Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

A Belated Congratulations & A Question

Good evening Charlton,

Wednesday fan here. I last posted prior to your visit to Hillsborough in mid-January where you left with 3 points after a closely-contested, but very efficient win for you.

Since the nyou have gone on from strength to strength with the rest of the league playing catch you if we can. We could not. As I said back in January, you have made 1sy your own and CP and your club deserve massive credit for that. Its not many seasons when a team can get 90 points and still finish in 3rd.

It appears one of the Sheffield clubs will have to suffer that. After today, thankfully, it seems like that will be the Blunts and not us if all goes to plan on the last day.

With that in mind, please answer these questions, as I would be interested to know your views:

a) Which Sheff club do you want to see go up in 2nd and why?
b) Who do you think will go up from the Playoffs?
c) Where do you think the 3 promoted teams will finish next season?

Comments

• Options
    We don't really care - we are drunk on promotion and are basking in the glory of champions.

Toodle-pip!
  • Options
    Couldn't give a rats ....
  • Options
    Huh? Sheffield clubs? Playoffs? sorry completely forgot celebrating being Champions and all that

;P
  • Options
    A United, don't like Jones, do like Wilson
    B MKD
    C far too early to predict
  • Options
    A) united
    B) Mk Dons
    C) Charlton top ten, Sheffield u and mk dons bottom 8
  • Options
    Wednesday - purely cause of the fact that the arctic monkeys are a fan of ures .
    Hopefully Carlisle because we know we've got 6 points allready for next season.

Charlton promotion the rest of em, not to sure hopefully they'll do well.

• Options
    A) united
    B) Mk Dons
    C) Charlton top ten, Sheffield u and mk dons bottom 8
    Why United Shirty?

• Options
    Why not
  • Options
    Why not
    Don't tell him Pike!
  • Options
    A) Wednesday - after the Evans court case I just don't want to see his goals (while on bail) result in success.
    B) Stevenage
    C) Charlton 2nd, Wednesday top 8 (maybe even playoffs) and Stevenage relegated.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    a) United. Remembered my ex's dad was a Wednesday knobber. Also seem like the nicer / more normal bunch of human beings
    b) Mk
    c) Depends on a million different things that I can't even be bothered to think about. We will do the best of the 3 though unless there's some mad investment elsewhere

Don't really care about anyone but us though. Hope these answers were sufficiently interesting for you
  • Options
    1. Not too bothered either way but definitely yours to win/lose.

2.If Wendys slip up next week I'd say you'd be most likely to win it. However, if (as it seems) Utd have blown it, I can see them missing out. Just hope MK f%%k it up.

3. Can't speak for other teams but think with the squad we currently have, we'll be okay and finish between 8th & 14th. But let's see who we sign over the summer.........................
  • Options
    A) United, because the majority of their fans seem decent & the majority of Wed fans are big headed, bragging, deluded fools.
    B) Hard to say but it won't be Hudds IMO.
    C) Once again hard to say as you don't know the teams. Charlton between 5th-10th. Others bottom half but likely to stay up.
  • Options
    Wednesday have to go up.... They're massive!
  • Options
    1. sheff utd cos you will be a bigger threat next year
    2. hudders
    3. charlton 15th wednesday 16th hudders 17th
  • Options
    a) United. Remembered my ex's dad was a Wednesday knobber. Also seem like the nicer / more normal bunch of human beings
    b) Mk
    c) Depends on a million different things that I can't even be bothered to think about. We will do the best of the 3 though unless there's some mad investment elsewhere

Don't really care about anyone but us though. Hope these answers were sufficiently interesting for you
    How could you possibly come to this conclusion?

Exhibit A:
  • Options
    You do know that the whole MASSIVE thing is a tongue in cheek ironic thing we do to wind up United fans.

Wednesday fans love Wednesday first, hate United second

United fans hate Wednesday first, love United second.
  • Options
    Please, please f*^% off. I
  • Options
    1. Sheff U. Just too many awful people on Owlstalk. Relax though - you're going up.
    2. MK Dons
    3. Charlton 8th, Weds 11th, MK Dons 15th
  • Options
    Look Owly, you've asked questions and people - for some reason - are giving you answers.

If you don't like the answers then tough. I don't suppose we'll lose any sleep over it. But if you came here to get your collective cocks sucked then you're going to have a long wait. (Well, at least until Natham Prior comes on.)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    You do know that the whole MASSIVE thing is a tongue in cheek ironic thing we do to wind up United fans.

Wednesday fans love Wednesday first, hate United second

United fans hate Wednesday first, love United second.
    Yeah?

I suppose that was aimed at the Sheffield United fans mostly but we can't help noticing the comments you lot made about our club and suggesting we are lucky to finish as Champions. I appreciate your gesture towards us so maybe your in the minority.
  • Options
    Look Owly, you've asked questions and people - for some reason - are giving you answers.

If you don't like the answers then tough. I don't suppose we'll lose any sleep over it. But if you came here to get your collective cocks sucked then you're going to have a long wait. (Well, at least until Natham Prior comes on.)
    I only have one cock Off_it. And no thanks pal I'll be reyt without it sucked by you.

All I asked was why Shirty preferred United and their fans?

Nevermind, well done anyway.

Hope to visit the valley next season.

• Options
    Thank you for your congratulations Wednesday. I'm afraid you won't get a civil answer from some on here!
    I'm not really too bothered who goes up - I don't have anything against either Sheffield club.
  • Options
    Thank you for your congratulations Wednesday. I'm afraid you won't get a civil answer from some on here!
    I'm not really too bothered who goes up - I don't have anything against either Sheffield club.
    If that's aimed at me then I sincerely and genuinely thank you. The day I start pandering up to away fans with an agenda on here is the day I stop posting.
  • Options

I only have one cock Off_it. And no thanks pal I'll be reyt without it sucked by you.

All I asked was why Shirty preferred United and their fans?

Nevermind, well done anyway.

Hope to visit the valley next season.

Unfortunately you've got plenty of cocks, "pal".
  • Options
    I agree, but answering a few questions isn't pandering, as far as I'm concerned.
  • Options
    Hi TW. I was at uni in the mid 80s in Sheffield.

a) United. Two reasons. When I lived there it was always a better place to watch a game. But mostly, we played you in our first season in the Premier League. We were relegated, deservedly. We played you last game of season. You gave it large all the way through that game.
    b)United. Good side, from what I have seen this season.
    c)Hard to say. I don't think we will do a Norwich/Southampton and as for you and whoever else, I don't really give a rat's cock.

TTFN.
  • Options
    I've said this a few times, but no-one's listening, so I'll say it again. My seat all that 1998-99 season was at the end of a row in the JSS, so I was basically sitting next to the away fans most games. The 'giving it large' is a myth as far as I'm concerned. I don't remember any goading or piss taking, but I do remember quite a large group of Wednesday fans coming over and applauding us as we sung 'We'll be back'.

Still want Utd though.
  • Options
    Fair enough U. I was in the East, maybe the memory is playing tricks. Agree re United.
  • Options
    I'd rather Wednesday go up. I couldn't care a less about some of the idiots you get on Owlstalk, all clubs have their own bunch of keyboard warriors & deluded fans.

I only know two Wednesday fans and two United fans and the two Wednesday fans are top blokes. Know they are where they are because they deserve to be and don't have this big club mentality but like us can't wait to get out of this crap league. The united fans however are completely the opposite, nice blokes but feel they are too big for this league. Have been very mouthy when beating us in previous years. Me and the Wednesday fan always support each other and have been to both SWFC & CAFC games. Love it every time & go mental when we score.