Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Player of the Year dinner on 6th May - explanation

Comments

• Options
    Yes, very simple.

Simple when you don't have to do the work or know anything about what other events or dates had to be avoided.

• Options
    Who won , did i miss something? :-0
  • Options
    perhaps then it could have been staged a week earlier (is there not a sponser's dinner tonight ?) - that way the 250 fans who are going to the event will not be disappointed that they result was known beforehand and the other 25,000 of us can then be told on Saturday.

simples
    Oh dear, Golfie . What are we going to do with you ???

So, we stage the "do" a week earlier ...after players & supporters have returned home the previous night from Preston or are staying north for the weekend . And with a working day on the Monday ....Could consider that next year but unlikely for some obscure reason.

Far better to hold it after the last game of the season , on a day preceding a Bank Holiday . Has been held on that Sunday for years, I believe and suits most people concerned,including the 405 supporters who will join the Directors , players and Management staff on the 6th to celebrate this season's achievements.

As BDL rightly said, the presentations/announcements/speeches will be live on the good old wireless so Joan & Stan won't miss out.

As for the voting, well, the organisers DO have lives too, votes have to be counted & the stats compiled AND why should we miss the celebrations prior kick off at the Hartlepool game ? So, fans were told in advance of the 2 home matches where volunteers would be taking your votes and BTW this was done very successfully this year as the results will testify in due course.

As for stating that " a lot of fans NEVER know who wins POTY " , you're having a laugh ! Or is that too out of character .....?

I promise to give you a big "We are the Champions" hug if I see you on Saturday so beware !

• Options
    Golfie, tell your mum and dad tomorrow that Solly wins it and Yann comes runner up Then they will know three days before everyone else.

Don't say I don't do anything for you (i suppose you'll moan now that I've spoilt the surprise)
  • Options
    @AFKA you are on fire tonight :-)
  • Options
    In golfaddicks own little world there maybe no Internet access , who knows. It is possible ;)
  • Options
    Any tickets left/returned?
  • Options
    Any tickets left/returned?
    Join the queue....

• Options
    Is there a waiting list then?
  • Options
    Apparently. (See earlier Quotes on this thread).
    ;-)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited May 2012
    Has the Poty board in Bartrams been updated? I know there was room up till 2010, haven't been there for a while.

Who's ever idea it was, they were very short sighted only allowing for 7-8 years on it.
  • Options
    Hope to see a few of you there tonight but as I don't know most of you may be difficult ;-)
  • Options
    Does anyone know if there is a dress code?
  • Options
    I'm wearing a shirt blazer and troussers seems appropriate for a thing like this.
  • Options
    Smart casual apparently
  • Options
    It's black tie.
  • Options
    Fancy dress
  • Options
    Smurfy dress
  • Options
    I'm wearing a suit with the new Nike red shirt underneath! Mrs Del will be wearing a little black number apparently (don't know if it's the away kit).

See you there!
  • Options
    Yah !! Got a ticket !! (Thank You Fanny & SillAddicted).
    What time is kick-off ?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited May 2012
    Doors open 6 pm ...be good to meet you mog
  • Options
    Don't forget to pop over and say hello to us lot over at the Charlton Live table folks!
  • Options
    Don't forget to pop over and say hello to us lot over at the Charlton Live table folks!
    Will look out for it
  • Options
    Is that the top table ?

• Options
    Keep the pictures coming from tonight.
  • Options
    live audio on CAFC player in a few mins
  • Options
    Just met delroofer who kindly took the pic of me with the cup
  • Options
    live audio on CAFC player in a few mins
    Anyone else having trouble with the broadcast?

• Options
    can't hear anything
  • Options
    I can't hear anything either.... mind you enjoyed the other interviews whilst waiting