Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Simon Jordan to release autobiograhy

Comments

• Options
    Just caught the end of an interview with him on Radio 4's midweek show (I think) (Weds 9.38 am).

Didn't catch much but seemed quite humble from the little I heard.

Might be worth a listen on iPlayer.

More interested in the Urban Beekeeper who came on afterwards tbh.
  • Options
    Urban Beekeeper - what's that about Henry? It's always been my ambition to have a bee beard.
  • Options
    I've just listened to Libby Purves interviewing Simon Jordan about his book on Radio 4's Midweek. To a neutral he will have come across as intelligent, perceptive and interesting. Time to order the book from the library methinks.
  • Options
    Bugger, just tuned in in-time for book of the week.
  • Options
    Urban Beekeeper - what's that about Henry? It's always been my ambition to have a bee beard.
    Not sure about the beard but I'm going to be a bee keeper one day! Just a guy who keeps bees in the city.

• Options
    On talksport with Keys and Gray from 12.
    Awkward question time from Charlton fans i hope.
  • Options
    Might buy to read on holiday end of month
  • Options
    Might buy to read on holiday end of month
    Have already ordered my copy.
  • Options
    Rumour has it he lost £75M that is very careless! I must say I did agree with his comments on the Bostock affair and his opinions of the FA.
  • Options
    Did sound ok on Radio 4 this morning, although I was not having my retinas burnt out by his dayglo tan. Hope the Bee bloke did not bring any of his charges in with him, they would of been all over that bright orange twat !
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Its surely not going to be a relaxing holiday read from a Charlton viewpoint. Will just wind yourself up and end up chucking it in the sea!
  • Options
    4 copies to be held by KCC libraries, status 'on order', reservations so far 3. Can all be done on line. Reservation cost = £0.35 & money goes to library and not SJ.
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    He was quite entertaining on Talksport. I think he's an interesting guy, lots to say and he seems to have got a rather more grounded view of himself than he once had. Said he'd enjoyed the writ at the Dowie press conference but conceded it lacked class and he'd probably do it differently. The theory of Dowie being Murray's vanity appointment to wind up Jordan certainly seemed to be supported by Jordan's view of things ("Murray smirking behind his hands"). Jordan may be outspoken, and he certainly earned Murray's 'tosser' observation, but I think he's good value despite his awful choice of club.
  • Options
    Its surely not going to be a relaxing holiday read from a Charlton viewpoint. Will just wind yourself up and end up chucking it in the sea!
    Have to be one hell of a throw......he is going to Paris :-)
  • Options
    Have to be one hell of a throw......he is going to Paris :-)
    That made me chuckle.

• Options
    Keys is a smug annoying twonk and the fact that he arranged for the writ server to be allowed into the press conference does not surprise me
  • Options
    Jordan on SSN advertising his book. Back on after break.

He clearly loaths Dowie.

• Options
    Something orange on sky sports news now.
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    Damn. Just listened to him (after the break) & agreed with everything he said. He seemed such a like able chap. WTF !
  • Options
    He thinks Ferdinand is rubbish because he was in defence when city beat em 6-1.

He likes John Terry as a person.

His opinion, but other than that he was just a bit of a weird bloke.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    He thinks Ferdinand is rubbish because he was in defence when city beat em 6-1.

He likes John Terry as a person.

His opinion, but other than that he was just a bit of a weird bloke.
    TBF City tore him apart that day.

He said he would have Terry as a player & I agree. As a player he's a great leader of men. Scumbag as a person.
  • Options
    Yes Ferdinand had a horrible game that day from what I remember, hence the scoreline.

90 mins don't make you crap though.

JT had a mare against under fire Liverpool at anfield. Andy Carroll, as people said, tore him apart.
  • Options
    He's at a book signing at Waterstones Leadenhall Market on Friday. If anyone were passing.
  • Options
    I hate to say it but he comes across very well.
  • Options
    I always thought he was lucky to make a fortune at a young age. He was successful once - he sold his company and banked £75m. In the ten years after that he managed to lose it all - and not all of it at Palace.

I have nothing against people that are lucky, but he should have had the intelligence to realise that he was not a gifted entrepreneur but that he was in the right place at the right time. He should have been a lot more modest with his lifestyle and made savings that would have ensured that he would have wanted for nothing (financially) for the rest of his life.

In the end he is no better than a lottery winner who managed to blow the money that should have lasted him for fifty years in a fifth of that time.

Having said that, I will be reading his book as his arrogance probably means that he will say things that most football people would stop short of saying - like Curbishley who sailed so far from the wind that he never left the beach.
  • Options
    Might pop into the book signing on Friday... might ask him if he did in fact enjoy the Championship! ...
    any questions peeps would like me to ask :)
  • Options
    Might pop into the book signing on Friday... might ask him if he did in fact enjoy the Championship! ...
    any questions peeps would like me to ask :)
    Yes please. Can you ask him what's it like to wear an egg, after you've just thrown it at him.
    Curb it - what time's the signing ?
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    Yes please Red, can you ask him of he ever thought about openIng his own Salon tanning chain?
  • Options
    Can you ask him why he is such a c##t?

Or why he dislikes Charlton?