Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

A Belated Congratulations & A Question

13»

Comments

• Options
    I'll take you both, easy 12 points next season!
  • Options
    I spent 6 years living in Sheffield. I know great guys that support both clubs. Always liked utd more though. I can't think of a rational reason, just seemed a nicer club.

I'd rather go to Wednesday than Coventry or Portsmouth, so your promotion makes next season better anyway. I'll have my fingers crossed for utd next weekend in any case.
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    Hi TW. I was at uni in the mid 80s in Sheffield.

a) United. Two reasons. When I lived there it was always a better place to watch a game. But mostly, we played you in our first season in the Premier League. We were relegated, deservedly. We played you last game of season. You gave it large all the way through that game.

TTFN.
    1. United, did not mind you giving it large during the game, thats banter, but after the game you gloated at our relegation, never forgiver that.
    I know I'm starting to sound obsessed, but there are plenty of reasons to dislike Wednesday, so why not dislike them for something that actually happened.
  • Options
    Just because you didn't hear any gloating doesn't mean it didn't happen Uboat. People have said they witnessed it, so unless they are making it up for some bizarre reason then it DID happen, whether you saw it or not.

Of course, it's possibly been exagerated over time and wasn't such a big deal, but I don't know why you just can't accept the point and move on - otherwise you really will start to sound obsessed!
    ;o)
  • Options
    Wednesday

Hope you don't mind but I hate teams that put The in front of their name

The Wednesday , the arsenal to conceited for my liking

You ask a good question ,

When you had megson and your fans and players showed the same crass classless attitude to everyone who you played and then the way your toss pot of a manager spoke of Morrison and the bile your fans gave to him , it was anyone but Wednesday

Now my opinion has changed mainly because we have peed the league and the title and I don't think we would have if both the Sheffield teams had not caused us to be on our a game Everytime we crossed the line

Also u getting rid of megson meant I don't have to listen to his cack or watch the hoof ball rubbish that u lot offered up Everytime I watched the football league show on sky or on the beeb

Now I don't mind who comes up it made a good evenings entertainment watching utd vs borough yesterday

I cant see how you won't go up on Saturday but I will laugh until august if you feck it up

I think stevenage will win the play offs
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    1. United, did not mind you giving it large during the game, thats banter, but after the game you gloated at our relegation, never forgiver that.
    I know I'm starting to sound obsessed, but there are plenty of reasons to dislike Wednesday, so why not dislike them for something that actually happened.
    Because it happened, simples!!!! You didn't hear it, fine .. I did. BTW thanks first time anyone has called me a liar on CL.
  • Options
    Its posts like "Charlton just win 1-0 and are the worst team to ever win promotion" and

"tinpot [ˈtɪnˌpɒt]
    adj (prenominal) Brit informal
    1. inferior, cheap, or worthless
    2. paltry; unimportant
    3. Charlton Athletic"

that makes me not want wednesday up.
  • Options
    I still hope united can pull it off next saturday, but it is a little more murky since the Evans court case & the fact they have not fired him yet.

Simply i did not care about either clubs until the vastly different experiance after the match in the 2 away games this season.

United i shook the hands of a few of them and we wished each other luck and had a good chat.

Wednesday on my 5/10 minute walk back to my car, i had 4 incidents of middle aged men walking up to me to explain why my club was a disgrace or that me and my friend were cockney barstewards ending with the final incident of being asked, i hope you and your Nword manager are happy with that and with what other stories i was told after, sounded like i got off lightly with the "banter" from your fans.

So in my view come on United and then come on anybody else in the play offs even Franchise who i hate for the obvious reason that we all do.
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    I don't want to have to listen to your lots whingeing, deluded crap all through next season, so United.
  • Options
    If this alleged goading took place, it must have been done in a whisper or through the medium of mime.
    Kap10 - just quote the bit where I call you a liar could you, because I don't think I did. A lot of people refer to stuff they heard other people say and it becomes a 'fact'. As I said before, I was in prime position to witness the behaviour of their fans that day, but happy to hear another side to the story from people in the JSS that day.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    If this alleged goading took place, it must have been done in a whisper or through the medium of mime.
    Kap10 - just quote the bit where I call you a liar could you, because I don't think I did. A lot of people refer to stuff they heard other people say and it becomes a 'fact'. As I said before, I was in prime position to witness the behaviour of their fans that day, but happy to hear another side to the story from people in the JSS that day.
    Why can't you just take what a fellow lifer says at face value. If you doubt it's validity I suggest you keep it to yourself.
  • Options
    But you doubt mine and choose to comment on it. Top work.
  • Options
    Oh FFS, lets stop discussing the subject so another self-obsessive can take offence while we look on.
  • Options
    Because we have never gloated at other teams relegation!
  • Options
    Because we have never gloated at other teams relegation!
    As if we would ;-)
  • Options
    Disagreeing with someone makes me 'self-obsessive'. Okay.
  • Options
    I honestly think a had sex wee when we relegated the stripey shite scum from croydon
  • Options
    Thing is uboat it seems that because you havn't witnessed something you call anyone who has effectively a liar or at least that's how it comes across to me. I could be wrong.
  • Options
    United have blown it, would have preferred they went up in 2nd but never mind.

As for the play offs, whoever finish's 6th.
  • Options
    1. dislike both so dont care, although united are the better side.
    2. Hudds
    3. charlton midtable, sheff club slightly lower, hudds bottom 6
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    a) I would prefer United to go up but I suspect they have blown it. Having said that, Wycombe are capable of giving Wednesday a game if they are not too down from relegation. There may yet be some twists and turns.
    b) Without knowing who the sixth placed club are, I think the play offs will be extremely tough and a real lottery. I think a good case can be made for any of the four teams winning it. If I could pick a team to face, it would probably be Huddersfield but they won't be pushovers.
    c) As for next season, it is difficult to predict. I am sure we will be alright as we have an extremely strong defence and a good number of Championhip standard players- with players like Solly, Morrison and Wiggins who I am sure will be premiership qulaity soon. But some business will need to be done and how well that goes will be the determining factor. It is impossible to predict how teams that are not promoted yet will fare, especially as I do not know who the real qulaity players are. Wednesday can for example say Llera is championship standard as he has been in a rich vein of form and their star man recently, but I think we all know at Charlton that the limitations in his game will expose him higher than Leaue One. Ultimately, it will be down to how many real championship qulaty players a team has and buys in the summer. I think no Charlton fan wants to get too carried away, but are expecting to be challenging for the top places rather than the bottom ones.
  • Options
    Thing is uboat it seems that because you havn't witnessed something you call anyone who has effectively a liar or at least that's how it comes across to me. I could be wrong.
    I'll just say this, then I promise I'll stop going on about it, because it's obviously annoying people and I don't want to come across as self obsessive. I don't think there was much in the way of goading that day and didn't hear any, despite being right next to their fans. I think most people who talk about now probably weren't even in the JSS that day. I'm not calling anyone a liar, though I seem to be getting called one.

Anyway, it's not important.
  • Options
    Will Megson be taking the credit for their promotion?
  • Options
    1.Wednesday because I hate the fact that United are only where they are because of Ched Evans , I hated Megson but like Dave Jones.
    2.Huddersfield
    3.Let's see who joins in the summer
  • Options
    Liar by implication - I was there, not hearsay, I was there, not quoting others, I was there in my ST seat, at the time, in the east block, by implication you have called me a liar!

Same as I heard the wednesday chairman say that he did not want to be playing clubs like charlton - no I wasn't there it was on BBC saturday lunchtime program.