Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Super Kermorgant (ed. Signs new contract until 2014)

Comments

• Brilliant news,kermit to us is what cantons was to man utd,would love it if he gets winner at selhurst park.
  • Good news
  • Yanntastic!
  • FANtastic news...!! see what I did there?
    ok I'll move on and get me coat ;-)
  • Magic!
    We all dream of 10 kermorgants
  • This guy is unbelievably good. I've never seen such an astute signing at Charlton as what SCP did with Yann last year.

It really is like having twelve men on a team when you have him.

There were many games last year where he was simply unplayable.
  • Great and fantastic. Yann did very well last year, and of course we want him to stay, but this was always going to happen. We are spending the summer signing our own players for gods sake! The crap about Powell building a team for the c/ship last year doesn't wash with me. There was no guarantee of promotion last year, and we were actually very lucky to win quite a few.
  • You don't get 101 points and win leagues by being lucky.
  • Great and fantastic. Yann did very well last year, and of course we want him to stay, but this was always going to happen. We are spending the summer signing our own players for gods sake! The crap about Powell building a team for the c/ship last year doesn't wash with me. There was no guarantee of promotion last year, and we were actually very lucky to win quite a few.

Goodnight.

• As good as a new signing this.
  • Sponsored links:

• Great bit of business. Yann is a monster.
  • Up_the_valley, were we lucky to beat Sporting live on Portuguese TV too against all expectation too? Just a thought.

After several seasons where the squad changed dramatically with over a dozen players moving on and their replacements being very often no better and in many cases worse I'm looking forward to seeing a successful team evolve and develop.

The best Charlton sides of the last couple of decades were those where this was allowed to happen with the weaker players being moved on and quality players replacing them and in these cases the teams were built around strong players and Yann Kermorgant is such a player.

Of course we could just let all our best players go and then then the glass half-empty brigade will have something to moan about when their replacements aren't up to scratch, but I'd rather we planned the next two/three seasons around tried and tested players.

Goodnight.

Not undermining the achievement, or an attack on Yann.
  • Fantastic news........Thank you Yann

After several seasons where the squad changed dramatically with over a dozen players moving on and their replacements being very often no better and in many cases worse I'm looking forward to seeing a successful team evolve and develop.

The best Charlton sides of the last couple of decades were those where this was allowed to happen with the weaker players being moved on and quality players replacing them and in these cases the teams were built around strong players and Yann Kermorgant is such a player.

Of course we could just let all our best players go and then then the glass half-empty brigade will have something to moan about when their replacements aren't up to scratch, but I'd rather we planned the next two/three seasons around tried and tested players.
    Build around Yann yeah great, just feel we need more bricks or it may come tumbling down.

• I just hope you're not the same people moaning on the rumours thread about the lack of news in the transfer market. Apparently we don't need it? :/
  • edited July 2012
    Best news. Now if he could deliver my season ticket would be grateful
  • Can't believe i've only just heard about this on Sky Sports News , fantastic news ...... now please can we sell CAFC Berets in the club shop perleeease!!
  • Would love to see him wearing the Charlton shirt in the Premiership.
  • Sponsored links:

• I love you Yann!!!!!!!!! He will be immense this season.
  • I'm delighted to hear this news - lots more of the same from Yann next season. He was brilliant for us last season.
  • Comfortably imo the best player we have

Although reports of him being a little bit heavy after their "summer" break make me small nervous

A lean mean Yann can carry us to safety this season , my favourite player atm
  • Comfortably imo the best player we have

Although reports of him being a little bit heavy after their "summer" break make me small nervous

A lean mean Yann can carry us to safety this season , my favourite player atm

Judging by the Sporting game he isn't out of shape.

Yann is loving it here hope he scores some winners vs Palace and Millwall now.

• And Leicester
  • Cest magnifique
  • Best signing of the summer. A cult hero as well as a player who at times is unplayable as you simply do not know what he is going to do next.
  • So happy about this. Looking at the squad i think we are close to having a very good championship team who can grow over the next few years.
  • edited July 2012

Wasn't so much heavy at Welling, he was bloody massive, he'd put 2 stone on his arse alone. However, maybe it's a normal thing for him to do in the close season and why it took a while to get him fit and through the door last time.

His renewal is a big positive and working our attack around him with a speedy/clever partner is the best way forward. Assuming we can shift Clarke and Hayes we desperately need another striker now!!
  • Yann's The Man! Be very intereting to see how the Championship sides cope with his massive prescence.