Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

New Tv series (REMEMBER: No Spoilers)

Comments

• Options
    Finished Manifest. Shit.
    We couldn’t even finish the first episode. 
    Missed the first episode but watched the 2nd. Think I'll leave it there.

However  that was further than I got with FBI, that started on Sky One last night. Got about 20 mins on & gave up. Most of the dialogue was unintelligible & the plot ridiculous (apartment building blown up enough for it to come crashing down like the twin towers yet the FBI were in the ruins & identifying people within minutes).
  • Options
    Started watching The Boys on Netflix other day, highly rated by my mates - 3 eps in n pretty good so far. Fun and easy to watch.
  • Options
    We're currently working our way through a new Sky Atlantic series " Der Pass " - German with English subtitles.

Thoroughly enjoying it & would totally recommend giving it a go.
    What's the storyline? 

Based very flimsily on The Bridge and The Tunnel ie a body found straddling the border between Germany and Austria.

But IMO it offers so much more than that.Characters are well drawn especially the odd bod Austrian detective .

It held our interest throughout and binge watched the last 3 episodes.
    Sounds right up my street and will enjoy the location, hope I can get my hands on it. 
  • Options
    I think 'Dark' might be amongst the best things I have ever watched on TV
    @Leroy Ambrose thought you'd like it.

It has a certain 'Lost' quality don't you think?
    Well that's put me off right there.

Take a half-baked idea, add intrigue, promise and disillusion and simmer relentlessly until completely baked
    Nothing like Lost. Time travel, yes - but not remotely formulaic. Season 1 was great - season 2 is an absolute mindfuck and - unlike Lost, you can clearly see that its been written to last three seasons, as lots of what happened in S1 that was pretty inexplicable now makes a lot of sense. Its extremely clever - but the acting and story elevates it above just 'clever for the sake of it'. 

Just rewatched S1 and S2 and more of it makes sense on the second viewing.

Up there with the best TV series I've ever seen. 
  • Options
    University Challenge is back .. here's your starter for 10
    I'm thinking of trying this out but do I need to catch up on the previous 50 years of episodes first? I saw a few minutes the other day and it didn't make much sense.
  • Options
    Just started watching Mindhunter season 2. Quite good. I still have to skip the disturbing opening credits though like I did when watching the first season two years ago😂
  • Options
    Never realised Mortimer and Whitehouse Gone fishing was back for a second series.

Brilliant!
  • Options
    Anything but new TV........but I'm 'working' from home today. ITV4 is on........
    Minder then The Sweeney then The Professionals then The Saint then Kojak then Quincy......proper telly
  • Options
    Finished Manifest. Shit.
    We couldn’t even finish the first episode. 
    Struggled through to episode 6 with a grim determination to see it through to my imagined conclusion of episode 8. 

However, a quick google revealed there are actually 16 episodes ffs.  There is literally nothing happening now that advances the story.  What are they thinking??  I was gonna jump to episode 16 to see how it ends ... except I now read there is to be a series 2.  I now suspect this is to be the updated equivalent of Coronation Street.  I'm bailing now before my brain loses even more grey matter.
  • Options
    Jessie said:
    Just started watching Mindhunter season 2. Quite good. I still have to skip the disturbing opening credits though like I did when watching the first season two years ago😂

I love the credits, that intro music is one of the few theme tunes I don’t skip.

I’m a few episodes in, it’s okay. I’m waiting for something as cool as the Kemper scenes in season 1.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    RedPanda said:
    Jessie said:

I love the credits, that intro music is one of the few theme tunes I don’t skip.

I’m a few episodes in, it’s okay. I’m waiting for something as cool as the Kemper scenes in season 1.

Just finished the whole season. Have to say it is not as great as the first season. Some parts are too slow. The interviews with the criminals are not as interesting as those in the first season.  Still a decent show and worth watching. I will definitely watch the third season. Just have to lower my expectations a bit.

The soundtrack is so creepy. And the BTK mask is also scary as hell... I haven't really watched any horror films before so when I finished an episode last night and went to brush my teeth I was so scared. Couldn't get the images out of my head. 😅
  • Options

Started Brasic yesterday, can watch the whole series on demand, or its on Sky Atlantic

Very easy to watch and I am enjoying it, comedy series starring Michelle Keegan (Phwoarrr!). A group of people who have to keep stealing and doing stuff and getting more in trouble. I recommend it, done like 4 episodes in one hit yesterday.

Power new series on Sunday, also haven't watched the new series stranger things yet (started it the other week) so that's a lot of TV, but good for when I have a bit of downtime :)

• Options
    Glovepup said:
    Appeared in a couple of episodes of Titans and did a reasonable job of capturing Grant Morrison’s weird take in the comics 
  • Options
    We're currently working our way through a new Sky Atlantic series " Der Pass " - German with English subtitles.

Thoroughly enjoying it & would totally recommend giving it a go.
    What's the storyline? 
    Der Pass is obviously about German football. 
  • Options
    Binge watched series 2 of Mindhunter on Netflix.

REALLY enjoyed it , and would recommend. 

Better than series 1 IMO. 
  • Options

New season of 13 reasons why, I wouldn't bother about 4 or 5 episodes in. I will probably persist but anyone else I would advise not to bother...

First series was very good, 2nd not bad but not as good, this one is just terrible so far!

• Options
    Anyone been watching Deep Water on ITV ?

finished it last night - thought was ok but the usual fairly weak ending of most dramas these days where they have one eye on a 2nd series.
  • Options

Me and the missus just binged the first series and we really enjoyed it. Was worried about series 2 but glad to hear you recommend.
  • Options

Me and the missus just binged the first series and we really enjoyed it. Was worried about series 2 but glad to hear you recommend.
    Definitely, VG.

There even seems to be a 3rd series in the planning, especially likely once you've watched the final episode (9) of the 2nd. 
  • Options
    Watched a good documentary on c4 on Bank holiday. Born famous was about Paul Ince's daughter living in Dagenham for a while to experience where her dad grew up. She is a bit of a posh girl used to the Cheshire life and is very much out of her comfort zone in a Dagenham park talking about stabbings.Some good stories when she met Paul's pals growing up and he was obviously a bit naughty in his youth but i quite warmed to the fella as i didnt really know much about him until now, other than he was a traitor for leaving West Ham
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited August 2019
    The latest Dave Chappelle stand up show is worth a watch. The soul crushingly humourless Guardian critique that I read afterwards was also funny in its own way. 
  • Options
    I’m in hospital feeling totally pony , but have Netflix and Sky on laptop and decent WIFI. Watched Brassic and loved it. Suggestions welcomed for mini series - love thrillers black comedy , political thrillers , eyc

thanks in advance 

• Options
    holyjo said:
    I’m in hospital feeling totally pony , but have Netflix and Sky on laptop and decent WIFI. Watched Brassic and loved it. Suggestions welcomed for mini series - love thrillers black comedy , political thrillers , eyc

thanks in advance 

No offence.
  • Options
    holyjo said:

thanks in advance 

As a bit of light relief after those, try GLOW. 
  • Options
    holyjo said:

thanks in advance 

As a bit of light relief after those, try GLOW. 
    Or a sponge bath. 
  • Options

Definitely, VG.

There even seems to be a 3rd series in the planning, especially likely once you've watched the final episode (9) of the 2nd. 
    I remember reading somewhere that David Fincher originally planned it as a five season show. So unless it goes downhill significantly in the next season or two I think we'll get three more seasons (at least?). Maybe it will continue all the way to when BTK is captured? I really like to see that done in this show as I've recently read about the serial killer and how he got caught. Some of the stuff is quite frightening.

It's some what weird that despite feeling scared about a few parts of Mindhunter I still keep reading related stories and reviews and people's discussions about it. It's quite fascinating. I just wish they would do one season a year instead of two years. I forgot a lot about the first season when I was watching the second season last month and had to ask on a discussion board about the details of the tape incident leading to the boss being forced into retirement😂
  • Options
    Not a series in the same vein as most of this thread but it’s good to have only connect back.
  • Options
    Not a series in the same vein as most of this thread but it’s good to have only connect back.
    Annoying the series link didn’t pick it up though.  Love it.  Put on recorded university challenge to catch the end of only connect. Cue us both squinting and la la la’ing whilst I fwd to the start of university challenge so not to spoil the missing vowels round!

Taskmaster back on Wednesday too! 
  • Options
    Taskmaster is one of my favourites, even keep watching repeats again is better than most tv.
  • Options
    edited September 2019
    Taskmaster is one of my favourites, even keep watching repeats again is better than most tv.
    Roll on Wednesday!

The Misadventures of Romesh Ranganathan has been quality both series too, perfectly pitched between interesting (and surprisingly warm hearted) travel show and his dry humour.