Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Who amongst us can honestly say, that they have never ever done anything, that wasn't allowed ?

edited April 2012 in General Charlton
This follows on from the "you can't invade the pitch" because it's not allowed threads.
Surely, everyone has done something, that's not allowed ?
Or perhaps, we truly do have angelic supporters.

Comments

• Weird thread. There's a backstory here that we need to know. Have you just murdered someone?
  • edited April 2012
    Weird thread. There's a backstory here that we need to know. Have you just murdered someone?
    You're not "allowed" to run on the pitch.
  • I'm not even sure the question makes any sense.
  • Weird thread. There's a backstory here that we need to know. Have you just murdered someone?
    You're not allowed to run on the pitch.
    Bad news for the players.
  • Some of Pardew's loan signings didn't break the law.
  • Some of Pardew's loan signings didn't break the law.
    I think you mean didn't break a sweat.
  • Certainly didn't run on the pitch...
  • I once travelled on a train and only realised my season ticket had actually expired AFTER I had completed my journey.

I'm sure you can imagine my horror at the time and the turmoil I went through after that particular episode. I still hold the mental scars to this day.
  • Pwopa Nawty
  • Yes, I once stood up when we got a corner and was quickly given a verbal slap on the wrists in the East Stand.
  • Sponsored links:

• I once used a green pen at work and it was mentioned in my appraisal. It seems you weren't allowed to write in green unless you were from Audit.
  • Went to Fulham this year with an U16 ticket, despite being 17.
    Yeah, thats how I give two fingers to the system.
  • Surely it's not that people are not going on the pitch as they are too goody-goody, never do anything wrong etc, it's that if we do it then there's a risk of no trophy presentation, which we all want to see.

So rather than have an "I'm going to go on the pitch, what can they really do?" attitude, some have a "Yeah, it'd be good, but I'm going to stay off and not risk ruining it for everyne else?"
  • I once pushed a sweetie wrapper down the back of the sofa.
  • Look we have not invaded a pitch in thousands since 74 deal with it,we can clap and wave things better than any club embrace that
  • I once walked across the road before the 'green man' appeared, right ol' rebel me.
  • Look we have not invaded a pitch in thousands since 74 deal with it,we can clap and wave things better than any club embrace that
    Seems to me like there's only one oerson having troubke dealing with it nolly - the same fella who keeps posting about the lack of tradition, etc.

Be honest, you really should've been Millwall, shouldn't you?
  • not started any threads on it of what i can see responding to people getting out of their pram on what will never happen anyway,the last time we were on the pitch was boro at home i was of course on there
  • Miiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiilllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll.........................
    Fixed it for you nolly.
  • cheers
  • Sponsored links:

• edited April 2012
    There was a pitch invasion at Sellout in May '86 after a thrilling 0-0 draw with Wimbledon meant we were eventually promoted as 2nd. Div. runners-up. I think there were probably more Dons fans on the pitch than ours (they were third). I certainly did not participate in this unruly behaviour!
  • There was a pitch invasion at Sellout in May '86 after a thrilling 0-0 draw with Wimbledon meant we were promoted as 2nd. Div. runners-up. I think there were probably more Dons fans on the pitch than ours (they were champions). I certainly did not participate in this unruly behaviour!
    Your memory's failing you a bit there - Norwich were champs, and I think Dons still had another game to play where they could have snuck 2nd
  • Quite right mate: another old-timer's moment. I'll edit accordingly.
  • There is an important distinction between doing something not allowed when only you bear the consequences of being apprehended and doing something not allowed when others suffer as a result of your actions.

I very much hope that the majority of decent fans are not deprived of the treat of seeing our beloved Club being presented with the third division title trophy and applauding the players on a lap of honour because a minority of selfish, attention seeking bastards lack the self discipline to behave in a manner requested well in advance by the Club.

Just my opinion!
  • Jeeezus give me strength!
  • There is an important distinction between doing something not allowed when only you bear the consequences of being apprehended and doing something not allowed when others suffer as a result of your actions.

I very much hope that the majority of decent fans are not deprived of the treat of seeing our beloved Club being presented with the third division title trophy and applauding the players on a lap of honour because a minority of selfish, attention seeking bastards lack the self discipline to behave in a manner requested well in advance by the Club.

Just my opinion!
    Len, are we allowed to stand up & clap, or do we have to stay seated ? :-)
  • Well said Len,

Problem is there are a number of "fans" who don't care what is allowed or not, even if the club ask them nicely, and have an attitude of "I don't care - I do what I want" and don't give a toss about anyone else. And It's not just in forball, but in life in general too.
  • zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
  • Some people really need to live a little.

There won't be an invasion at Hartlepool, Carlisle was the right time for it, and Wycombe would have been fun if it happened. Can we please move on now?

Just my opinion!
    Agree totally.