Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

England Belgium

Off to Wembley tonight, as much as I am looking forward to it, would much rather be watching us at the Valley. Fixtures due in 17 days.

Comments

• Options
    Be interesting to see how our lads cope with Kompany.
  • Options
    Be interesting to see how our lads cope with Kompany.
    He's injured.
  • Options
    First view of Eden Hazzard for most England fans as well. Curious to see if he can live up to the hype.
  • Options
    Getting train from Benfleet at 1pm, first time ive been to new wembley as well
  • Options
    Have to say Belgium should be qualifying for tournaments soon...

Hazard
    Vermaelen
    Kompany
    Dembele
    Lukaku
    Witsel
    Verthongen
    Fellaini
    Defour
    Mignolet
    Courtois
    Aldeweereld

All with their best days ahead of them. Great foundation.

Looking forward to seeing them go for it tonight.
  • Options
    I fancied them as outsiders for the Euros till I looked and they didn't make it.
  • Options
    Considering how small their population is that's a good team.
  • Options
    Their group for the world cup qualifiers sees them against Croatia, Serbia, Scotland and Wales so I'd imagine they'll win that
  • Options
    Always had a soft spot for Belgium, a very underated country, and great beer to boot.
  • Options
    Brussels is a cracking city too...
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Well we all know how good golden generations can be.mdoes look like a decent side on paper, interesting that them and Switzerland always seem to produce decent youth sides, maybe finally they are bringing through enough quality to the senior sides
  • Options
    Off to Wembley tonight, as much as I am looking forward to it, would much rather be watching us at the Valley. Fixtures due in 17 days.
    Agree. Club before country any day !!
  • Options
    Always had a soft spot for Belgium, a very underated country, and great beer to boot.
    Agree
    Brussels is a cracking city too...
    Yep, love it.

• Options
    Have a good one, Kap

Like you, I'm counting down the days until the fixtures are published.
  • Options
    Brussels is pony fact
  • Options
    I prefer brocolli
  • Options
    I prefer brocolli
    I liked all his bond films
  • Options
    Brussels is pony fact
    Must be going to the wrong places...

• Options
    Maybe but I just haven't enjoyed it much prefer Bruge
  • Options
    I'm so uninspired by England. I used to love international matches, now they usually bore me to death. What's changed, other than being older? I think it might be the fact most of the players are very unlikable.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    One of my sons was born in Leuven (where Stella comes from) - great place
  • Options
    i expect us to lose as Belgium have some very good players. But if we win I will have hope that we can get through the group stages at least.
  • Options
    Have never been but have drunk Stella.
    Most overrated beer in the world.
  • Options
    Blasphemy
  • Options
    Lets not make it one of those threads guys ... Reckon this will be a surprising challenge for the England team, i reckon 2-1.
  • Options
    pleased to see Henderson in the squad and I hope he plays.

IMHO we need to forget this tournament in terms of winning but instead use it to build for 2016 and 2018 (we're not going to win in Brazil either).

Part of that is to stop using the players who have failed and won't be around in 4 years time (Lampard, Gerrard, etc) and give some experience of playing in and being at tournaments to young players with potential which is what Henderson is.

JH, the young keeper (Butt?) etc are the future. It may mean we don't win every game but it might mean we have a team to compete in the medium term.
  • Options
    the stella we get comes from burton on trent most likely
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    Lets not make it one of those threads guys ... Reckon this will be a surprising challenge for the England team, i reckon 2-1.
    Just Declaring my love for Charlton LNA :-). I'm going for 1-0 England. Henderson to score.
  • Options
    Just Declaring my love for Charlton LNA :-). I'm going for 1-0 England. Henderson to score.
    Fair enough, although HENDERSON TO SCORE?! You been hitting the drink my friend? :P
  • Options
    Have never been but have drunk Stella.
    this, woman beater's drink.