Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Sone Aluko

edited June 2012 in General Charlton
anyone know of our interest in this Rangers player?

Comments

• Options
    Lots of comments and videos on the rumours thread
  • Options
    oh, ok, ta. Need to start understanding this forum better than I do.
  • Options
    oh, ok, ta. Need to start understanding this forum better than I do.
    When you do can you let the rest of us know!
  • Options
    Would be VERY surprised if we got him, he could probably do a job in the Premier League from what I have seen.
  • Options
    Most impressive video I've seen since Izale McLeod's.
  • Options
    Most impressive video I've seen since Izale McLeod's.
    Lol!!

Saw a bit of him over the last couple of seasons and have to say I thought he was Rangers best player after they went into meltdown. That said, there could be several more videos made of his "headless chicken" moments, when his sister would be by far the better player.

• Options
    This rumor is on the back of The Daily Record today.
  • Options
    Probably got it from here
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    i hope we get him, he is a great winger!
  • Options
    Impressive video. He reminds me of a young Kevin Lisbie, although he probably lacks a little of Kev's composure in front of goal.
  • Options
    Lol
  • Options
    Impressive video. He reminds me of a young Kevin Lisbie, although he probably lacks a little of Kev's composure in front of goal.
    He will have to go some to get even half the love and affection our Kev got from his idolising fans.
  • Options
    He will have to go some to get even half the love and affection our Kev got from his idolising fans.
    True, but I'm sure either myself or Len Glover will get behind him!

• Options
    True, but I'm sure either myself or Len Glover will get behind him!

Not after Len sees his 'I Love Greenwich Peninsular' tattoos he wont.

• Options
    Very good! The video looks great but with a few mysterious edits as he's about to deliver. It might not take long for the "no end product" tag to be applied, as it is to most wingers.

• Options
    Doesn't need to be a good crosser of the ball if we play him up front
  • Options
    Would be interesting to see where he would fit in. If we played him up front then I seriously think he could challenge BWP's place in the team.

I'm not too sure what side he is but we do need a second left sided winger. Then again, do we really want/need to replace Jackson's place in the team considering he is the club captain?

On the right side we currently have Wagstaff and Green who are sufficient. We also have Danny Haynes who can play there who I'm a big fan of.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    He's left footed, and to be honest I think Jackson will be a central midfielder in the near future
  • Options
    even if Jackson does play left wing next season, he's normally injured for a couple months a season and near the end of last season he didn't finish many games. Someone like Aluko to come on for 20mins against a tired defence would be fantastic. We need a winger with pace though and Aluko scores a few too. Would be a blinding signing IMO
  • Options
    As important as Jackson has been for us, I would be surprised if he were to keep a player like Aluko out of the team. I don't think he would come to Charlton to be a substitute either.
  • Options
    Nobody should come to Charlton to be a substitute.
  • Options
    As important as Jackson has been for us, I would be surprised if he were to keep a player like Aluko out of the team. I don't think he would come to Charlton to be a substitute either.
    Have a look at the win percentage when Jackson is in the team against when he isn't. Not only that- he is the club captain. Saying that he is a vital player for us in a huge understatement.
  • Options
    Very good! The video looks great but with a few mysterious edits as he's about to deliver. It might not take long for the "no end product" tag to be applied, as it is to most wingers.

At least it'll balance out the hype. Like Danny Green last summer this looks like the type of player that some have decided is a brilliant signing based on a few highlights and stats.
  • Options
    I don't know if anyone has posted this already but he scored a brilliant goal in the old firm last year.

youtube.com/watch?v=e5dyMnZFdKY
  • Options
    edited June 2012

• Options
    Sounds like the sort of player we should be going for to me.
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    anyone know of our interest in this Rangers Bury player?