Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Michael Owen To Sign ....

124»

Comments

• Options
    I'd say if you were in the same list of best players in the world as Pele then you were probably world class.
  • Options
    I think he would stick pins in his eyes rather than play championship football.
    Its a joke, from going bust one minute to promotion to championship (which was a great achievement) now people comments on why/why we shouldn't sign michael frickin Owen.
    Oh please, behave, maybe we should get Ruud as he was a charlton fan, maybe go and tap up Jarvis from Wolves, Shelvey in Loan, TOM INCE!!!!
    Keep you feet on the ground peeps.
  • Options
    We have had few world class players over the past 20 or so years.......Owen, IMO, wasn't one of the, snd this Forum is the first time I have seen him described in that way.
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    At his best Owen was world class.

He was at his peak in a very good Liverpool side and his Liverpool stats were

Games 297
    Goals. 158

Looks world class to me.

• Options
    If anyone thought that Michael Owen was not world class when fit and playing regular then they are as thick as pig shite

Michael Owen has been ravaged by his injuries and the fact it does not allow him to play regular has meant that we have been denied having the most prolific and deadly striker I have ever had the good fortune to see represent my country

if you are basing your opinions on the injury ravaged Michael Owen then the only criticism that can be attributed to him is that he hasn't played enough

Lived off of one goal it said on page 1 , well sir I now know that you know jack about football
  • Options
    So if you have to be in the same list as Pele then you're saying that only Pele, Maradona and maybe Messi are world class players in the history of this sport?

World class for me means that a player can take his trade all over the world and the majority of the big clubs would have interest in his services. At one time, Michael Owen was most certainly this.
  • Options
    So if you have to be in the same list as Pele then you're saying that only Pele, Maradona and maybe Messi are world class players in the history of this sport?

World class for me means that a player can take his trade all over the world and the majority of the big clubs would have interest in his services. At one time, Michael Owen was most certainly this.
  • Options
    If Owen had the fitness/injury levels of say, Ryan Giggs, he'd still be playing for England now.

Without a doubt world class, just very unlucky with injuries.
  • Options
    Was a fantastic player. I don't think we are in a position to turn our noses up at someone of the class of Michael Owen. Would be an amazing coup - clearly not going to happen, but I for one would be very excited if we signed someone like him. Plus, he might be in the know for a few decent bets down the races...