Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Jason Euell (Promoted to First Team Coach)

edited April 2021 in General Charlton
Really nice touch from Powell to give Euell a run out on Sat, not sure who I wanted to score more in the last 5 mins, Euell or Solly.

Anyway, sure it will be his last appearance for us, whatever the future holds for Jason, whether it be a coaching role or maybe he feels he has another season or two as a player, wish him all the best. Was a fine player for us during the Premiership years, and has come in this time around and no doubt his experience and personality has been a positive influence around the dressing room.

Comments

• Glad he got on to say goodbye to The Valley. Looks like his legs have gone so I expect a coaching role somewhere for Jason. Good luck to him. Ws a very good player for us.
  • I can see him coaching at Charlton.
  • If he wants to carry on playing, I'm sure there is a league two club for him. Was a nice touch him getting a swansong.
  • Good to see a vintage example of his first touch during his little cameo!

Seriously though an integral part of our staying in the Prem as long as we did, being leading scorer for three successive seasons, and latterly an excellent role model for our youngsters.
  • Problem is, he didn't even score for Wimbledon on loan where I believe he was played up front. Hardly lethal. A great servant and lovely guy.
  • There's probably a handful of League One clubs who would be interested in someone with his experience.

Good luck to him, top bloke.
  • Always believe in..........Jason Euell.
    A great guy, good luck in what ever you do Jason. I understand that he is keen to get into the media, if not I'm sure a coaching career beckons.
  • Agree, was great to see him one final time (I presume). As a staunch defender of Jason I have to say I did have a wry laugh when his first touch lost us the ball but what the hell. Was desperate for him to get a chance and a goal one last time. More than Solly really as his time will come.

Wishhim nothing but the best if he does move on.
  • As soon as I saw him on the bench I said to my son "if we're in the lead with 10 minutes to go, Jason will be put on". It was a nice touch and was possibly the only occasion this season when I think Powell allowed emotions to take over.

Hope the club can offer him something as long as it's not another year in the squad.

• A really class act from Saint Chris to let the "prodigal son" make a cameo appearance on Saturday.

Jason Euell will always be associated with those glory days in the Premiership and will remain a Charlton legend.

(His legs did look wobbly though did'nt they??)
  • Sponsored links:

• Shame he couldn't do an SCP or Graeme Alexander, but I'm sure he loved getting the run-out and hearing his songs belted out by the Covered End. Not bad to end your CAFC playing career with a Champions medal. Spoke briefly to him at sponsors' dinner and he seemed a bit pensive - think he knows his playing days are pretty much over. We reminisced about him being our most expensive signing, though Darren Bent overtook that with add-ons/ sell-on fee.

Wishing him all the very best whatever he does/ wherever he ends up.
  • Nice touch by Powell (pity the same couldn't be said for Euell 1st touch,lol).

Would've been great to see him shin one in at the end but not to be.

Best of luck in whatever you do in the future Jay.................................
  • His control was still there (bag of cement etc) legs had gone-----------time to call it a day Jason.

Glad he had the chance to say cherio, he always gave us 100% unlike alot of the dross who came later and probably on more dosh.

Good luck to him in all he does.
  • Many thanks and farewell Jason .. However, if you're staying in a coaching role .. welcome and all the very best
  • I asked him the other day whether he was going to stay with us in a coaching capacity or try and carry on playing and he said his goal was "still to play but I'll do my coaching badges as well."

Whether he hopes that's with us or elsewhere, your guess is as good as mine...
  • He hasn't been a fluent goalscorer for years, having played in midfield for the last few years, he could do a job there in L2, in the engine room if he wanted to keep playing. To be honest, I'm not sure why CP signed him, as nothing in recent years suggested he would add anything to our current team.
  • He hasn't been a fluent goalscorer for years, having played in midfield for the last few years, he could do a job there in L2, in the engine room if he wanted to keep playing. To be honest, I'm not sure why CP signed him, as nothing in recent years suggested he would add anything to our current team.
    Was signed purely for squad depth. better to have too many than not enough...........
  • edited May 2012
    I woulds say Jason Euell's attitude, spirit, good influence and 'experience as a Charlton type player' was the deciding factor in SCP giving him a contract.

Even though Euell only initially came back to train, he evidently played a big part in knitting together a quickly put together new squad ........ and as his team mate from the hugely successful Curbs era, SCP could trust him to help get the message across to all players what it really meant to play for Charlton.

• Had the misfortune to be sitting next to a middle-aged bloke in the north upper on Saturday who, on a day like that, was happy to sing "Jason Euell, Does F**k all" during the fella's last ten minutes for the club. Block L, row PP. If I sit next to you again and you behave in similar fashion, I will lamp you, you grey-haired, miserable, ugly 2@. I hope you tread on an upturned plug barefoot every day for the rest of your life.

(I too am middle aged and greying, but Saturday was not the occasion for that)

• All the best for the future Jason ...might see you back one day on coaching staff ...glad i had a chance to have a chat with you last week
  • Sponsored links:

• I was looking at the stats in the last programme - of the current squad Jason has scored the most goals for Charlton.
  • I hope you tread on an upturned plug barefoot every day for the rest of your life.
    Ouch! You really don't like him do you, but he does sound like a right...
  • Whatever Jason does I wish him much happiness. Will always be remembered fondly in my neck of the woods for his contribution.
  • How many time are charlton going to say good bye to Jason , good job we won the last game cos if we were waiting for Jason to score ? . Thought the bench that day was dissapointing thought he would have started the right players to hammer Hartlepool . Still good luck to Jason good pro .
  • Remember the old 70s hit by Slade ..."Goodbye to Jase", wasn't it?
  • Good news!
  • Congratulations Jason - very well deserved