting skinhead that like rangers and Millwall that the reason they support rangers is as I stated, he told me that a lot of people support rangers for that reason.

I want to also add that this person is not a friend of mine simply a big mouthed repair man that I stupidly asked about his twin tattoo.
  • Options
    For the record I believe all women are bad drivers and will be getting a tattoo to demonstrate this.
  • Options

Eh... No it's not!

If I say a lot of Charlton supporters are lifers am I stereotyping all Charlton supporters as forum users?

I said there is a connection with right wing political views, which is fact, there are SOME people that have no connections to Scotland at all that choose to follow rangers because they say they are more vocal and open about their lets say...pride of Britain.

Pride has F all to do with the right Wing

So now your saying anyone proud to be British is right wing

• Options

Eh... No it's not!

Pride has F all to do with the right Wing

So now your saying anyone proud to be British is right wing

You know full well what I'm talking about I am not saying on here. There is a difference in the way we as people demonstrate our pride and our ideas of a perfect Britain I'm leaving it at that you are going to jump on the defensive whatever I say.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Surely you have to acknowledge that a large number of the English who 'support/follow' Rangers as well as an English team do so because of Loyalist reasons.
  • Options
    Michael Morrison has a tattoo, guess where?
  • Options
    I didn't know my tattoo was gonna stir all this up im so glad I didn't put my charlton nf and rangers bnp tattoo's on here lol
  • Options
    Great post NLA.
  • Options
    Fantastic post NLA!
  • Options
    Great post nla. I've had dreadlocks for 11 years and know all about stereotyping and receiving grief from family to random ppl on the street.
  • Options
    Shine, did you get told off by an old fella at Charlton Station for wearing your colours to Millwall at home 2 years ago?
  • Options
    Great Post NLA.

Now dig out those heels and mini skirt, and we'll see you in the Lib for the Colchester game. Its ok mate, we accept you.
  • Options

Shine, did you get told off by an old fella at Charlton Station for wearing your colours to Millwall at home 2 years ago?

Nah not me, I'm proper plastic.. I only come out for the big games ;).