Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Yann

Comments

• Options
    Took a spurs mate today, he said:

"who's that number 36?!?! He wins everything."

Super Yann
  • Options
    It's been said before but worth saying again , and again ....

Yann's a beast ...but he's OUR beast !
  • Options
    He is good very good infact but premier league class you are joking, he wins every ball he is big and strong but he doesn't score enough nor move fast enough

He is head and shoulders above most if not all defenders in this division but against better players he wouldn't look as good
  • Options
    Yann is brilliant. He works so hard and never gives up. Although there are several worthy candidates in the team this year, he is my player of the season so far.
  • Options
    need to get a song going for him loudly!!
  • Options
    Never seen a player win so many headers
  • Options

Sheer Class
  • Options
    He is good very good infact but premier league class you are joking, he wins every ball he is big and strong but he doesn't score enough nor move fast enough

He is head and shoulders above most if not all defenders in this division but against better players he wouldn't look as good
    I couldn't disagree more. His touch is superb and he has great vision. He could easily play in the Premier League, especially with better players around him.

I cannot remember a player we have had who is so big and yet so accomplished a footballer.
  • Options
    Never been the type to want a players name on the back of my shirt, until seeing Yann!
    Love the way he hangs in the air. He brings the ball down and lays off intelligent passes like Mike Flanagan in his prime. I think people were suggesting that he should be rested simply because the team had started to pump too many high balls to Yann and were not playing on the ground enough. That was probably highlighted yesterday in the difference between our performance in the first and second halves.
  • Options
    From the first minute when he came into the team (was it Stevenage away?) you could tell he was a different class. He just seems to do things so easily. He must be great to play with. I love Big Yann.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

I couldn't disagree more. His touch is superb and he has great vision. He could easily play in the Premier League, especially with better players around him.

I cannot remember a player we have had who is so big and yet so accomplished a footballer.
    I wouldn't say that he couldn't do it, but it's a bit of a jump in quality. I'll be happy to test him in the Championship next year before deciding whether he could make another step up or not.
  • Options
    edited February 2012
    need to get a song going for him loudly!!
    here here!! Where the hell is his song!! Come on North Stand boys....keep talking about it....just simply sing the ooh aah Cantona tune as everybody knows it
  • Options
    On yesterday's performance - he's here, he's there, he's every f****where Kermogant - sounds a pretty good tune.
  • Options
    Not sure about the Prem but am sure he'd do the biz in the Championship next season
  • Options
    My dad, who is hopeless with names, actually call him Yann Cormorant yesterday. Ironic considering he floats in the air so well
  • Options
    I think it's about time we had a forward that puts it about and worries defenders with his physical presence instead of it being our defenders getting the difficult time.

He is class and has been immense since joining
  • Options
    I remember 80% of this board slating him when we signed him, citing the penalty miss as why we shouldn't have got him. For that, glad all love him.
    Couldn't give a shit about one penalty but his goalscoring record was poor & I certainly questioned his signing. I now hang my head in shame....Yann is the man !!!!!!
  • Options
    On yesterday's performance - he's here, he's there, he's every f****where Kermogant - sounds a pretty good tune.
    This is the one !
  • Options
    Definitely not overweight, stood next to him on train back from Brentford... he's got the highest spring i've ever seen from a Charlton forward.. Leaburn included! Star man, got worried when he was linked with Celtic in January. Player of the year?
    Well that wouldn't be difficult, for a man of his size he was dreadful in the air
  • Options
    This is not meant to be a critiscism of Yann but why don't we put more crosses from the Wing onto his bounce for him to score from headers , as he is so good in the air??
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    We will have to see Bing, I would like to see how well he does in training against morrow and Taylor who are easily the 2 best centre halves in this league

I don't Think yann will look as good against better defenders and its easy to shine if you have real quality in this league and he does shine

Solly to me is real quality but I wouldn't say premier class yet as I want to see how well he does against better wingers before I made such a bold statement
  • Options
    This is not meant to be a critiscism of Yann but why don't we put more crosses from the Wing onto his bounce for him to score from headers , as he is so good in the air??
    He's quite often not in the box because he drops deep to give an option to our midfielders.
  • Options
    Yann is Iwelumo only better.
  • Options
    I wish we played to Yann's feet a bit more. He's sublime on the ball sometimes and can knock a first time ball through beautifully. Against teams like Rochdale where we need pick them apart we could have done with getting him on the ball a bit more often
  • Options
    I wish we played to Yann's feet a bit more. He's sublime on the ball sometimes and can knock a first time ball through beautifully. Against teams like Rochdale where we need pick them apart we could have done with getting him on the ball a bit more often
    Agreed. Iwelumo was good on the deck too hence my comparison. Yann puts himself about (in all senses) more though.
  • Options
    Yann has infinitely better touch and awareness than iwelumo, for me. iwelumo was decent for his size, but yann is technically excellent.

• Options
    edited February 2012

blockquote rel="nth london addick">He is good very good infact but premier league class you are joking, he wins every ball he is big and strong but he doesn't score enough nor move fast enough

He is head and shoulders above most if not all defenders in this division but against better players he wouldn't look as good.

I wonder how many would have expected to see Carl Jenkinson in an Arsenal shirt - in the first team - so soon after leaving us.<
  • Options
    is it a bird, or is it a plane...? no, its SUPER BULLFROG!!!
  • Options
    Yann is Iwelumo only better.
    I agree with this.
    I just love watching Yann, he's always providing an option to the midfield and he is always the target man off the goalkicks and he rarely disappoints.
  • Options
    super super yan super super yan super super yan super yan kermorgant!