Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

New Tv series (REMEMBER: No Spoilers)

Comments

• Options
    Agree that Spotlight The Troubles has been revelatory in what it exposes really good documentary by the BBC
  • Options
    Please forgive me if this has already been mentioned but just finished binge watching all 10 episodes of City on a Hill - Sky Atlantic.

VERY good, with a sleazy FBI guy played by Kevin Bacon as one of the two main characters. 

All episodes can be downloaded now. 
    I watched the pilot some weeks ago and really loved it. I didn't like waiting for an episode every week so I didn't follow the series. I'll definitely pick it all up next month.
  • Options
    Jessie said:
    Please forgive me if this has already been mentioned but just finished binge watching all 10 episodes of City on a Hill - Sky Atlantic.

VERY good, with a sleazy FBI guy played by Kevin Bacon as one of the two main characters. 

I watched the pilot some weeks ago and really loved it. I didn't like waiting for an episode every week so I didn't follow the series. I'll definitely pick it all up next month.
    Think you'll enjoy it, Jessie.

( Hope you are well ! x)
  • Options
    Jessie said:
    Not started it yet but 'Unbelievable' on Netflix is getting some rave reviews.
    Just watched the first episode after having read some positive reviews. It's really depressing. Very good series and I'll keep watching.
      We're 5 in now. It's harrowing and very good at the same time.
  • Options
    Jessie said:

Think you'll enjoy it, Jessie.

( Hope you are well ! x)
    Thank you, dear Jean! I'm alright :) Hope you are well too :)

Jessie said:
    Not started it yet but 'Unbelievable' on Netflix is getting some rave reviews.
    Just watched the first episode after having read some positive reviews. It's really depressing. Very good series and I'll keep watching.
      We're 5 in now. It's harrowing and very good at the same time.
    I finished it last Sunday. I must admit I'm a soft person and shed a lot of tears watching this series. I loved the ending so much. The young actress who plays Marie did a wonderful job for the whole series I think.
  • Options

I 'm loving it
  • Options
    The Troubles documentary is excellent.
    Putting it out now in the light of current politics is an interesting decision.
  • Options
    A while ago when Series 5 of Line of Duty came out I admitted that i had never watched it, and @Chizz urged me to try and watch all the other series first. Best bit of homework anyone ever set me! So before i settle down to get to the end of Series 3 tonight, I thought I'd share with you this great Marina Hyde article that reveals that  Met Police head honcho Cressida Dick does not care for Jed Mercurio and all his works. Unfortunately for her, Mr Mercurio isn't intimidated by plod, and provides a highly robust response.  Mind you I did think that the police commissioner in Bodyguard was obviously meant to suggest Ms Dick, good lord, he even got Gina McKee to talk like her. 

Well worth a read.
  • Options
    Just finished Temple. Gonna contradict myself here, but found it weird and predictable.

Also, has anyone watched Das Boot? Watched a couple and thought it were quite good.

Also enjoyed the 3 series of The Tunnel. 
  • Options
    Just finished Temple. Gonna contradict myself here, but found it weird and predictable.

Also, has anyone watched Das Boot? Watched a couple and thought it were quite good.

I really liked the tunnel, I have never seen Stephen Dillane do a bad turn in anything 

Clemence Posey was excellent too, in fact everyone in that was good 

Watched the first couple of Das Boot and got bored 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    A while ago when Series 5 of Line of Duty came out I admitted that i had never watched it, and @Chizz urged me to try and watch all the other series first. Best bit of homework anyone ever set me! So before i settle down to get to the end of Series 3 tonight, I thought I'd share with you this great Marina Hyde article that reveals that  Met Police head honcho Cressida Dick does not care for Jed Mercurio and all his works. Unfortunately for her, Mr Mercurio isn't intimidated by plod, and provides a highly robust response.  Mind you I did think that the police commissioner in Bodyguard was obviously meant to suggest Ms Dick, good lord, he even got Gina McKee to talk like her. 

Well worth a read.
    Agree
  • Options
    Jessie said:

Just started watching it myself, really like it.
  • Options

Caught up with Temple last night. Missed the first 30 mins of the first episode but just about got the hang of it. Suspending disbelief that you can just drive in & out of a tunnel that is within a working tube station. 
  • Options
    After watching Capture, A Confession is proving slow and hard to watch.
  • Options

Well worth a read.
    That’s a great article, superb responses by Mercurio. 
  • Options
    mendonca said:
    After watching Capture, A Confession is proving slow and hard to watch.
    A Confession is based on real life......it actually happened. I thought the last episode when they were at trial was harrowing.....as was when the FLO had to show the family the pictures of her in the ground. Made me well up......
  • Options
    Really enjoying The Capture.
  • Options
    Absolutely gripped by The Capture
  • Options
    Really enjoying The Capture.
    yeah - not sure what is going on though !!
  • Options
    Advice. If you watch Charlton play again like they did on Saturday, and then follow it up in the evening by watching a series finale of Line of Duty, do not expect an early night's sleep. I wouldn't know but I imagine its much the same effect as knocking back three Jaegerbombs and a line of coke. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Copper is set in New York in the 1860′s and revolves around Kevin Corcoran, a tough yet decent police detective, who returns from war to find his wife missing and his daughter dead, on Alibi.
  • Options
    I like a bit of factual, 'real' stuff .. new on BBC2 on Mondays: 'What Britain Buys and Sells in a Day' .. fascinating and some jaw dropping stats .. Ed Balls is surprisingly good as a presenter
    Also still enjoying the odd episode of 'Who do You Think You Are' as well as the 2 fictional 'Cs' .. The Capture and The Confession 
  • Options
    I like a bit of factual, 'real' stuff .. new on BBC2 on Mondays: 'What Britain Buys and Sells in a Day' .. fascinating and some jaw dropping stats .. Ed Balls is surprisingly good as a presenter
    Also still enjoying the odd episode of 'Who do You Think You Are' as well as the 2 fictional 'Cs' .. The Capture and The Confession 
    The Confession isn't fictional
  • Options

fiction based on fact .. or are you saying all the conversations and incidents are verbatim and factual ?
  • Options

fiction based on fact .. or are you saying all the conversations and incidents are verbatim and factual ?

Well it's a true "story". Look it up. 
  • Options

what in 'fiction based on fact' don't you understand ? .. I KNOW the background is true, but I, no more than you do know how much fiction has been added to give it dramatic credence .. end of .. get back to your discussions about Leko's performance and rating 
  • Options

what in 'fiction based on fact' don't you understand ? .. I KNOW the background is true, but I, no more than you do know how much fiction has been added to give it dramatic credence .. end of .. get back to your discussions about Leko's performance and rating 
    Why do you feel the need to be so rude? 
  • Options

Why do you feel the need to be so rude? 
    I was answering a response from @LargeAddick .. if you wish to avoid having your feelings hurt, keep out of other people's issues .. and.. you think that's rude ? .. you should hear me during our games
  • Options
    I think 'Dark' might be amongst the best things I have ever watched on TV
    @Leroy Ambrose thought you'd like it.

It has a certain 'Lost' quality don't you think?
    Well that's put me off right there.

Take a half-baked idea, add intrigue, promise and disillusion and simmer relentlessly until completely baked
    Nothing like Lost. Time travel, yes - but not remotely formulaic. Season 1 was great - season 2 is an absolute mindfuck and - unlike Lost, you can clearly see that its been written to last three seasons, as lots of what happened in S1 that was pretty inexplicable now makes a lot of sense. Its extremely clever - but the acting and story elevates it above just 'clever for the sake of it'. 

Just rewatched S1 and S2 and more of it makes sense on the second viewing.

Up there with the best TV series I've ever seen. 
    Just finished binge watching series 1.
    Yep, I'm hooked - will launch straight into series 2.
    3 series is probably about right for this sort of thing imo, otherwise it ends up like a soap opera or they run out of ideas and botch the ending.
  • Options
    I think 'Dark' might be amongst the best things I have ever watched on TV
    @Leroy Ambrose thought you'd like it.

It has a certain 'Lost' quality don't you think?
    Well that's put me off right there.

Take a half-baked idea, add intrigue, promise and disillusion and simmer relentlessly until completely baked
    Nothing like Lost. Time travel, yes - but not remotely formulaic. Season 1 was great - season 2 is an absolute mindfuck and - unlike Lost, you can clearly see that its been written to last three seasons, as lots of what happened in S1 that was pretty inexplicable now makes a lot of sense. Its extremely clever - but the acting and story elevates it above just 'clever for the sake of it'. 

Just rewatched S1 and S2 and more of it makes sense on the second viewing.

Up there with the best TV series I've ever seen. 
    Just finished binge watching series 1.
    Yep, I'm hooked - will launch straight into series 2.
    3 series is probably about right for this sort of thing imo, otherwise it ends up like a soap opera or they run out of ideas and botch the ending.
    Get ready to have your mind blown throughout... And at the end :D