Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Lee bowyer released by Ipswich

edited April 2012 in General Charlton
Could he do a job for us in the championship?
Would we want him back?

Comments

• Options
    Thatcher
  • Options
    NO
  • Options
    Could he do a job for us in the championship?
    Would we want him back?
    mine!

would love to see lee back at the valley!

• Options
    Now thats the record!
  • Options
    perhaps 2 years ago .. now ? .. no
  • Options
    NO, past his best big time
  • Options
    NO, I don't think he'll make any more of an impact than Dale, Danny or Bradley will in the Championship. Besides, he's the past, not the future
  • Options
    Would love to have seen him back but fear he's not what we are looking for now...shame as he has been a great player over the years....seems to have been around for ever.
    Another one we let get away....sigh!!
  • Options
    If we were staying in this division I'd say yes. As we're not I'll say no...............
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Lee-Lee- Lee Bowyer!

At least he had a decent chant. Too long ago for all the Plastic Prems on here to remember though......
  • Options
    No - the ethos of this club is about the future not the past!
  • Options
    NO!
  • Options
    Absolutely F****** Not....
  • Options
    mcdonalds says no...
  • Options
    Can't really see him appearing on page one of CP's summer shopping list, or page 2, or 3, 4, 5, 6......
  • Options
    Thanks but no thanks.
  • Options
    A great player in his prime but at the age of 35 is past it.
  • Options
    dear god !.......no
  • Options
    If and its a big if he was to fit in with Powell's transfer policy and if Powell believes he is the right type of character, then I trust his judgement. When Brum were relegated last year, Bowyer had a decent season individually so possibly is not completely past it.

Could be an Andy Hughes type signing.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Who?
  • Options
    Lee-Lee- Lee Bowyer!

At least he had a decent chant. Too long ago for all the Plastic Prems on here to remember though......

And on his return 'He's not good with words...'!
  • Options
    Oh he's the guy that likes Mcdonalds .. i remember.
  • Options
    Too short
  • Options
    If and its a big if he was to fit in with Powell's transfer policy and if Powell believes he is the right type of character, then I trust his judgement. When Brum were relegated last year, Bowyer had a decent season individually so possibly is not completely past it.

Could be an Andy Hughes type signing.
    Whereas this is unlikely to happen what you say does have some mileage in as far as he just might have a good influence/fighting quality (no funny comments please!!!) about him that would be good to have around the place.
    It's not always the best 11 players that are put out on the park or sit on the bench but the best team.
    But realisticly it aint gonna happen.

• Options
    We could employ him to hide in the bushes, and develop his bravery into jumping out at arriving away team coaches. I'd employ a bush appearance performance related clause. If he doesn't emerge from the bush, no fee.

We all know he prefers the inside of a bush, to the outside of a bush, so maybe someone could be employed as a Kieron Dyer lookalike loitering in the car park? If he get's confused with what sort of a bush he's supposed to immerge from, maybe we could sit a Judge and Jury on the bench? I heard that always made him play better.
  • Options
    was it wimbledon in the league cup where he was awsome?
  • Options
    Unlikely to happen ... but yes
  • Options
    bit like jason euell. he wont get much of a chance in the first team, so we will just be having him around as he was good for us when he was younger. don’t see him as much of a legend as Jas though. and powell and jas are friends. i doubt if powell is matey with bowyer.
  • Options
    was it wimbledon in the league cup where he was awsome?
    5-3 away game got a hat trick i think , was gutted when he went , too past it now to come back , probably wants a big wedge.