Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Simon Jordan to release autobiograhy

Comments

• Options
    edited June 2012
    http://www.waterstones.com/waterstonesweb/displayDetailEvent.do?searchType=1&author=Simon|Jordan

12.30 Onwards till the queue ends I suppose? Link isnt posting correctly.
  • Options
    Just read that Newshopper clip... so Murray also offered Jordan out? Seriously?
  • Options
    So he says in the book. All seems a bit OTT to me but that is what Jordan says .... must have a book out or something.
  • Options
    I suspect Murray's lawyers will be eagerly reading the book as it won't be comfortable reading.

It does make you wonder though, did the whole Dowie affair really distract the club that much?
  • Options
    Just my personal opinion but if I was Mr Murray I wouldn't be wasting another penny on lawyers with regards to this.
  • Options
    doesn't make pretty reading those newshopper quotes they mug murray off big time
  • Options
    Can you ask him why he is such a c##t?

Or why he dislikes Charlton?
    1. Some people just are.

2. We relegated his team & rubbed his nose in it ;-)
  • Options
    Just listened to the Talksport interview, I hate to say it but he came over as humble, very driven and seems to have learned a lot, also re Dowie I cant disagree with his reasons for chasing him through the courts.
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    Might show at one of these signings to remind Jordan that
    1. We are not and never will be "grateful" that they "gave us a home when we were bankrupt (sic)"
    2. I'd rather be a moron than a c&nt
    3. Sha la la la etc
    4, Anything else I can think of that gets under his skin
    Well, it'd be rude not to ;-)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    other than being the chairman of crystal palace at one time i have nothing else to dislike him for ...however i dt expect he is living in a squat and selling the big issue now ,he has lost a lot of money but can still afford the tan and the hairdo ,he used to talk a bit of sense and i wish him all the best

i wdnt ever gloat about sending palace down as there is always a tomorrow infact theres something slightly more classier to keep ones powder dry on those ocassions
  • Options
    Just listened to the Talksport interview, I hate to say it but he came over as humble, very driven and seems to have learned a lot,
    Get over it Greenie - so he came across as a normal human being instead of an arrogant, opinionated gobshite.
    I should hope so after his epic business fail.

• Options
    I remember making this years ago when it all hit the fan between SJ and Muzza...

http://www.xtranormal.com/watch/4783321/truth-behind-our-downfall
  • Options
    Jordan appears to be selective with his version of the truth. He didn't add that Murray & the directors were expecting Jordan for lunch & he didn't show, despite the fact that Jordan's dad was there having lunch.
    When Jordan did show with an entourage of minders, they just brushed past Murray without so much as an apology and a thank-you for "looking after Jordan's dad". Allegedly.

It was this that riled Murray & the reason why he made the "enjoy The Championship you tosser " remark. Allegedly.
  • Options
    Plus he'd said all that all Chairman's apart from himself were a load of tossers in his Telegraph column.
  • Options
    Plus, his hair and skin.
  • Options
    I always thought he was lucky to make a fortune at a young age. He was successful once - he sold his company and banked £75m. In the ten years after that he managed to lose it all - and not all of it at Palace.

I have nothing against people that are lucky, but he should have had the intelligence to realise that he was not a gifted entrepreneur but that he was in the right place at the right time. He should have been a lot more modest with his lifestyle and made savings that would have ensured that he would have wanted for nothing (financially) for the rest of his life.

In the end he is no better than a lottery winner who managed to blow the money that should have lasted him for fifty years in a fifth of that time.

Having said that, I will be reading his book as his arrogance probably means that he will say things that most football people would stop short of saying - like Curbishley who sailed so far from the wind that he never left the beach.
    Hindsight is a wonderful thing eh?
  • Options
    I agree with that KHA - it would be an entertaining read - he is a bleached version of that Carol bloke who won the lottery and blew all his money trying to impress his friends.
  • Options
    Do let us know anyone going past Leadenhall today! Wonder if the queue will be as long as it was when Curbs was there?
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    I'll be popping round there later. I'll report back. There's a strange orange glow appearing around Houndsditch at the moment.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Waterstones, Leadenhall Market 1.05pm - Not a Nigel in sight!

Went round there just after one o'clock and thought I had the wrong day.
    Not a soul around, just the orange man sat behind a desk by the door, ironically with a security guard, signing books given to him by the Waterstone's staff who were desperately trying to keep the conversation alive.

He made eye contact with anybody who came through the door, and I had to turn round and go out again as I couldn't contain the smirk on my face.

Piles of books on the desk, and a note which said 'ONLY THREE COPIES PER PERSON'. Irony at its best.

I know what the queue was like for Curbs, so its Reds 1 - 0 Oranges

• Options
    Man at Milletts.

Great reporting. Just to rub it in you should got him to sign one for you with the message S Jordan ETCYT.
  • Options
    reckon it would make a good book share .............he was right to do Dowie shame he let him sign for us first.
  • Options
    hahaah, seriously. That is shameful to be honest. the queue was fairly long for curbs. Me and AFKA waited in the street for a while.
  • Options
    excellent!!!
  • Options
    hahaah, seriously. That is shameful to be honest. the queue was fairly long for curbs. Me and AFKA waited in the street for a while.
    Yes I almost felt sorry for him, but then I regained my senses :-)

Mrs M still reminds me how long she queued to get Curbs copy.
  • Options
    Didn't he once say that he would like to buy Charlton then disolve us?

• Options

mmm well that worked then didn't it LOL
  • Options

mmm well that worked then didn't it LOL
    He couldn't dissolve a disprin!
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    Sadly, even after dumping a fortune at Palace, the Nigels hate him.

I find that both amusing and sad in equal measure. He used his own money to bank roll a Premier League season and even though he left them in a mess it was because he ran out of cash rather than because he was trying to turn a profit while he was there.

My hatred for Palace knows no bounds but since he's left them, lost all his money and become despised by their fans I don't hate him quite so much.

My view on Dowie is that, despite it never being said, certain people at Charlton enjoyed making Jordan look stupid with the 'Move up North' malarkey. In the end it cost both Charlton and Dowie a fortune - and this is excluding the cost of the mistakes made that eventually led to our relegation.

The interview on TalkSport confirms what I suspected. Jordan is probably like many of us but made a lot of money and the thought that he was a self made multi-millionaire went to his head and made him a little arrogant. He went on to buy 'his' club believing that he had a lot more to offer than money. For those on the outside it was easy to predict it would all end in tears, but he probably believed that his success owed less to being first to market in the mobile phone retail business and more to being an entrepreneur. He probably, genuinely, thought that he could manage a football club better than most others (a mistake that many Chairmen of football clubs make) and he lost all his money and was chased out of the club he'd supported as a boy. He apparently doesn't go to Palace any more.

Ironically the start of his problems was allowing Noades to fool him into buying the club without the ground. A mistake that only a novice business man could have made.

In the end, as I've already said, I think he would never have been so unpopular had he owned another football club, and for that reason I'm kind of indifferent to the man now. Relatively speaking we probably all have more than him now (compared to what we've ever had) and he is, clearly, a lot more modest since he lost the £75m he sold his company for.

I can't pretend I don't find it funny that he is waiting for, literally, no one to come and buy his autographed book though.