Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Michael Owen To Sign ....

Comments

• Options
    I still think he should have laid it off to Scholes as he burst through against Argentina in 98 rather than to try and wrap his foot around it as he ran at pace and an angle....
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    Rumours are he has signed a 3 year contract with Welling Utd.

In a interview he said "Its the biggest moment of my career being able to join the bigges club in Europe."
    don't get why you made this joke?

Don't waste your time thinking about it. You seem to be quoting on my posts a lot lately, do you want a autograph or something?
    really? must be pure coincidence. Didn't mean to be rude but it was poor, wasn't sure if I was missing something.

Maybe it's just your habit of digging at other peoples comments?

The category of this topic is "fun & jokes" it was simply a sarcastic comment, which clearly you didn't like/understand. Though I appreciate comments. Ones which are negative an happen more than once are simply frustrating.

As the saying goes, if you have something bad to say don't say it. :-)
  • Options
    Owen > BWP > Shaun.

Fact.
  • Options

In a interview he said "Its the biggest moment of my career being able to join the bigges club in Europe."

Don't waste your time thinking about it. You seem to be quoting on my posts a lot lately, do you want a autograph or something?
    c

really? must be pure coincidence. Didn't mean to be rude but it was poor, wasn't sure if I was missing something.

Maybe it's just your habit of digging at other peoples comments?

The category of this topic is "fun & jokes" it was simply a sarcastic comment, which clearly you didn't like/understand. Though I appreciate comments. Ones which are negative an happen more than once are simply frustrating.

As the saying goes, if you have something bad to say don't say it. :-)
    I saw when I did it before on the England squad thread. TBF, I wasn't the only person who commented, you picked a squad full of players either injured/retired, and you didn't like being corrected. Here, your joke wasn't funny but I appreciate I posted needlessly and for that I apologise
  • Options
    When posting comments about Owen please replace the word 'is' with 'was', then tell me how well he has played in the past year, and name the games he played well in.......
  • Options
    No one knows his current level of ability because he can't stay fit for long enough. Was our best striker in a generation.
  • Options
    When posting comments about Owen please replace the word 'is' with 'was', then tell me how well he has played in the past year, and name the games he played well in.......
    So you saw all those games he played in and can therefore judge his performances with some degree of authority ?

• Options
    Injury and the adoption of Shrek as the nations heartthrob probably did for public perception of him. I was fairly ignorant of his consistency until I paid attention to some of the posts on here.

(Not a mistake I like to make too many times ;0) )
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    Owen > BWP > Shaun.

Fact.
    But Owen's only little, how can he fit the other two in?
  • Options
    People in here saying Owen should be at the Euro's: LOL
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    He is a quality finisher and think of all the penalties he "wins" too. He's got the best trailing leg in the business.
  • Options
    Michael Owen has a fantastic goalscoring record for England, and I really wish he had broken Bobby Charltons record of 49 goals.

But for the last 4-5 years he has been on big money at Newcastle and Man United and not really delivering value for money, it's not his fault clubs want to pay him big wages , good luck to him, I'm sad how his footballing playing career has taken such a downturn.

His body is riddled with injuries , in part due to playing so much at an early age, when he looks back he has achieved way more than most in the footballing world , it's just how it's all ending im gutted about, and it's sad to see.
  • Options
    Owen Hargreaves and Micheal Owen would be perfect. The Medical table would get plenty of use.
  • Options
    Michael Owen has a fantastic goalscoring record for England, and I really wish he had broken Bobby Charltons record of 49 goals.

But for the last 4-5 years he has been on big money at Newcastle and Man United and not really delivering value for money, it's not his fault clubs want to pay him big wages , good luck to him, I'm sad how his footballing playing career has taken such a downturn.

His body is riddled with injuries , in part due to playing so much at an early age, when he looks back he has achieved way more than most in the footballing world , it's just how it's all ending im gutted about, and it's sad to see.
    Good post mate - I totally agree
  • Options
    So you saw all those games he played in and can therefore judge his performances with some degree of authority ?

Most of them, probably as many as those on here who are saying how great he still is. Ask them the same question.

• Options

Most of them, probably as many as those on here who are saying how great he still is. Ask them the same question.

2011 / 2012 - 4 appearances 3 Goals.

Question over why so few appearances certainly but then he was trying to force his way into one of the best teams in the country if not world.

Would I want him at Charlton ? Probably not.

• Options

2011 / 2012 - 4 appearances 3 Goals.

Question over why so few appearances certainly but then he was trying to force his way into one of the best teams in the country if not world.

Would I want him at Charlton ? Probably not.

I feel you will definitely get your wish....................
  • Options
    Behave yourself!

Remove all the impossibilities and let's assume he were in talks with us for signing for the coming season. You would be unhappy with that?
  • Options
    Behave yourself!

Remove all the impossibilities and let's assume he were in talks with us for signing for the coming season. You would be unhappy with that?
    No, given his injury record I'd consider it a big risk to tie down some of the budget on a player who might score a few goals here and there but equally might miss half the season.

• Options
    Behave yourself!

No, given his injury record I'd consider it a big risk to tie down some of the budget on a player who might score a few goals here and there but equally might miss half the season.

Same reason I would be a probably not.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    A very ambitious signing. Theres no way we would snap him up.

For a mid table PL club to sign him he has to show that he really wants to be there and score goals for them.

As a PL manager it would be hard to welcome his attitude.
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    Pay as you play, everybody wins

• Options
    When this thread was 1st created I thought it was someone having a bit of a laugh. Now I think there are people on this forum who actually believe we have a chance of signing Michael Owen!!!! Incredible!
  • Options
    It came from FR. That should tell you everything you need to know.
  • Options
    It was the same with curbs when people where wanting him to sign michael ballack. Some people truly have their heads in the clouds.
  • Options
    For crying out loud!

Ok, I'll say hypothetically. Assuming you know what that means.

What I am saying is he is the best British born finisher around, probably for many a generation.
  • Options
    I think Owen was world class. I however thought the biggest mistake he made was following Beckham to Real Madrid. Since he returned to England he hasn't been the same. Because he was on the scene from when he was a teenager, it is like he's been around for years!!!
  • Options
    Owen was world class? F**k mine, and I thought I'd heard some tall stories..........
  • Options
    Well he did win European Footballer of the Year...
  • Options
    Owen WAS world class. However he was injured to much to show it.

Would I sign him for Charlton if he wanted to come, (which he doesn't) no chance.