Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

New Tv series (REMEMBER: No Spoilers)

Comments

• Options
    I'm surprised that the French cops don't seem to carry out proper interviews & don't record the interviews (that I've seen). 
    Interesting observation. I don't know if we can be sure they are not recorded, but they certainly seem less formal. But the other thing is the role of the prosecutor in interviewing suspects, which I can't say I fully understand (as a system). Anyway I'm going to pay closer attention to the interview scenes from now on.
  • Options
    edited October 2019
    I'm surprised that the French cops don't seem to carry out proper interviews & don't record the interviews (that I've seen). 
    Interesting observation. I don't know if we can be sure they are not recorded, but they certainly seem less formal. But the other thing is the role of the prosecutor in interviewing suspects, which I can't say I fully understand (as a system). Anyway I'm going to pay closer attention to the interview scenes from now on.
    They also appear to keep all the stored evidence in a room next door to their office. Unbelievably unsecure.
    Plus they fight and start "love making" whilst on stake outs.
    Thoroughly enjoyable, but never seen such an amateurish shambles.
    I'm not sure if Spiral is supposed to be realistic  ?
  • Options
    edited October 2019
    They also appear to keep all the stored evidence in a room next door to their office. Unbelievably unsecure.
    Then again I doubt they've locked up 4 innocent people from Guildford, shot an unarmed man in Tottenham or been convinced a loner from Fulham was capable of killing Jill Dando.
  • Options
    See that the Watchmen series starts on Sky Atlantic on Monday night. Hopefully will be decent
  • Options
    Then again I doubt they've locked up 4 innocent people from Guildford, shot an unarmed man in Tottenham or been convinced a loner from Fulham was capable of killing Jill Dando.
    Probably because they’re too busy beating up the Gilet Jaunes every weekend.
  • Options
    World on Fire has been very watchable, if a little clichéd, so far. 
  • Options
    Dublin Murders

anyone got a clue what is going on ?
  • Options
    edited October 2019
    Watched The Sopranos, never watched it before but decided to, was a very good show but what a shit ending by just cutting to a black screen.

I did read an interview by the creator who said that Tony died, just bloody show him dying then dont just cut out to a black screen
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:
    Dublin Murders

I've read rave reviews and was starting to regret not recording it..but maybe I won't bother if that's how you have found it so far. I have enough trouble keeping a grip on Line of Duty...
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    MrOneLung said:
    Dublin Murders

Yes.

Back in 1985 3 kids went into some woods.....only 1 came out. That kid is now the lead detective on a murder case involving a teenage girl found dead in the same woods.....and she is the daughter of another group of (older) kids who were friends with the 3 other kids back in 1985.

The older kids have got a story to tell about what happened back in 1985.....but arent saying anything just yet.

The female detective lost her parents in a car crash & to cope with her grief dreamt up a (malevolent) twin.  She used this "twin"'s identity when she went undercover a few years back. Someone now using this identity had been found murdered....and the female detective is going to go back to using this identity to sniff out the perpetrator, pretending that she did not die & is in fact alive & well.

• Options
    MrOneLung said:
    Dublin Murders

Yes.

Back in 1985 3 kids went into some woods.....only 1 came out. That kid is now the lead detective on a murder case involving a teenage girl found dead in the same woods.....and she is the daughter of another group of (older) kids who were friends with the 3 other kids back in 1985.

The older kids have got a story to tell about what happened back in 1985.....but arent saying anything just yet.

The female detective lost her parents in a car crash & to cope with her grief dreamt up a (malevolent) twin.  She used this "twin"'s identity when she went undercover a few years back. Someone now using this identity had been found murdered....and the female detective is going to go back to using this identity to sniff out the perpetrator, pretending that she did not die & is in fact alive & well.

Blimers ! Great synopsis, golfie ! We've  watched all episodes thus far & feel a tad underwhelmed....

Has anyone seen the 1st episode of Watchmen on Sky Atlantic ? This is repeated tonight at 10pm ....

Knew nothing about the DC comic/characters etc but worth watching another episode to see where it's going  &  have googled it via Wikipedia to get a bit of a handle on it. 
  • Options
    edited October 2019
    Nordic Noir fans the second series of The Team starts on More 4 on 1 November. 
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:
    Dublin Murders

Yes.

Agreed, but how was someone using the identity ?
  • Options
    you know, as a Brit abroad i would gladly pay twice the licence fee for a digital subscription to the BBC. But they claim its too difficult. So i have a huge satellite dish. But bad weather, either over there or here, shafts the signal. So i dont have recordings of last weeks Spiral. So I go to Iplayer using my VPN. But the BBC spend loads of time and money in a cat
    and mouse game with VPNs and tonight they are winning. 

But anyway, the weather did allow me to record Giri/Haji so I watched episode 1 of that, and rather enjoyed it. Stylish, is the word for it I think. 
  • Options
    The second episode of Giri/Haji is more conventional but I'm enjoying it. Especially the injections of humour. 
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:
    Dublin Murders

Yes.

Blimers ! Great synopsis, golfie ! We've  watched all episodes thus far & feel a tad underwhelmed....

Has anyone seen the 1st episode of Watchmen on Sky Atlantic ? This is repeated tonight at 10pm ....

Knew nothing about the DC comic/characters etc but worth watching another episode to see where it's going  &  have googled it via Wikipedia to get a bit of a handle on it. 
    Yeah I understand all what you have said golfie but what the hell is going on !!!!

1 - we are 4 episodes in with no knowledge of what the older kids were up to when the younger kids went missing

2 - how did someone not only steal the coppers undercover persona, but also looked like their twin?

3 - do the police not check the ID of people when they join the police force? How has the copper who was one of the original kids managed to get past security checks?

4 - what has caused ‘he rises’ man to go nutty?

5 - do we think Adam/ Rob killed the kids originally? 

6 - what the hell is going on !!!!
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:
    MrOneLung said:
    Dublin Murders

Yes.

Yeah I understand all what you have said golfie but what the hell is going on !!!!

1 - we are 4 episodes in with no knowledge of what the older kids were up to when the younger kids went missing

2 - how did someone not only steal the coppers undercover persona, but also looked like their twin?

3 - do the police not check the ID of people when they join the police force? How has the copper who was one of the original kids managed to get past security checks?

4 - what has caused ‘he rises’ man to go nutty?

5 - do we think Adam/ Rob killed the kids originally? 

6 - what the hell is going on !!!!
    If we knew the answers we wouldnt need episodes 5 6,7 & 8.

FWIW.......

1) will find THAT out in episode 7 or 8 I would assume. That's the whole point of a thriller. ...you dont find out until the end

2) She didnt have a twin....that was all in her mind. Lexi was the name she gave her imaginary friend & so used it when she went undercover. Probably whoever or whatever she was involved with at that time is trying to get back at her 

3) Probably changed his name by deed poll or some such way 

4) probably something he did or saw that day in the woods.

5) No.
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:
    Dublin Murders

I've read rave reviews and was starting to regret not recording it..but maybe I won't bother if that's how you have found it so far. I have enough trouble keeping a grip on Line of Duty...
    Dublin Murders is very enjoyable and as Golfie’s accurate synopsis shows it’s not that hard to follow and the fact we are four episodes in and yet don’t really have a scoobies what is going on is fantastic. It’s gripping and well worth watching in my opinion.
  • Options
    you know, as a Brit abroad i would gladly pay twice the licence fee for a digital subscription to the BBC. But they claim its too difficult. So i have a huge satellite dish. But bad weather, either over there or here, shafts the signal. So i dont have recordings of last weeks Spiral. So I go to Iplayer using my VPN. But the BBC spend loads of time and money in a cat

But anyway, the weather did allow me to record Giri/Haji so I watched episode 1 of that, and rather enjoyed it. Stylish, is the word for it I think. 

Loving it. All episodes available on iplayer.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Yes. IPlayer. And therein lies my problem. Grrrrr. Need good weather for the dish:-(
  • Options
    Watched The Sopranos, never watched it before but decided to, was a very good show but what a shit ending by just cutting to a black screen.

I did read an interview by the creator who said that Tony died, just bloody show him dying then dont just cut out to a black screen
    I think it's brilliant, people are still talking about whether Tony died (clearly did IMHO) 12 years on, I love that they left the clues but it's open to interpretation. 
  • Options

I think it's brilliant, people are still talking about whether Tony died (clearly did IMHO) 12 years on, I love that they left the clues but it's open to interpretation. 

Loved the Sopranos.For anybody interested

For the first time in the UK and to mark the show’s 20th anniversary, three of The Soprano’s biggest characters Steven Schirripa (Bobby ‘Bacala’), Michael Imperioli (Christopher Moltisanti) and Vincent Pastore (‘Big Pussy’ Bonpensiero) will take to the road for twelve exclusive ‘In Conversation’ shows in May 2020.

Nearly two decades after it faded to black in a Jersey diner with the jukebox playing "Don't Stop Believin'," The Sopranos remains the standard all ambitious TV aspires to meet. This is a unique one off opportunity to relive one of the most legendary shows of all time.

Tickets are on sale now, quite pricey if you want to add on the meet and greet after the show.

• Options
    OK I know this is sacrilege, but there is a very good BT sport film about the Crystal Palace team in the 70s.  It's called The Team Of The 80s. (It does make sense if you watch the film).

It is not all bad, you get to see the Palace relegated several times.  It 'stars' Malcolm Allison, Terry Venables, Vince Hilaire,  Paul Hinshelwood, Steve Kember, John Burridge, Jim Cannon, Billy Gilbert,  David Swindlehurst, Kenny Sansom and others.

It serves as a great reminder of the time where characters were allowed to be ... well, characters.  Malcolm Allison certainly pulled some stunts. Warning, you need to get through the first annoying few minutes ...

It can be viewed here on line, (not sure about subscription rules) https://sport.bt.com/bt-sport-films-01364341749775 or if you search 'bt sport films' on your planner it is episode 51.  
  • Options

I thought there was a paid for service for those overseas? In the UK BBC and ITV have launched Britbox which is a paid service, surprised that's not an option.
  • Options
    Glovepup said:

I thought there was a paid for service for those overseas? In the UK BBC and ITV have launched Britbox which is a paid service, surprised that's not an option.
    They dropped it. One reason was that it had a very limited choice. Nothing like IPlayer. I would never have found Spiral there. Nor will I find it on Britbox, I'm sure of that. They say the problem is "rights issues". However, if they offered a digital subscription they would know exactly how many extra viewers they would need to cover in rights negotiations. They'd rather spend the money blocking VPNs. 

It really is a farce, because usually for drama series I end up downloading illegal streams. I got series 1-4 of Line of Duty in one hit. But I would rather pay. Eventually some of the series I like appear on ITunes...eventually. 

Funny old digital world, innit?
  • Options
    Watching Succession on Sky Atlantic. Drama series on a media dynasty. Very good, especially Season 2. Won tons of awards. Ensemble cast but Brian Cox is brilliant in it. 
  • Options
    Glovepup said:

They dropped it. One reason was that it had a very limited choice. Nothing like IPlayer. I would never have found Spiral there. Nor will I find it on Britbox, I'm sure of that. They say the problem is "rights issues". However, if they offered a digital subscription they would know exactly how many extra viewers they would need to cover in rights negotiations. They'd rather spend the money blocking VPNs. 

It really is a farce, because usually for drama series I end up downloading illegal streams. I got series 1-4 of Line of Duty in one hit. But I would rather pay. Eventually some of the series I like appear on ITunes...eventually. 

Funny old digital world, innit?
    Yeah odd! Sounds like they only did half a job.

I do get hold of a lot of the TV content that I watch and stream it via my Plex server to TV's in the house, also consume a lot of stuff on iPlayer and Netflix. 
  • Options
    Finally got around to watching The Capture last weekend. Watched three episodes at one go and really enjoyed it. Just hope the truths behind all those questions/weird things will not be disappointing as I found some plots hard to believe.