Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Player of the Year dinner on 6th May - explanation

123457»

Comments

• Chris Solly , says he's NOT 5 foot 3.... shock!
  • That was a great speech, and yann was the first player that Chris shook hands with after the speech
  • I know Henry mentioned it before, but spoke to Richard Murray and he says he feels a lot better now ...especially after nights like tonight :-)
  • Bradley Pritchard is such a legend. Absolutely love him.
  • Solly and wagstaff being swamped for pics
  • It's all happening ...seb doing the worm
  • Chris Powell on now.
  • What a winner. And Solly didn't do too bad either!!

;o)image
  • Good to meet Stonemuse and family, and to finally buy Fanny that glass of house white that I promised.

A great evening. Well done firstly to Jean and Ian and all concerned with the organisation. And also to the players, Directors, management and our leader Chris Powell who all managed to maintain a smile, offer a warm handshake or hug, and a few words and hundreds of autographs and photographs all through the event.

Enjoy your Summer and thank you for the past season. It is one to cherish for a lifetime.
  • Me, my son and Sir Chris
    I think I met your son at the Preston game...great pic btw

It sounds like a great evening.
  • Sponsored links:

• Cheers bigstemarra, great night tonight, will let my son know
  • Sat with bradley wright phillips and john sullivan.

Wright phillips is a very interesting character. Buying drinks for everyone on the table twice. What a ledgend
  • Pic with my son holding the cup, brothers on either side
  • Terrific night, great to have delroofer and his wife on our table. Well done to Jean and Ian for organisation, excellent hosting by Steve Ryder, enjoyed having chats with Michael Slater and Richard Murray, and meeting Airman Brown again.

Sir Chris hardly ever sat down, signing autographs, having pics taken all night. Players seemed to be enjoying themselves, my son had a chat with Danny Green and he said he is definitely staying with us for at least 2 years and so glad he joined us.

I spoke to Jason Euell and he loved yesterday, would be very happy if he could stay involved, so obvious that he has a great feeling for CAFC.

Keith Peacock, what a legend, had a smile in his face all night.

Lots of great chats with the players ...great end to a superb season.
  • Terrific Evening (sorry I missed you Stonemuse).
    thanks to the RoDCrew, CharltonLive, players & management.
    But, special thanks to StillAddickted, Michael & Fanny.
    Thank You for making it happen.
    MoG x
  • Great Night, All the players were very friendly and approachable especially Green and Dale Stephens.

You can see the lads all get on so well think they might have a few headaches today.

Nice to meet MOG.
  • edited May 2012
    What a super event, atmosphere was electric right from the off....had a great time with my old pals Mick Gibbett and Mark the (original) North Stand drummer.
    The lads leave for Las Vegas (or Lost Wages as it's known to some!) on Friday.
  • Well done for organising a good night. I can't help but say I thought there were too many people which didn't make it as good as previous events. Also kids were allowed to go? Surely they have the Xmas party to meet the players and last nights event should b adults only. Last night I felt was a night to get autographs signed and not actually meet and talk to them like previous years. Maybe allocate just an hour for this.

I was also told I would have 2 players on the table as I had booked early and when I arrived with my party of 8 we had 2 extra fans on our table (not that they were a problem), I know it's difficult to organise but wen I could have had 2 of my own friends or family sitting with me, u can understand where I'm coming from.

Sorry for the negative vibe I just thought I would see what others felt.
  • What a cracking night.

Has to be the best POTY I've ever been to.

Hope the Skipper has a good supply of Alka Seltzer ;-)
  • Atmosphere was superb last night, rarely seen so many happy faces since our wembley win, kudos to everyone involved. Still don't want this season to end but it was a fitting finish.

Looked like a few of the players were well up for a good drink by the time I left :-)
  • Sponsored links:

• Heard someone ask JJ if he looks on Charlton Life, he replied that he does not but if any players do they have to be prepared to see critisim.
  • Well done for organising a good night. I can't help but say I thought there were too many people which didn't make it as good as previous events. Also kids were allowed to go? Surely they have the Xmas party to meet the players and last nights event should b adults only. Last night I felt was a night to get autographs signed and not actually meet and talk to them like previous years. Maybe allocate just an hour for this.

I was also told I would have 2 players on the table as I had booked early and when I arrived with my party of 8 we had 2 extra fans on our table (not that they were a problem), I know it's difficult to organise but wen I could have had 2 of my own friends or family sitting with me, u can understand where I'm coming from.

Sorry for the negative vibe I just thought I would see what others felt.
    cabbie8 - agree that there appeared to be to many people there but disagree about the children comment. I took my 2 boys and there were several kids that have been to many player of the year nights before. They are just as much part of the club as you and I.

Great night though
  • Great night, thanks for those who orginised it, felt a bit like a kid at christmas!
  • I defo agree with u, the kids r the clubs future.
    They will always be a big part of the club.
    I just thought there's a time and place for them to be.
    Good luck to them if they go and enjoy it.
    I suppose our group last night had no children so things may change wen we do.
    Our opinion was adults only as last night just appeared to be a night to get autographs.
  • cabbie,

See your point, but in all fairness, most of the people getting autographs last night were adults. Last night was mega busy compared to the last few player of the year dinners that I have attended
    Might be a good idea for an adults only event, though, just not player of the year -after all, voting is open to young and old.

Hope you enjoyed it though?
  • Yes mate agreed, good night.
    How can anyone not enjoy this season!
    It's been a great year and hopefully next year will be as enjoyable