Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

England Belgium

13»

Comments

• Options
    Thought Defoe was on fire when he came on, darting runs, was so close to scoring twice. Definitely on the bench in front of Welbeck for me, even though Welbecks finish was class. Johnson's pretty poor. Micah Richards should be there. Reckon we're broing but will do well this year. That said I think we'll come 2nd in our group and then we're probably gunna get Spain in the last 16 ... so we're probably getting kicked out before the quarters haha.
    Welbeck will start hopefully, Defoe's a good option to have on the bench.

And it's straight to the Quarters after the group stage.
    Honestly think Welbeck is poor. I would be sad to see him start ANY Euro game, worst goal/shot ratio in the premier league i believe, in terms of strikers, and offers little, in twenty minutes Defoe showed more talent than in 60/70 minutes of Welbeck, although, again, his finish was class. Carroll first choice though.

My stupidity you can blame for the second bit. :P
  • Options
    Caroll will be a nuisance to defenders -If he isn't Hodgson can make the change during the game.
  • Options
    Welbeck took his goal well but I think he is extremely light weight and will get marked out the game against France. If we are goin to have any joy this summer then our wingers are goin to have to play well and Gerrard is going to need his shooting boots on.

Can't stand Defoe as a man but when he plays for England he looks dangerous.

Think the first two games for Hodgson will pretty much sum England up under him. 1-0 and compact.
  • Options
    went to the game with my son courtesy of the FA had a great day superb view again , as for the game it was a typical england performance , when rooney came on we seemed to liven up to be honest i think we will do well to get through the group stages ,met mark bright had a good chat with him about charlton and england ,proper nice fella said some good things about our club,also said that england would do well to get through the group, must say this the carlsberg at wembley is probably the most disgusting lager in the world .
  • Options
    What even worse than the Fosters at The Valley.
  • Options
    Judging Belgium beer after having tried Stella......someone is showing themselves up.
  • Options
    What even worse than the Fosters at The Valley.
    Pretty close, but the £4.70 price tag tips the balance!

As for the game it was a decent result against fairly well regarded opposition. They had more ball but defence looked fairly comfortable. Like the fact that 3 play together at club level. Don't like the fact that the other one is Johnson.

Good move for the goal, composed finish and another couple of good quick breaks when Defoe came on.

Belgian fans were a good spectacle..Drinking on the tube though. Tutt tutt ;-)
  • Options
    Relaxed about the whole thing.
    First time that i can remember the media arnt going ape shit about us winning it. Everyone knows we are far from the best footballing team in the thing. A manager that realises he has to come up with a system to get us anywhere. It wont be exciting and we still might not get through the group stage but Germany have won things and been in finals just on organisation and systems.
    The fact that i dont give us any chance at all i think is making me look forward to it more.

• Options
    Judging Belgium beer after having tried Stella......someone is showing themselves up.
  • Options
    Maybe but I just haven't enjoyed it much prefer Bruge
    That I can understand, but it is a bit like comparing Canterbury with London. Beautiful city, Bruges.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    One of my sons was born in Leuven (where Stella comes from) - great place
    My brother-in-law used to live there.
  • Options
    Thought Defoe was on fire when he came on, darting runs, was so close to scoring twice. Definitely on the bench in front of Welbeck for me, even though Welbecks finish was class. Johnson's pretty poor. Micah Richards should be there. Reckon we're broing but will do well this year. That said I think we'll come 2nd in our group and then we're probably gunna get Spain in the last 16 ... so we're probably getting kicked out before the quarters haha.
    No last sixteen LNA, straight to the quarters from the group. Then we go out to Spain. :-(

• Options
    The game was all about getting fit and preparation for what really matters. Won both build up friendlies with 2 clean sheets. Some of the players may not have impressed the gaffer to play in the finals that much, but overall satisfied with those games.

Bad news about a few injuries though.
  • Options
    I thought defensively we looked ok but little impact up front, but always hard to tell in friendlies when the players aren't really going for it.
  • Options
    Ferdinand throwing his toys out of the pram, is this the same bloke who threatened not to play for his country after his drugs test, or more to the point...