Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Roberto Martinez

12346»

Comments

Riviera said:

Riviera said:

Riviera said:

Riviera said:

Riviera said:

Riviera said:

So if he is that good why did he have to fundamentally change his plan after 60 odd minutes? If you're that good you pick the correct side in the first place. He is, and has always been obsessed with trying to play pretty football, a Guardiola wannabe. So when he's down he just brings a big fella on. Hardly rocket science. And don't slag off Fellaini, Utd have just signed him on again.

Obsessed with playing pretty and effective football but mixing it when necessary.

The trick is to recognise when things need to be changed and to make the right changes. What did Southgate do to change things?

I hope that you will change your opinion if Belgium do win the WC. But, knowing how stubborn you are, you won't.
    So they will beat Brazil and France and England (again)? Hmmmm I don't think so. The same team/squad/Manager were knocked out by Wales in the last major tournament.
    It's not my opinion of Belgium, it's your unhealthy obsession with Martinez.
    I think it's rather your unhealthy obsession with knocking Martinez. I thought the aim of the game was to win matches and score plenty of goals doing it. Which is just what Belgium are doing.

Whilst Croatia will win me a shed load more than Belgium will for wining the WC I really do hope now that they do. Just to see you come out with another load of bollocks!
    I have nothing against Belgium. This thread is 6 years old and starts with you suggesting that Liverpool are going to take Martinez as their manager. You revived the thread tonight. You are obsessed with him like you were with Houliller.
    I still do not think that Belgium will beat both France and Brazil as they have to (amongst others) to win the 2018 World Cup.
    Revive a thread that is 9 months old or start a new one. Can't win either way. And you only don't like the fat I have because you described him as a "crap club manager" despite others pointing out his successes at previous clubs. But don't let the facts get in the way eh?

I look forward to you eating a massive amount of humble pie if and when they do win the 2018 World Cup.
    And I hope you enjoy it.
    I will.
    Oh yes I did!
    But that's not your original post!!!
    And your point is? Not my fault you didn't see it.
    My point is @Addick Addict that you said that you were looking forward to eating Humble Pie. I can only deal with facts I'm afraid.
    I forgot to ask - what filling would you like in your humble pie?
    An umble pie is filled with umbles. FACT.
  • edited July 2018
    1-0 down in the World Cup semi final with 15 minutes left and you take off your biggest set piece threat? Hmmmm
  • 1-0 down in the World Cup semi final with 15 minutes left and you take off your biggest set piece threat? Hmmmm

Perhaps because for 75 minutes he wasn't such a set piece threat. Apart from the own goal.
  • Riviera said:
    Don't think even you still think he's a "crap manager". Lost 1-0 in the semi-final of a WC to probably the best team in the comp who played with 11 behind the ball for the most part of the 2nd half.
  • 1-0 down in the World Cup semi final with 15 minutes left and you take off your biggest set piece threat? Hmmmm

Perhaps because for 75 minutes he wasn't such a set piece threat. Apart from the own goal.
    Yeah but surely you can't take him off because it only takes one set piece for him to get on the end of.

Would've made more sense to play him for the final 15 rather than the first 75, in my opinion.

Yeah but surely you can't take him off because it only takes one set piece for him to get on the end of.

Would've made more sense to play him for the final 15 rather than the first 75, in my opinion.
    But they have six other outfield players who are over 6' 2" still on the pitch. The problem was that they weren't getting the right delivery into the box.
  • Always comes across as a good bloke and be interesting to see where he goes next. Very highly rated in his native Spain where he is amusingly known as Bob Martinez because of the English connection.

But they have six other outfield players who are over 6' 2" still on the pitch. The problem was that they weren't getting the right delivery into the box.
    Why settle for six when you can have seven?

I do think bringing Carrasco on was the right move but taking Fellaini off was the wrong one.

I'd have sooner seen Chadli subbed.