Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Wind up or cause for concern?

Comments

• Options
    Apologies but I can't say anymore, but as I say it's just rumours!
    We desperately need a signing to stop us all going stir crazy
  • Options
    Why fan the flames of what is a rumour? Either you have spoken to somebody in the know in which case tell us that, or your just passing on tittle tattle, in which case you be better off not saying anything.
  • Options
    Holy crap just herd we are selling Thevalley and aproached Smallwall about sharring the ToolBox !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! the bastards turned us down as they couldnt get fit our crowds in and suggested we find a much bigger club something fitting our size and not theirs !
    Mind you is just a rumour.
  • Options
    Why fan the flames of what is a rumour? Either you have spoken to somebody in the know in which case tell us that, or your just passing on tittle tattle, in which case you be better off not saying anything.
    Ok thanks admin. I'll run by you what I post in future to make sure it's ok.
  • Options
    Players can't sign the contracts if there playing in the euros stop worrying I'd be more worried if Powell left to be honest
  • Options
    Ok thanks admin. I'll run by you what I post in future to make sure it's ok.
    feel free to post it on the Rumours thread..

;)
  • Options
    Players can't sign the contracts if there playing in the euros stop worrying I'd be more worried if Powell left to be honest
    How does this effect any signings we might be making?
  • Options
    Loose lips, sink ships.

Either put up or shut up.

You say it best, when you say nothing at all.
  • Options
    Then why say anything?

• Options
    Apparently they are trying to get out, that much is true
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Who is trying to get out of where?

• Options
    Who is trying to get out of where?

Exactly...!

Who knows?
  • Options
    How does this effect any signings we might be making?
    There's got to be some filter through. Clubs in the Prem will be looking to sign Euro players; clubs in the Champ will be looking to sign players from Prem teams that won't become available until other deals are confirmed.
  • Options
    Do you know yet exactly who now owns you, what their full background is etc? I'm sure you do, just not seen anything that clear on here.
    Why would they be looking to get out, have they got exposures elsewhere which means they can't risk also running a football club? That could make sense. But otherwise, you'd think they'd look to get you into the prem where you can sustain crowds & revenue.

If it is a purely speculative punt on having the land where the Valley is for future regeneration, you'd think running the club into the ground would be the best idea as I don't think you've got the land to re-develop like Renewal plan to do around Millwall?

• Options
    Patience, people.

1) The season won't kick off for another 7 weeks.

2) The players don't even report back until July 4th.

3) The transfer window doesn't open until July 1st.

Players who may have signed contracts cannot actually be registered until July 1st.

Some clubs choose to make news of their activities, others won't until the new player is registered.

Charlton don't normally disclose their transfer activities until all formalities are completed.
    But that doesn't mean nothing is happening behind the scenes.
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    Maybe it's just certain parties that are trying to get out because they're pissed off at other parties.

Just conjecture of course.
  • Options
    Do you know yet exactly who now owns you, what their full background is etc? I'm sure you do, just not seen anything that clear on here.
    Why would they be looking to get out, have they got exposures elsewhere which means they can't risk also running a football club? That could make sense. But otherwise, you'd think they'd look to get you into the prem where you can sustain crowds & revenue.

If it is a purely speculative punt on having the land where the Valley is for future regeneration, you'd think running the club into the ground would be the best idea as I don't think you've got the land to re-develop like Renewal plan to do around Millwall?

We know who "owns" us, just not who "funds" us...

I shouldn't think they will be going anywhere until we have a shot at the PL pot of gold as you say.

Don't think it's a cynical land sale exercise - there's plenty of land on the peninsula to develop before straying into Charlton
  • Options
    Good post Oggy, I agree
  • Options
    Maybe it's just certain parties that are trying to get out because they're pissed off at other parties.

Just conjecture of course.
    Shades of QPR last close season .. who's money .. who's in charge, who's got the flasher motor and the biggest cock
  • Options
    If I were a Milwall fan I would delighted at all the fans getting their knickers in a twist.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I did nt even know Bing was admin
  • Options
    Crappy wind-up gets 50+ posts on Charlton messageboard... come on we can do better than this lads!

More worry... more anxiety!
  • Options
    Like the Lib Dems and the Conservatives ?
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    If I were a Milwall fan I would delighted at all the fans getting their knickers in a twist.
    Was thinking 'exactly' the same DRF.....let's stop this now!
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    Peter Varney didn't get an invite to someone's party so he was pissed off and resigned?
  • Options
    Peter Varney didn't get an invite to someone's party so he was pissed off and resigned?
    No he went to the party but someone spilled their drink all down his shirt and didn't say sorry.
  • Options
    Liberty... so where do the knickers figure?

Someone likes a bit of the saucy stuff and the secret got found out so Peter Varney resigned, Kevin Cash wants out and we are ground sharing with Millwall?
  • Options
    why did jiminez leave newcastle what was the story there ??
  • Options
    Sex scandal.....i.e. he wasn't getting any!

• Options
    They couldn't afford any parties